• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. eckojay

PC Specific character lines only triggering in offline mode

Category: Sound / Audio Reproducibility: Always Summary: The KZED_Massacre_Base dialogue trigger only appears to work in offline mode but not in multiplayer / when playing with others. Description: The KZED_Massacre_Base sound file will only trigger when playing offline. This file never...
  2. eckojay

PC M32 does not use correct shell bounce audio

Category: Sound / Audio Reproducibility: Always, Summary: M32 uses 9mm shell sounds instead of M32 shell sounds Description: This can be reproduced by reloading the M32 when it is empty and the character drops out the empty shells. Since it was introduced it uses what sound like 9mm shell...
  3. eckojay

Remove that E.D.A.R. as enemy... / Rework Boss Monster Abom & KFP

Honestly gameplay wise I think they're fine. They just need a visual re-design to make them look like actual zeds and not straight up robots. Lore wise you could just say the regular D.A.R.s fell into the cloning vats and got mixed up resulting in some flesh / metal hybrid monster.
  4. eckojay

PC KF2 consistantly causing PC to blue screen

It was already set to auto-select. I tried re-enabling Flex and forcing it to use my GPU and I got a bugsplat error mid-game. I appreciate you keeping up with this thread and offering your support. It's a breath of fresh air to see someone from TW who cares about the communities concerns
  5. eckojay

Do you mean Flex is trying to process on my CPU instead of my GPU? Maybe that might be what is causing the blue screen. Maybe there is a way I can force it to process through my GPU using the Nvidia control panel
  6. eckojay

Well turning off flex seems to have resolved the issue. Not sure why it's causing issues on my GPU as my old 2GB GPU ran it without any issues. I'd hate to think I'd need to turn off one of my favourite features.
  7. eckojay

Definitely not running EVGA. It's an ASUS ROG STRIX 1070 As far as I know the temperatures are fine. Alt-tabbing out of killing floor 2 and checking the temps shows that they never exceed 50 degrees. Again, the reason I feel this may be an issue associated with KF2 is because it's the only...
  8. eckojay

CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB RAM Haven't overclocked my CPU or GPU
  9. eckojay

Hey, I'm running KF2 on Windows 10 and it seems that each match I play my PC will get the blue screen of death before I can finish a match. Prior to this the game runs fine with no visible issues. Each time the blue screen gives me the error "DPC_Watchdog_violation". While I understand this is...
  10. eckojay

Empty Shell Casings

Are you me? This is pretty much the exact other thing I wanted to add to this game myself or have tripwire add. Weird. Best of luck with both of these. I'd love to know if you manage to get any of it working. Might re-visit the code myself to see what I can do
  11. eckojay

Empty Shell Casings

I've done a fair bit of digging myself for this. I haven't been lucky enough to find the code that disables this feature. The odd thing is that spent magazines seem to persist after weapon switch while shells do not. I would recommend looking in the /src folder in the killing floor 2 directory...
  12. eckojay

PC Eviscerator innacuracy and strange projectile behaviour

Any official word from the devs on this? It makes crossbow and eviscerator completely unusable on most servers. I'd like to have even an acknowledgement of the issue.
  13. eckojay

WWAUT - The Road To Nov 18th

I'm not too keen on the idea of the survivalist perk. The name struck me as something interesting like a trapper or a guy who scavenges zed weapons. But in the end the idea for this perk sounds more like a bland, balancing nightmare. If we've spent well over a year trying to balanced the...
  14. eckojay

PC Eviscerator innacuracy and strange projectile behaviour

Category: Code Reproducibility: Sometimes Summary: Eviscerator projectiles experiencing erratic behavior such as going in wrong directions and bumping into invisible walls Description: This set of bugs consists of three distinct behaviours found in the eviscerators blade projectiles. 1)...
  15. eckojay

Thoughts on the direction of the game

Aside from some of the suggestions I offered in my post I know there are quite a few other the community have been quite interested in. Things like the fleshpound audio rework have been highly sought after, making him sound more mechanical and robotic rather than just grunting and roaring...
  16. eckojay

Thoughts on the direction of the game

In recent times I've been pretty concerned about some of the design decisions for the game. I know this is something you've heard time and time again. Resistances, PvP, Knockback, things of that nature. As isolated features you can say why each on their own may not be good for the game. But I...
  17. eckojay

Firebug Perk refinement

Please just remove shrapnel altogether. It doesn't fit firebug. I never like the idea of blowing up huge hordes just for lighting a few guys about fire. I honestly believe a chain combustion would fit much better with demo. Napalm is a cool idea in theory (Does it actually work in game? It's...
  18. eckojay

TWI, give the community what they want.

I get that this system was probably difficult to implement but I can't feel the least bit sorry for you that you now have to revert all that hard work. This system was thrown in our faces with the bullseye update without even so much as hint of what it will be like or that it would even exist...
  19. eckojay

...that I think many of the hardcore community will enjoy...

The "hardcore community" barely even exists at this point. More or less everyone I know who plays the game regularly completely hates the new systems.
  20. eckojay

What's going on with your community Tripwire?

If you read any of the many reviews on steam it's very simple to see what issues people have with this game. The highest rated reviews (mostly negative) are explanatory of almost every issue present with the game. They say exactly why they are bad and what problems they cause for the game...