• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. larkstongues42

Aggro

Does anyone else find aggro in KF2 to be annoying? Sometimes things won't re-aggro and sometimes they'll re-aggro very easily. I've stood right next to a scrake (body blocking it) for about 5 seconds while shooting it and then it finally re-aggro and sometimes they'll switch for no real...
  2. larkstongues42

Server Your Experience with Memory Leaks?

I was curious about others experience with memory leaks in KF2 servers. Personally, I run 3 KF servers and between the three of them over the course of a week leaked about 6.5GB of RAM (including 2GB of swap). I'm curious if these numbers are common or if I'm seeing something weird here.
  3. larkstongues42

Server Multilpe Servers With One Set of Files

In KF1 you could easily copy over some files from System into new directories and use the nohomedir flag and have multiple servers up and running with one set of files ( Maps Meshes etc etc). Is there a way to functionally to the same thing in KF2? I wanna host some public servers since...
  4. larkstongues42

A Talk About Teamwork

People in these forums just LOVE to throw this word around. There seems to be two main camps: #1 "EVERYONE KILL THE FP." aka everyone spamming to kill some large zed. No one taking care of trash or anything just everyone m1 until it dies. Maybe someone parries. But the key word here is...
  5. larkstongues42

Discussion about AI/Pattern Recognition/Machine Learning in PvE Games

I'm not talking about the standard AI where it's state machines etc, but more of the pattern reconnition and machine learning. if you don't know what these terms mean, here are some wiki pages: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence...
  6. larkstongues42

Best Way to Solo?

I generally has a distaste for solo but I'm going to be doing some solo for some reasons. So what's the best way to do KF solo? I was thinking about I came up with the following ideas. #1 Actual solo mode in KF #2 Playing on a dedicated server #3 Set up a dedicated server on my other...
  7. larkstongues42

Experience in KF1

Since there's lots of strong opinions going around about what KF2 should be, I thought that maybe we could give some background on ourselves. These questions aren't meant for showing off, but so that other people can more easily understand your option and where it comes from. Maybe something...
  8. larkstongues42

Linux Support for KF2?

Are there any plans for Linux support for KF2? I know that RO2 doesn't support Linux (last time I looked), and it uses UE3 as well. Just sort of curious if it will support of any PC OSs other than Windows (I know a couple of other people who play on Mac too so). Is it planned, is is...
  9. larkstongues42

Tactics Scrake Uppercuts

Trying to see what what types of scrake uppercuts there are This is a list of stuff I've done or seen done: Melee flinch (any melee weapons other than the knife) with any shot gun Mini flinch (m14, pistols (as hunting sharp), m32) with hunting Stun (buzzsaw and husk) with any shot gun I...
  10. larkstongues42

Code Webscript to Check Server Status

I wrote a perl script to check the status of my KF servers on my server. I know this isn't really a mod... but this was the best I could think of. `~` server_names is what shows up as the description on the page server_terms is what it searches for to see if the server is up user is the...
  11. larkstongues42

Tactics Non-zerker Kite Loadouts

What are some of your favorite non-zerker kite loadouts? One of my favorites is a supp with a katana, mk23 and CSG/AA12. So much fun. =3 I wanna try a mk23, m32 and pipes loadout as a demo, but I've yet to kite with a team I'd feel safe doing that with. I like the katana, mk23 and SCAR...
  12. larkstongues42

Achievements Not Working

On Linux I have two steam accounts (and KF on both), if it matters. I've noticed I can't level on my server (dedi, other people can though). I CAN level on other servers though and in solo. The only mods I had client side were BD's hunting rifle and grittier zeds texture replacement. Now...
  13. larkstongues42

When did your KF Skills Really Start to Solidify?

After 530ish hours I'm finally starting to feel like I'm finally getting somewhere (at least on oE). I've been working on some methods for taking scrake/FP out (in game and test map), and I'm pretty decent at some of them. Stuff like target prioritization, when to start kiting, switching/using...
  14. larkstongues42

Killing Floor samples in Music?

So I was listening to Japanese Stream Hardcore Vol 2 when I heard. (warning, hardcore EDM) LOLIPO - Hillbilly - YouTube I nearly fell out of my chair. You guys know of any other examples of this?
  15. larkstongues42

Tactics Improving Teamwork

Do you guys have any tips for this? Not going to lie, I'm not the best at teamwork, nor the game, but at least I try... When I see someone going for a scrake/FP I try to clear the trash so they don't take damage or get grabbed and can focus on killing what ever they're trying to kill. But...