• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. V

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Hey all! Long time since I played RO now but finally had the presence of mind to get RO2. Had to make a new account on this forum since the old one got deleted (I think) and I'm struggling with not being able to post instantly. :P Anyway, I'm 36 years old and have had a keen interest in WW2...
  2. V

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

Our training MG-3s from the 60ies aren't that different from the MG42, sorry to say. Basically the same weapon with slightly different caliber. Extremely effective when hip fired. Very controllable.
  3. V

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

Again, as a RL MG3-er (1150 rpm, ca. 11,5 kg of gun) I can attest to its effectiveness and usefulness. We trained extensively with the weapon and used it from the shoulder, from the hip and of course prone or with tripod/attached to vehichle. Hip fire from 50 meters is accurate enough to hit a...
  4. V

Why is MG42 not available to hero Allies

The one I used did 1150 rpm and weighed almost the same as the MG42 at around 11,5 kg. The MG3 is not significantly lighter than the MG42 and it's quite luggable. I don't know where you get your info but it's incorrect.
  5. V

Why is MG42 not available to hero Allies

Agree with the deployment, I missed that a lot in RO2. As an ex-MGer in the Norwegian Army I can attest to it (the MG 3) being quite unwieldy in CQB. The amount of MGers running around with it in narrow corridors in RO2 is ridiculous, Apartments for instance. It is, however, quite easy to...
  6. V

So whats the next ideea for a red orchestra update?

It seems like YOU never saw or fired that gun in real life. I have fired tens of thousands of rounds with the MG3 (more or less the same weapon) and after the initial 3 months of recruit school I used it standing, walking, crouching and even fired it from the shoulder like you would a rifle. Hip...