• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. K

In the event of Zombie attack.....

This. Plus if they're slow zombies then range is less important, so I'd want both the gun and ammo to be light and compact so I could run away better. ;) Besides, you can fire 1-2 round bursts with practice.
  2. K

Trying to find US MG42 training film

Trying to find a link to that film about the psychological effects of the MG42. It has a US soldier come under fire from a machine gun nest, and a narrator provides comments like, "wow that gun is shooting fast, it must be dangerous! But remember, that just means it will be out of ammo...
  3. K

Guest Pass distribution

All gone!
  4. K

Guest Pass distribution

Still have one left, as it turns out none of my friends like fun games. PM me or post your email if you want it.
  5. K

Тank from the river

People do just that in fact. They also do that in western Europe, but IIRC Africa is best due to the dry climate.
  6. K

Picking up items

Assign a key dedicated to dropping your current weapon. IIRC, there are separate keys, one for dropping/picking up, and one just for dropping your weapon. That way you can look the other way to drop your current weapon, so you don't pick it back up when you're trying to pick up ammo. Only...
  7. K

is that all you want? military and super sci-fi fps?

I would love that game so hard. Unfortunately games tend to mimic movies and tv series, and a realistic game would be an even smaller niche within that. Look at how huge WW2 has been in movies and games, and how few really quality realism based games we've gotten out of it.
  8. K

Soft Body Armor

But body armor alone, by itself, is purely protective. I take offense to the idea that something designed to protect can be banned (as it supposedely is in Philadelphia), because it makes it harder for a cop to kill you if you break the law. It would be like if you could only have a car that...
  9. K

Soft Body Armor

Yes. Anything that prohibits an LAPD cop from instantly killing you if he deems it necessary should be banned. My dad actually bought some cheap body armor to wear because his pharmacy was constantly being robbed, and there was another pharmacy in the city had seen an employee walked into...
  10. K

Soft Body Armor

If that's true, that's rather sad, considering body armor's defensive nature and the fact that philly is probably the most likely place on the east coast for someone to be randomly shot. And I think that in reality the mozambique drill is outside the abilities of the normal Philly cop.
  11. K

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

Wow, and I'd heard it was a demanding game. :confused: Maybe that's only if you want to run at the highest settings.
  12. K

Lets Play Dwarf Fortress:Oh God Elephants!

I think Onion is getting too good at the game now. Our dwarf fortress actually survives until it exceeds the number of forumers. :eek:
  13. K

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

Is there any chance I could run this game with my pc? AMD 3200+ 1 gig ram Radeon 9800 128 mb That's slightly above the minimum specs, but I don't want to buy it and have it run at 20 fps with everything on lowest.
  14. K

Mg42, standing, unsupported.

It's one of those things that's done in reality but is somehow too unrealistic to make it into a game. It's the mindset of the "make everything as hard or as limiting as possible, and it'll be more REALISTIC!" crowd.
  15. K

That description of me is uncanny. Because I needs alcohol to get through the working day. :p
  16. K

Hey Meat sim, I do the carpentry 'round these parts. :mad:
  17. K

STUPIDEST TK's YOU have Done ?

I had one embarassing enough that I felt the need to dig this up and post it. On one of TWB 50 man servers I was playing mg on the Russian side, Konigsplatz. We were taking forever to capture the siegassaule (there's a lot of nades going into a very small cap zone with 50 people), so I was...
  18. K

Photorealism: Yay or Nay?

But... don't you open the game by inexplicably murdering some poor guy in the bathroom of some New York diner?
  19. K

Rpg-1?!?

Thank God someone else understands that 'RPG' doesn't actually mean Rocked Propelled Grenade. That piece of bs has been repeated so much in the US that nearly everyone accepts it as fact.
  20. K

Your best score.

200 something. Baksan and Danzig are probably the best for that kind of thing. I don't normally pay that much attention to it, but I think I would have remembered breaking 300.