• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. A

Hardcore Ruleset Mutator

Nice, which servers use the mod?
  2. A

Does RS2 have a future? Is there a roadmap on the way?

Addition of the M113 and tanks like the M48, PT-76, Type59 and Centurion would be a velcome addition to the game, and more fixed heavy weapons such as recoilless rifles or mortars as well. Also artillery/mortar smoke to help maneurvre in front of the enemy is seriously needed on some maps.
  3. A

Who is active on these forums? I would like to know you.

I check in from time to time and write the occasional post when I have comments/replies.
  4. A

Joystick support?

Don't go to their website or download the Pinnacle Game Profiler. I did so today and got malware from either visiting the website or installing the Pinnacle Game Profiler. Had to spend an hour purging the malware which infected my Firefox browser.
  5. A

Aim zoom is killing the game for me

The discussion whether aim zoom or non aim zoom functionality is the more realistic mode is rather moot now since aim zoom won, alas. The result of that has been less interesting gameplay due to far more unrealistic firefights due to the wildly increased hit probability it introduces compared to...
  6. A

Aim zoom is killing the game for me

Hello, I am an old Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45 player that loved that game due to its realistic gameplay with long and bitter firefights that required good team coordination and fire and maneuvre and that provided for challenging battles that rewarded thinking and teamplay over fast player...
  7. A

Era/historically incorrent rendering of M102 105mm Howitzer

Sorry for being a rivetcounter but the rendering of the m102 105mm Howitzer includes a feature that was added post Vietnam War; what I am specifically talking about is the protusion in front of the recoil mechanism above the barrel, as seen in this in game picture from your website media...
  8. A

Axis Mod

Horst Wessel is mentioned in the lyrics so that is probably a no go. My favorite Lied.
  9. A

What We Are Up To - Barashka

Take EA's Syndicate, no support from EA what so ever and the company (Starbreeze) that was hired by EA to develop the game never made any add-ons or patches and players with game issues that was directed from EA Support to Starbreeze was redirected by Starbreeze back to EA Support as Starbreeze...
  10. A

Zoom

There is a pretty straightforward way of doing that where an area in the center of the screen is either constantly magnified or if toggleable if the player so desire and that method have been used in games more than 10 years ago where it worked quite well. Mechwarrior 3 for example...
  11. A

Zoom

Not the same picture, please use the one I used.
  12. A

Zoom

What I want to show with my post is that the in game soldier avatar is too short. From the ingame picture we see that the soldier standing with slightly bended knees barely is abel to look over the gun on its tripod while the picture with a real life soldier kneeling over the gun on the tripod...
  13. A

Zoom

Then please enlighten us with the true size of the soldier. Note the size of the soldier and the MG34 mounted on the Lafette 34: http://www.bergflak.com/images/DSC07846.JPG then compare with the ingame picture...
  14. A

Zoom

Not true, the picture we get in RO2 is not what the human eye would see in real life as only a small area in the center of the field of view provides a sharp and clear image while the rest is unfocused - the picture we have in RO2 and all FPS is a fully focused and clear image over the entire...
  15. A

Zoom

Thank you for insulting my intelligence...
  16. A

Zoom

So you disagree that RO2 provides the player with better situational awareness than RO:OST? I myself enjoy far more situational awareness in RO2 than I ever did in RO:OST and for me that takes away some of the gaming experience. Meassure the gun's lenght and the body of the soldier, they are...
  17. A

Zoom

Thx.
  18. A

Zoom

That doesn't apply in the field under combat conditions where soldieres are doing their best not being seen by using camouflage and terrain. Due to the games fast turn rate the relative small FOV doesn't matter as the player can scan the entire 360 degrees in a second or two negating any...
  19. A

Zoom

RO:OST is the more realistic of the two for one huge reason: Due to the no-zoom the individual soldier avatar has a very hard time getting a clear overview of what is going on on the battlefield which adds the 'fog of war' that makes each map played chaotic and more unpredicable than what RO2...