• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. U

Ten years ago today...

...the US led invasion of Iraq began. I have a few friends who served in that war. Thankfully they returned home safe. Although some have mental scars that may never heal. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- In his memoir, "Decision Points," Bush wrote...
  2. U

Russian documenteries of Weapons of the Great Patriotic War!

Some of you may have already seen these videos, but I thought I'd share them for those who haven't. They are short Russian documentaries on the weapons of the Great Patriotic War. They don't just glorify the weapons either. They speak of the short comings as well as the positives. This one is...
  3. U

Soviet M91/30 Stocks sets for $20

Aimsurplus.com is selling M91/30 stock sets with complete hardware for $20.00 each! Buy 3+ and they drop to $16.65 each. I ordered three and will use two to restore Bubba specials that only need stocks. Better move fast. They are down 450 of them. They had 2000 last Thursday...
  4. U

Japanese translator for Bring back Katana? (Large picture)

Hello all! This is a picture of the tang on my friends WWII bring back Katana. Does anyone know where I could get a translation of the script? It's a large pic, but I wanted it to be clear.
  5. U

Laptop GPU (pic)

I am fixing my friends ancient laptop (around 1999) and decided to check it out with GPUZ. I don't know if they set it up like this or if it's just a bug, but I had to share this.
  6. U

Question for over-clockers

I've been building computers for a while now but I've never done any serious over-clocking. I really don't know much about it so I'm going to just ask. Does everything here look safe to you? I haven't tried to go higher and probably won't. Everything is stable and other than running faster...
  7. U

Corrupted usb driver?

I'm having some trouble with my USB 2.0 drivers and need some help. I reinstalled Windows and when I went to install my chipset drivers (Intel 945gc) My system froze during the usb 27cc driver install. Now if I activate the usb 2.0 my system jumps to 50% cpu utilization (dual core so it's...
  8. U

Need Help, games locking up.

This is the only gaming site I go to so I hope you guys don't mind helping me try to figure this out. My friend recently put together a computer from mostly spare parts. It's having problems playing games. Here is what it's got: 500W PSU Asus Socket 939 Motherboard (latest BIOS already...
  9. U

[Game] "Your Steam ticket has expired" ? Help

I reformatted my hard drive, and reinstalled XP. I downloaded Steam and began downloading my games. Every five minutes or so it pops up a message: "Your Steam ticket has expired. Please re-enter your password" What the heck is going on? It keeps interrupting my installs and I have to start...
  10. U

9600 GT or Hd 3870?

My brother is building a computer using spare parts. The only thing he really needs is a graphics card. These two cards are within his price range right now and he asked me which one he should buy. So I'm asking you. Which one should he buy? A 3870 or a 9600GT.
  11. U

8800GT problems...HELP!

I bought an XFX 8800GT 512MB video card, and it turns out my board is incompatible with this card. I've heard that the 8800GT's bios can be flashed to PCI-e 1.0 spec but I can't find anything on how to do this. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. My board is an ASUS A8V-XE
  12. U

X-fi Xtreme Music $79.99

I don't normally do this, (I feel like I'm advertising for someone) but I thought I'd let you guys know about it. In case someone is looking for an X-fi sound card. The cheapest I could find an X-fi Xtreme gamer was $80.99 at Newegg. So I checked Dell, of all places, and they still have X-fi...
  13. U

Will a Celeron D heatsink be good for a P4?

A friend of mine gave me a 3Ghz Prescott. All he had was the processor. I'm going to stick it in my dad's computer. I was wondering if the stock heat sink for a 2.4 celeron d (also Prescott based) will keep the processor cool enough.
  14. U

Anybody seen the new prices on DDR2?

I just bought 2 more GB for my pc. It was $39 shipped!
  15. U

7600GT or BFG 7800GS oc?

I have an old Dell 8300 that I've had for about three years now. It has a Pentium 4 3.4 Northwood, 2GBs of ram, and a 7600GT AGP. A friend of mine recently gave me his BFG 7800GS OC because he bought a new computer and doesn't need the card anymore. Which is a better card? Should I leave the GT...
  16. U

Guess who's at the Sydney Opera House!

Now on Google Earth!:p
  17. U

K98k in Oblivion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWu4tigyIGI&feature=related If only you could shoot it.
  18. U

Download "Why We Fight" free

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=why%20we%20fight%20AND%20mediatype%3Amovies%20AND%20collection%3Amoviesandfilms Yeah, it's old, and it's propaganda, but it is vintage WWII and can be downloaded for free from small formats to mpeg2.
  19. U

Wish this was in my basement!

Recently found in a cellar in Berlin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDkYu8p0pW8&NR=1 Of course I'd have turn it in since it can't be registered. :mad:
  20. U

Modern PPSh

Here's something new for ya'. I saw this on another forum yesterday. I'll let the picture speak for itself.