• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. CrashFu

Why is the concept of "Teamwork" so hard to grasp?

This goes beyond just not using the syringe on teammates before yourself, (although that is one specific issue that needs addressing) Most Killing Floor 2 players just don't seem to understand the concept of a "co-op" game altogether. Often, there'll be some medic or berserker who only follows...
  2. CrashFu

Your Gameboard Setup?

I know I'm not the only player using a Gameboard of some persuasion, so why not share our configurations? It might help give each other some ideas... or help influence an official profile, who knows? ;) (also it's just fun to show off) Oh, and if you use some other kind of peripheral...
  3. CrashFu

Hans Volter feedback, build 1009

Hans seems to have seen a lot of balancing for this build! In particular, I noticed that he's MUCH better balanced to the lower difficulties. Previously, a team that gets through every wave on Normal effortlessly would still struggle to defeat Hans and fail more often than not. Not so any...
  4. CrashFu

PC Cannot launch game in build 1009, Radeon HD 4800

Launching error; always occurs (can't run game at all) When attempting to launch game, get pre-startup game logo, then screen cuts to black, plays the "charging up" sound effect for maybe a second, and then immediately crashes to desktop, prompting the BugSplat window to come up twice along...
  5. CrashFu

PSA: Before you complain that X is worthless...

This has been a persistent problem, both here in the official forums and in the steam discussions, where unskilled players will compensate for their deficiencies by whining that everything they don't understand is "worthless". No matter how many times more knowledgeable players attempt to...
  6. CrashFu

Can't get KF2 SDK to run in Windows 10?

I was able to run the SDK just fine before upgrading from Windows 7, but now when I try to launch the tools it first gets hung up on "Compiling shaders for material MobileMasterMaterial" for a long time, then eventually gives me an error and attempts to bring up the program itself... which...
  7. CrashFu

Level Design Interactive and Dynamic Map Elements?

I think I'm interested in attempting a map one of these days; I've made something in the Hammer editor for TF2 once before, but never worked in UE .. are they fairly similar? Before I decide for certain what I'd like to go for, I really must know what kind of elements are possible in a KF2...
  8. CrashFu

Steam's New Refund Policy

For those of you who didn't catch the announcement (or just didn't read it) Valve will now be giving out refunds for any reason within 14 days of purchasing a game as long as you have less than two hours of playtime They've even specifically stated that they DON'T consider it an abuse of the...
  9. CrashFu

Support for Keyboard LCDs?

File this under: Suggestions that are in no way needed but would be pretty cool. One of my friends has gotten some good use out of a keyboard with an LCD screen, and now I'm thinking of getting one myself. Also hey, who knows, maybe Valve will make a Steam Controller 2.0 some day and bring...
  10. CrashFu

Is it okay if I print myself a KF2 shirt?

So I just acquired myself a new inkjet printer, a clothes iron, ironing board, and I'm working on finding transfer paper at a good price, and I'm wondering how Tripwire would feel if I printed some of their official game art on a shirt, since what I'm looking for is not offered as official...
  11. CrashFu

How loud do YOU keep the music?

Just a fun little poll to see what peoples' preferences are. :o
  12. CrashFu

Katana draw-strike, bugged?

I was playing around with using the Katana alongside a Hunting Shotgun today; I figured since the drawback of the hunting shotgun is having to reload after every (other) shot, and the benefit of the katana is being able to attack AS you swap to it, these would make a lovely combo.. Lead with the...
  13. CrashFu

Tactics Splitting into Two Groups?

Has anyone tried (intentionally) splitting a full team into different groups and holding down separate areas of the map? I know it's instinctual to try and keep EVERYONE together but after some accidental splits (someone taking too long at the trader, one or two people stay behind to wait for...
  14. CrashFu

Tactics PLEASE Target the Sirens FIRST

I feel like this should be a common sense thing for anyone who has played KF1 before, and yet I am constantly finding my teammates so worried about a Scrake or Fleshpound that they don't even acknowledge the Siren in the room. And yeah, I get it. The scrake and FP are both really scary dudes...
  15. CrashFu

Tactics Melee swing direction

I wonder if the newer players realize that it actually makes a difference which direction they aim their melee swings, like a real, functional difference, and not just an aesthetic flavor? Swinging to the side allows you to strike multiple zeds simultaneously, and (with larger weapons...
  16. CrashFu

Anonymous Poll on Player Gender

I'm hoping that through some miracle this thread can be carried on without becoming too politically charged or people coming out of the woodwork with blatantly misogynistic statements or whatever. If it does get out of control, I'm okay with the admins locking it up as fast as possible...
  17. CrashFu

Questions about Custom Perk Mods

Don't consider this a statement of intent just yet, I'm just curious about what is theoretically possible with mods.. Namely, mods for adding additional, custom perks to the game. 1) Could a perk be made to inherently require (and include in the mod) a specific character model? Say for...
  18. CrashFu

The most advanced Horzine technology...

Is clearly those spring-loaded chairs they leave everywhere. Jeez, you just bump into those things and they go flying across the room. :D
  19. CrashFu

Thoughts on the Eviscerator:

First of all, I'd just like to get this in the open: Should we assume that there will NOT be a traditional chainsaw for the berzerker, since the Eviscerator combined all of the functionality of the KF1 chainsaw AND the sawblade launcher? Feedback for what we have now: I find it a really...
  20. CrashFu

Idea: Competitive Mode, "Break the Bank"

Working title, maybe I'll think of something catchier eventually. :rolleyes: So in the past I brainstormed some ideas for a competitive game mode (in a general thread about PvP) but I figure the idea deserves its own thread here. My take on a PvP is as follows: You can not DIRECTLY damage or...