• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. L

September 9th Build Crashlogs and Dumps

This is from server browser crash.
  2. L

To decrease load times, turn off precaching and change game cache size

How big are those caches? Would it be possible to load those at game start instead of every map start? I am just curious, so I am not asking you to implement it or anything. ;)
  3. L

Primed Grenades Don't Explode???

When you hold the left mouse button you can right-click to let go off the release bar before throwing. I always cook the soviet grenades unless I am in a hurry or need to throw it max distance.
  4. L

Tanktowers should blow off

A memoir comes to mind where JSU-152 did that to a panther: http://www.iremember.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=85&Itemid=19 There is no photo of it and it does not really say why the turret flew off the panther. The early panthers had a "shot trap" between the turret and the...
  5. L

Primed Grenades Don't Explode???

None of the primed grenades seems to explode if my toon dies before it has thrown them. Also, "cooking" a grenade does not effect it. That has been my experience after the last patch. It is the same with the satchel charges as well, I think. With the current version of the game, the "team...
  6. L

Why and how did you choose your (ingame) nick

My nick (Lem) comes from my name. Two letters from my last name and one from the first name. Lemur is basically the same, except that I changed the letter a to u for it to mean something nice. I have used both Lemur and Lem for quite a few years already but seems that those are a bit too common...
  7. L

the stug machine gun

If a Stug was supporting an infantry assault, it might be useful. But as that aspect is a bit lacking in RO, it would be rarely used I'm sure. Maybe with the AT-gun mods we might actually see tanks more in their proper roles.:cool:
  8. L

Better fps

The biggest problem seems to be the graphics card indeed. I would upgrade that if at all possible.
  9. L

Nvidia 7900 GTX Performance

Newest WHQL drivers work fine with my 7900GT atleast. http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html Never use other than nVidia drivers for nVidia cards unless you absolutely have to for some odd reason. You should uninstall and reboot before installing new ones and then reboot again just as...
  10. L

So, i bought this game about 30 days ago...

I have been accused of cheating a few times. That it mainly because of hip-shooting with a bolt action rifle at close ranges. Those have happened at the times of free weekends and such. I have never suspected anyone cheating. Using a rifle against SMG users gets me killed often enough at close...
  11. L

Tactics Tips for PTRD

You guys seem bitter.:rolleyes: How many tiger kills have you gotten in an actual on-line game with a PTRD?
  12. L

German antitank guns.

Guys, ever heard of Blitzkrieg and Schwerpunkt? It is not like the german forces had less men and firepower at places where they were attacking. Better trained men are still just men--they die like the rest when being shot.
  13. L

Weapon Jamming (Merged Yet Again)

Those were not part of the winter gear. :rolleyes: Might be a bit hard to reach the trigger with those and all.;)
  14. L

Weapon Jamming (Merged Yet Again)

All I know, is that unjamming this: when wearing these: can be a bit troublesome. I would not mind seeing jams in RO though. :cool:
  15. L

How will Sch

Yes, the angle does change somewhat depending of the angle of the actual shot. Indeed. And with a tungsten core round, the bullet changes shape quite dramatically after the first penetration.
  16. L

Tactics Where do you shoot Half Tracks with PTRD?

The soviets did not use those bazookas much, if at all, in actual combat. So I am not sure if it would be a good idea to have those in game.
  17. L

tank combat idea

Sounds like a good idea to me. Even though the tanks were not repairable on the field most of the time, this would definately add to the realistic behaviour on the battle field.
  18. L

PT-Soldat and binoculars

Only reason why I have used those is because I have accidentally taken binoculars out of the pocket when I tried to find a pistol to shoot with. I'm usually far ahead the main front line, trying to get get good flank shots against tanks. Not really that far away from the targets for the...
  19. L

How will Sch

Please do, because slowing down the bullet speed was not really the reason why Sch