• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. UltraJake

Loading Times

Something that has been a problem since the first release of the Closed Beta is that the game takes forever on start-up as well as when loading into maps. I imagine some of this has to do with pre-loading assets since things speed up a bit later on but will this ever be improved? I shouldn't...
  2. UltraJake

The Game is Dying. What to Do?

Eh, I don't know. That would be an interesting introduction for people thinking about KF2 but it's already such a cheap game, especially on sale, that I'm not sure if it would make much of a different when it comes to population. Guess it's worth a shot?
  3. UltraJake

1049 WIP Beta Changelog

Oh hey guys, what's going on in this thread?
  4. UltraJake

TWI made survivalist as there aren't REALLY any other perks they can do, right?

Considering the 10th Perk was deemed too similar to Berserker and ended up being merged, I don't know why people are upset about this new 10th Perk. There was really only ever 9 Perks when you keep this in mind so the Survivalist is a new thing. We're not getting less, this is the 11th Perk...
  5. UltraJake

WWAUT - Live Stream This Week

What? Why?
  6. UltraJake

The sharps

Being able to 1-shot a Scrake at level 15 is indicative of them not making everything a bulletsponge on higher difficulties, which is what you're saying people wanted. The difficulty is partially supposed to be in being able to actually get your shots off. So from Tripwire's perspective the...
  7. UltraJake

KF 1032 Update

I guess it makes sense that shotgun pellets are still a bit slow. You've got a number of them per shot so that helps even things out, and really it was everything but shotguns that had trouble in ZED Time. I do remember them being slow in KF1 like you said and I thought that was fine (and even...
  8. UltraJake

Sharpshooter skills revealed

We don't know. These aren't officially announced perks, just what were found in the files of an unreleased perk. So if some were copy & pasted for testing purposes or to serve as a base that would make sense.
  9. UltraJake

Killing Floor 2 on PS4 is apparently a Timed Exclusive.

Must have missed that rumor. Interesting.
  10. UltraJake

4-15 Live Update Changes

The problem is that there is no consequence when Player-Controlled ZEDs die, not that they have a lot of health. Maybe they also have a lot of health, I can't say for sure, but simply tweaking that isn't going to solve anything. Instant respawns result in 3 or 4 player ZEDs respawning at...
  11. UltraJake

Next two maps ?

The ones listed here? http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=116956
  12. UltraJake

I do not like the LAR.

What a coincidence, sci-fi guns make me want to hurl. Killing Floor already had a wide variety of weapons but a majority were modern and a minority were old (or sci-fi, in the case of the DLC weapons). A similar design philosophy is being followed for KF2 (what with it being a sequel) except the...
  13. UltraJake

WWAUT - VS Survival

The thing is, the biggest argument for realism is that KF1 was a bit more grounded in reality than KF2 is in comparison, so some people want to keep it that way. And I agree. Except in this case even KF1 had quick weapon switching. From a gameplay point-of-view it's a very good thing. The skills...
  14. UltraJake

WWAUT - VS Survival

A versus mode? Whoa, that's out of left field. Interesting. Really gives those people that used to think KF1 was like Left 4 Dead some ammo, but since Valve hasn't given us a new one yet I don't see an issue with it. :cool: My only concern is that the mode will get too popular and "Classic" will...
  15. UltraJake

Elaborate on your poll-thoughts beyond the Likert scale

A lack of weaknesses is what causes stuff like having to spawn a bunch of Fleshpounds simultaneously (i.e. bullet sponges and zergs) to give players difficulty, and it's also what has made team class composition not something people give as much thought to as they did in KF1. People just play...
  16. UltraJake

WWAUT - Heading Into 2016 With Tripwire

To be fair, 2 of them are clones of existing ones due to player request, and two of them are promotional characters where a female wasn't even an option for selection. They're coming, but just not quite yet.
  17. UltraJake

KF2 zeds move like the have swallowed a long pole.

What a coincidence! I found the guy that mocap'd the crawlers!
  18. UltraJake

Homogenization of perks and lack of hard counters

My assumption is that most of the issues are a result of missing perks. The zed's behavior is for the most part set in stone, but the missing perks have forced TWI to balance the current ones in such a way that the game is still playable while we wait. They're planning more significant balance...
  19. UltraJake

Anyone pre-order a Oculus Rift?

I don't know, I think you guys should wait and see what HTC/Valve have up their sleeves with the Vive. They plan to spill some more info in the next few days, right?
  20. UltraJake

when??

Christmas was 2 weeks ago. It's not like it's still January 1st, you know? What?