• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Scum82

Choppers - gimmick or factor ?

With the Cobra and Little Bird I've seen about 3 or 4 games total out of all the betas where people used them correctly and I guess, like RS1's Banzai, people will just have to eventually figure them out. The best times I've seen them used was on Hill, and in that the pilots were talking to...
  2. Scum82

smoke grenades - explanation?

I'm not American. Seriously though I do wonder this also. As a NVA or VC SL I tend to have to tap through the binoculars and pick to get to smoke if I'm a scout which is somewhat inconvenient. Hitting 3 only has the tripwire trap and that is not exactly something I really need to swap to...
  3. Scum82

Live Stream Panel at Pax East - This Friday at 12 PM (-5 GMT)

Since the stream was a disaster on a technical level, will there be anything taken from the stream put online? Not fussed if its a writeup or whatnot.
  4. Scum82

More maps on release?

Not sure how An Lau would work (not played the prior betas) but Song Be would be odd in TE I think. If anything it would have to be a tug of war like Fallen Fighters or something along those lines, and then I can imagine a LOT of back and forth at one or two caps going nowhere. I would like to...
  5. Scum82

Tunnel systems

This is incoherent. Never type stuff up while tired. Will fix this rubbish tomorrow.
  6. Scum82

Tunnel systems

This is not about VC spawn tunnels but rather the tunnels around the map for running about in. At the moment I have noted that people are a little touch-and-go on these tunnels. A number of people don't seem to like them, but part of that may be people's unwillingness to adapt / their...
  7. Scum82

Ironsights - Option to Toggle

I don't have the beta admittedly, but if its like RO2 it will be under Gameplay settings and not keybindings.
  8. Scum82

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

Not sure if anyone reads this thread still, but: http://steamcommunity.com/app/440090/discussions/0/152390014794695410/ Feedback from anyone who plays the beta is needed.
  9. Scum82

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Customization Trailer

I thought a beta symbolised a beginning, not The End. Of all the things in game I'm glad are tied to unlocks its aesthetic, mainly to make sure that rather natty Kilgore cavalry hat is kept rare.
  10. Scum82

Spawning on Squad Leader

Bots don't spawn on players, only in spawn areas. If you play as SL on a map with only bots nobody will ever spawn on you. FF spawns bots and players in random locations around the map, though they do tend to favour locations with other players in I noticed. Its not so much snipers as much as...
  11. Scum82

Rain and weather

I want it RIGHT NOW! For 20p! Seriously if it is too much of a mess coding wise then I'm sure most can live with (and prob not notice it is) static mesh rain. Just hoped some of the "I am an idiot and do not know SDK!" monkeys like me could get an easy ride ;)
  12. Scum82

Rain and weather

I was thinking something more along the lines of the later two S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games where when the rain falls the world gets wet where the rain lands, surfaces get increasingly damp looking and, as it gets wetter, the raindrops become more prominent. Granted that was the Xray engine and the rain...
  13. Scum82

Rain and weather

While I don't imagine there were LOTS of battles in bad weather, rain is an element you tend to notice in a lot of 'nam movies in the wet, steamy jungles. While RO2 had a lot of snowy maps it did not have that many rainy ones. Considering the bog standard rain emitter in RO2 seems to kill...
  14. Scum82

Too few helmets?

My main wonder regarding helmets: Can they be shot off or are they glued to the character's heads like in RO2?
  15. Scum82

Beta Map TE-Kuporosnoye

Minor complaint but a few of the smoke emitters in the background flicker in and out of existence. This is the only map where I've seen that happen.
  16. Scum82

Do you block ads?

Said everyone.
  17. Scum82

KF Killing Floor VR

Ah, sorry. Too many conspiracy theorists annoying me of late with the subject of VR money. Gonna have another guess. Like the Vs mode this was maybe one of the things done in their Jam session for ideas? That or someone working on a pet project in their spare time. Oculus prob came to them...
  18. Scum82

Swat Perk Speculation

A couple of guesses at what the skills would be to decide how you play, less on an informed basis and more what I think would be cool: Can buy a riot shield, has about 50 armour on top of the regular. Absorbs about 10% more damage than the regular armour at base level. Only blocks damage from...
  19. Scum82

KF Killing Floor VR

As in Tripwire or Oculus? I have a gut feeling that a lot of devs are being paid to actually get VR off the ground. The Oculus has been in development for a long time now and I doubt they would be happy if the platform sinks, their own brand or anyone else's. VR is sort of risky for everyone...
  20. Scum82

Are you going to use that wreck of Punk Buster once again?

"Oh, someone is calling in arty. I guess that is..." *map becomes an explosion* That and the 200m melee kills followed by "Kicked from Server. Reason: You have been VAC banned".