• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. larkstongues42

Server Installing KF 2 Server on Linux with WINE

You shouldn't be running any KF servers as root. It's a security risk. If you want the server to start when your computer start, that's the init system's job. You need to look at the documentation for your init system and see how to do it. Chances are you can google it and that'll get you...
  2. larkstongues42

Server Linux server support information

Considering TWI has broken so many of their promises and things they've said, it's a wonder anyone believes anything they say anymore.
  3. larkstongues42

v1038... how to make sharps even worse than before

Glad, my man, sometimes you gotta know when to quit. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. But these people here, don't understand what you're saying because they're ignorant on the matter. No amount of reason can change that, it seems if they haven't experienced it first hand, it isn't true...
  4. larkstongues42

How much GBs of RAM do you need for ultra?

These threads about "computer" "performance" always make me cringe so hard. Also, post count. \m/
  5. larkstongues42

Scrakes > Fleshpounds - Both are no-fun bullet sponges

The whole game is M1 to win as it is now. It's not balanced and it's clearly either in EA or a bad game. Since it is EA hopefully TWI will fix it. A single skilled person should be able to kill a scrake/FP, otherwise it turns into a "team combo" spam fest. I don't play KF2 anymore simply...
  6. larkstongues42

Offensive comments towards children [WARNING]

I think you growing some thicker skin might make life more pleasant for everyone. Sure it was distasteful but in life you're gonna come across a lot if distaste things and people. Just take a deep breath and relax. Someone said something you didn't like and that's ok. If it was a...
  7. larkstongues42

Siren Torturers KF1 After party Event

Why would you leave a good game to go to a bad one and then have a party for it? =c
  8. larkstongues42

Sharpshooter discussion

Wut You can miss like 4 or more shots with the EBR and still not take any damage... LAR is the one that means you're taking a hit if you miss more than 2 shots. Unless you're talking about the xbow, then if you're taking a FP up close then yeah, you might get a love tap. I hardly if ever use...
  9. larkstongues42

Sharpshooter discussion

This. And god, I hate the musket. I tried using it again lately and wanted to kill myself afterwards.
  10. larkstongues42

Sharpshooter discussion

S-s-someone with a brain that uses it1
  11. larkstongues42

Sharpshooter discussion

Why? I thought sharp was about head shots? Stuff like the EBR/LAR take more skill that the xbow and M99 and are more fun. The xbow and especially the m99 are snoozefest and have a low skill floor. What? Maybe the EBR when it was introduced, but now it has a high skill floor, it takes three...
  12. larkstongues42

Sharpshooter discussion

Yeah. The LAR's iron sights are ace and you can easily pick stuff off in the distance with it. Same with the EBR with time behind the sights. Honestly, with the whole dogma of the EBR being hipfire in KF, it makes sense to keep it the samish and include a laser sight and no scope. And the...
  13. larkstongues42

losing interest

I have 2k+ hours and counting in KF but after 50ish hours in KF2 I just don't wanna play it. Maybe updates will fix that, maybe won't though. I'm not gonna review it or really complain until the EA is over. *shrugs*
  14. larkstongues42

Server Bandwith needed

Yeah, I have 8GB in my machine too so I don't think RAM will be an issue if you restart it every so often.
  15. larkstongues42

Server Bandwith needed

I run 3 KF2 and 3 KF servers on a single i3-2130, but that's 2x3.4 with HT. The only thing I have to worry about is the RAM usage blowing up (but that's a server thingie that WINE worsens). Chances are it'll run fine.
  16. larkstongues42

Sharpshooter discussion

No, it's because the ROF. The texture scope doesn't have to do anything to do with it.
  17. larkstongues42

Server Installing KF 2 Server on Linux with WINE

I've had a server eat up 4GB of actual RAM and then some SWAP.... I think TWI needs some more frees in the coding.....
  18. larkstongues42

Sharpshooter discussion

It's OP because the ROF.