• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. C

Me262 Flight

Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe modeled the 262 with the rockets installed. Once (and ONLY once) I managed a really good rocket attack on a B-17 formation. Came up from behind, timed my launch perfectly, applied exactly the right amount of rudder at exactly the right time - and 10 out of 12...
  2. C

Changing the MP41, PPSch41

To address an earlier post, both the Germans and the Russians deployed squads that were entirely SMG armed.
  3. C

Me262 Flight

It didn't take much pounding from a 262's 30mm cannon to take a B-17 out of the sky. Sure, the Fort was built tough, but that kind of punishment is more than even it could handle. When a 262 made a pass the pilot aimed at areas of the B-17 where it would do the most damage - wing root, inboard...
  4. C

German K31!

Dunno why they wanted it in 8x57JS anyway. 7.5x55 Swiss is a WAY better round.
  5. C

Bmw R75

First, it needs to visit this page for a look at the real deal.
  6. C

n/a

Keep in mind that the cartoons you're talking about were never intended for children to watch. These are cartoons that were shown before the main feature or between features at movie houses. Basically intended for adult audiences, not for kids.
  7. C

Server ******

Remember, a permaban by IP subnet mask is always an option.
  8. C

Old games thread

I actually prefer many of the older games because they actually have content and depth. Too many games today are short and shallow and try to hide it behind fancy graphics. I'd rather play a game with lesser graphics and more content. Take CoD for example, nice graphically but it took me all of...
  9. C

Axis Tanks = Owned?

Comparitive penetration abilities of the Tiger's 88mm and Panther's 75mm main guns (data from Achtung! Panzer! website): 88mm KwK 36 L/56 Penetration of Armor Plate at 30 degrees from Vertical: (Ranges 100m, 500m, 1000m, 1500m, 2000m) Panzergranate 39 - 120mm 110mm 100mm 91mm 84mm...
  10. C

Axis Tanks = Owned?

In English the term is "hull down", keeping the hull out of the line of fire by using terrain features. The idea is to give the enemy the smallest possible target to engage (in this case the turret), and deny him the ability to hit your weakest armor. It takes practice and the right terrain...
  11. C

Axis Tanks = Owned?

Thin-skinned vehicles such as the BA-64 and the SdKfz.251 (German halftrack) usually did survive hits from large caliber AP rounds. The armor would be penetrated, the round would pass through the interior, then punch right back out the other side and continue downrange. Normally the armor on...
  12. C

Games that should have (more) sequels

Steel Panthers. My favorite game of all time.
  13. C

spawn killing

I've been in exactly the same situation, spawning Russian while the German Tiger and MG gunners are parked on the monument raking the hilltop with fire. While I'm standing in spawn, looking at my map and planning the best route to avoid the enemy fire, my teammates are usually spawning, rushing...
  14. C

What car do you drive?

Now, if I could have the car I WANT to have, it would be THIS one...
  15. C

Axis / Team stacking The Thread Reborn

The only way to stop team stacking is to remove the option to choose sides and weapons. When you join, you're forced onto one side or the other. Only then can you choose a class to play. What's that you say, you don't like playing Russian/German/Nether Furtheronian/Whatevertheheckian? Tough...
  16. C

Ww1 Mg

The Thompson isn't accurate at range because the bullet "runs out of powder" or some such crap, as well. Obviously whoever created that abomination of a show hasn't the least grasp of basic ballistics, or of how the guns they're talking about work. Shoddy, shoddy research - IF any was actually...
  17. C

Iron Sights Zoom (Merged)

I honestly don't see the problem using the iron sights as they are. They appear plenty big to me, and I wear bifocals.
  18. C

What car do you drive?

To get to my last job on public transportation would have required me to leave the house about 5am to catch the 5:30 bus, make 3 line transfers to get dowtown, then catch a bus that basically came right back past my house on the way to where I worked. Work started at 9am, the bus arrived at...
  19. C

Ww1 Mg

I loved the bit about "long bursts will cause the barrel to warp" when he's shooting a water-jacketed Vickers. People really should research the weapons they're using, since the whole idea of the water jacket is to allow sustained fire without the barrel overheating. I have to wonder if the...
  20. C

Guess The Gun Thread

Yep, Vis 35, aka "Radom" (for the town in Poland where they were made). The one pictured is unusual in that it also has a phosphate finish rather than the usual blue. Grobut's turn!