• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

Put a helmet on!

I know it's a detail, but I wish they'd give the Soviet soldiers helmets to wear instead of those silly caps. I've seen tons of WW II footage, and except for in winter the Soviets nearly always had helmets on. How come they don't in RO?
  2. T

Recommended Reading: The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes

For those of you interested in general science and WWII history I highly recommend this book. Published in 1986 it won the 1988 Pulitzer for nonfiction. Among the many interesting facts and themes: Although the Germans had an early technical lead, they never really figured out how to make a bomb...
  3. T

Addition of the Commisar Class

I suggest we simulate real Ostfront conditions by adding the Commisar class to the Soviet side on infantry maps. This unit would simulate the "blocking troops" employed by the NKVD to improve motivation and prevent disgraceful retreat in the face of the fascist beasts. The Political Commisar...
  4. T

Slower movement rate for certain loads?

How about making the movement rate slower or the sprint exhaustion time shorter for soldiers carrying very heavy loads? Take the German faust soldier: 3 Fausts @ 15 lbs. each + loaded MP40 @ 11 lbs + 4 more clips adds up to roughly 60 lbs of weapons, not counting other gear. This guy really...
  5. T

Panzerfaust was NOT reloadable

There have been some complaints that Panzerfausts are too deadly to tanks in RO. This is incorrect as they could penetrate up to 200mm of armour at a 30 degree angle, enough to kill any allied tank unless it was protected by sandbags or standoff armour. The problem is, the panzerfaust wasn't...