• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Rivimies

Server Serverside SWS download not working in all regions

This is related to RS2 Discord (serverops) discussion. NON-WORKING config.vdf =================================================================== "InstallConfigStore" { "Software" { "Valve" { "Steam" { "CurrentCellID"...
  2. Rivimies

Server Looking to rent a server

Which continent?
  3. Rivimies

RO2 How to download the BridgesOfDruzhina lcav?

http://ro2.tripwirecdn.com/
  4. Rivimies

Server Adding a new ranked server

Some weeks ago I received a message from TWI saying that no new RO2 server ips are ranked anymore. Meaning that all current groups and communities must keep their current ips and no new ranked RO2 servers can be started, unless you have an old (ranked) ip to use.
  5. Rivimies

Server Inconsistent latency as playercount increases

Yes, absolutely. RS2 server performance is determined solely by single thread performance. Server is not single-threaded per se, but main thread is the only thing that matters. 3GHz helps a little, but unfortunately it's not enough to run a smooth 64 player server. I would say it will do 48...
  6. Rivimies

Server Recommended place to buy dedicated servers used

I have one server computer for sale. It is the one [rs2.fi] used for running [rs2.fi] Komppania Törni servers, but we have now moved to another computer, not because of the server power but due to ISP changes. i7-4770K clocked to 4.3 (multiplier clocked only, no voltage change, so it is 100%...
  7. Rivimies

Server Member access not working?

Disable "Admins Supersede Normal Members" and member slots work again.
  8. Rivimies

Server Serveur crash: === Critical error: ===

Yes, this crash happens every now and then. Our server [rs2.fi] Komppania Törni is full every evening and this crash happens once in 2 weeks or so. Exactly the same log messages as yours. I hope the devs would investigate the cause, but tbh they might not have a clue why this is happening...
  9. Rivimies

Anyone from the UR MOD around anymore?

Please specify what do you mean with "killed competitive scene". Because competitive RO2 scene is live and kicking. Here are the latest competitions (organized by Divided RO2 Group) Regions League...
  10. Rivimies

Maps and Map Variants (From Us and You!)

I just tested this method with our test server and deleting cache subfolders indeed re-downloaded the map from SWS to server after a map change (to any map). I was not able to test a situation where we previously had an earlier version from SWS, but this total reload of all maps could work. But...
  11. Rivimies

Server Map list rotation depending on players

There is RO2 mutator (DynamicMapRotator) which does that. But it should be ported to RS2 ofc. It looks like the source code may not need huge editing actually. Then it should be white-listed by TWI to not make server unranked. Perhaps some mutator-guy is willing to do it. I have no time for RS2...
  12. Rivimies

VNTE-SuongMu | Feedback and Suggestions

I may be able to help level designers here if needed. I have one older server gathering dust and I could give remote desktop accounts there. It is Windows 2012 R2 with 8+8 cores (2 x Xeon E5530) and 32G of memory. No RAID disks atm, just one SSD. Location in my "network" is such that currently...
  13. Rivimies

Way to edit load out in SDK

In RO2, with mutator you can alter weapon loadout, at least to some extent. However, some classes may end up spawning without any weapons in the inventory :D I did not investigate this much at all, maybe it can be fixed too. But I have no interest spending time on this. But yeah, as mentioned...
  14. Rivimies

Server Server Crash

In that case, the CPU is not optimal for RS2 server. My guess is that it may be some lower frequency Xeon. While good for many things, not that good for RS2 (or RO2) server. Good cpus for RS2 server are cpus like i7-6700, i7-4790 etc, just to name a couple of them.
  15. Rivimies

Server Welcome Screen Image not showing.

My RO2 experience says that this is indeed sometimes the case. Try to make banner filesize smaller, maybe much smaller than your current one. I run several servers, but at least 32-bit png of size 51KB still works (just checked one server).
  16. Rivimies

Server Suddenly high latency in all servers

Very good NIC. Yeah, packets are lost somewhere else then.
  17. Rivimies

It _could_ also be your NIC who is losing packets. After all, with 4 full servers, there is lots of (small) packets being sent out. Your outgoing data is about 12-20 Mbit/s, depending on tickrate. There are some NIC settings that can help. What is your NIC?
  18. Rivimies

Server Server Crash

I host two RS2 servers (i7-4770K @4.3GHz, Windows 2012 R2), both are full 10-14 hours every day since launch. So far, one crash, similar to crash Floyd reported. [141763.23] Log: === Critical error: === Fatal error! Address = 0xe83deffb (filename not found) [in...
  19. Rivimies

30% CPU (all cores combined) load sounds about right, but please also check single cores. Generally speaking one full server (with active players, no idlers) on 4 core machine will mean that one of the cores is at 90-100% and 3 remaining cores at <20%, giving CPU usage of less than 50% but the...
  20. Rivimies

Server Hosting Guides

Usually yes. But it did not work for RS2 on release day. Only Anonymous login worked.