• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

Russian army in Georgia.

There's a big difference betweenn having contingency plans and having tanks & support elements parked on the border ready to roll on a few hours notice. It's called mobilization. I'm not aware of any major power that keeps a fully mobilized invasion force on its borders, even North Korea.
  2. T

Russian army in Georgia.

International relations students in London aren't exactly a representative sample of the general Russian population.
  3. T

Russian army in Georgia.

Yes, but that's the Russians for you, always one technological step behind. Besides, I don't think they care a whole lot about how this war is reported or perceived in the west. Putin has the Russian media under his thumb and that's likely all that matters to him. I bet this little adventure is...
  4. T

Russian army in Georgia.

I don't know if any Russian "peacekeepers" were killed in the initial Georgian assault or not. (note the quotations- their status as peacekeepers is extremely suspect given Russia was clearly providing military aid to the Ossetians- military advisers would be a better description) i don't see...
  5. T

Russian army in Georgia.

They're not Russian citizens. They're Georgian citizens. Russian very recently extended them passports, and has now decided to refer to them as citizens as part of its propoganda effort. Certainly, Georgia made a major bad move by provoking the Russians in this manner and may to some extent...
  6. T

Russian Artillery Fire Commands

"At The Lair Of The Fascist Beast, Fire!"
  7. T

paint ball kint tiger

It doesn't have either Tiger or Panther treads, since the wheels don't overlap. They're more like T-34 treads. Also, you can tell it's not a real Tiger because it went the entire 2 1/2 minutes of the video without breaking down once.
  8. T

One for the MG fans...

Yes, I agree. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near these guys at a range. I get hinkey when I see anyone handling a gun carelessly or stupidly, and deliberately melting your barrel is just plain stupid.
  9. T

Remington SMG?

My "Encyclopedia of Weapons of WWII" has an entry on the Reising, but I'm at work right now and can't consult it. I'm pretty sure it was mostly used by the US Marines and they experienced a lot of problems with it so it was dropped. I can give you more specifics later if you want. A more...
  10. T

If you had too...

MG 42 for sure. Less likely to jam than the MG 34 and much more mobile than the Maxim, so you can shift your firing positions from time to time to dodge those mortar rounds you know will soon be coming your way.
  11. T

TripWire's "next project"

Six Day War would be excellent. I'd also like to see an air combat sim along the lines of IL-2 for the Six Day War.
  12. T

If you ever wondered, where Santa Claus comes from...

St. Nick was from Myra, in what is now southern Turkey, then part of the Byzantine empire. His forearm bones are in a museum there, I've seen them. So he was real, and that's where he came from.
  13. T

Stalingrad POWs

14. T

Stalingrad POWs

You're quite right, most of the survivors were officers. I don't think they were kept alive mainly for propoganda purposes though. They tended to survive for two reasons. The first you have identified. Officers were better fed and in overall better condition at the time of surrender than the...
  15. T

Modern PPSh

Time to catch up on current events some more, Buddy. Canadian Airlines ceased to exist in 2001, about 25 years after the US capability to put a man on the moon did, or about 2 years before the US capability to safely put a man into low orbit did. We buy our aircraft from the manufacturer...
  16. T

Modern PPSh

You could put a man on the moon, 38 years ago. Even NASA has admitted they lack the capability to carry out a similar mission today or in the near future. Based on the recent performance of the shuttle program, you're lucky if you can put someone into low orbit at present.
  17. T

Need help with argument! Best tank?

I've owned both, and let me tell you BMW beats the Dodge in handling hands down. My panzer was way, way faster then the Dodge too. Electronically limited to 250 kph, but would do that easily. The wheels would fall off a Dodge before it got to that speed. The Audi I have now handles far better...
  18. T

Basic document about T-34

I think there was a tendency for Soviet soldiers to refer to any German tank as a "tiger". A T-34 could certainly take out a Pz III or Pz IV. Several working together might be a match for a Tiger if well crewed, but I don't think most T-34's had radios so co-operation at that level would be...
  19. T

Need advice on Mosin Nagant

I bought a never-used M44 several years ago, still in the cosmoline. It's in perfect shape and deadly accurate at the range. It's Soviet made, 1944. It's extremely easy to remove the bayonet, which anyone should do before using it for hunting. Given the choice I'd MUCH rather have an SVT, but...
  20. T

Grenades always go off

I've definitely had dud 'nades, and I've certainly killed teamates by dropping a primed 'nade after being shot. I've even killed a guy at close range and then been blown up by his dropped 'nade a couple of times. So what's the problem?