• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. L

Soviet military technology > time.

Them Ruskies sure did make some impressive stuff. This T-34 was found at the bottom of a lake, was found to have oil in the engine still, and after replacing the bearings, they were able to start the engine. They have plans to fully restore the tank and put it in their history museum. Sorry if...
  2. L

Free aim, like in Operation Flashpoint

Your sigs are either deleted, omitted, or missing, General.
  3. L

Another machinegun thread?

If i remember correctly, someone told me in-game a while ago that the machineguns in future versions of RO are going to recieve a big overhaul in terms of making them more deadly, suppresive, and functional. Is this true? Also, it has annoyed me for the longest time that when prone, your...
  4. L

Controlling height while crouched

I think that it'd be pretty easy to make your character auto-level his height when near such obstacles. I also think that, at the moment, your character pops up a little bit when at a moving crouch, and when you stop moving you go down a little bit. I think it'd be really cool to be able to...
  5. L

Ideas that shouldn't be implemented in game

This game should NOT have: 1) Clowns. Clowns are a huge threat and are also completely unhistory-like. 2) Skulks. There aren't any ceilings for them to hide on. 3) Battlefield 1942. Battlefield 1942s would make this game completely unreliable and would increase the loading times considerably...
  6. L

wind and bullets

The server does all the physical calculations for bullet drop and velocity and whatnot. Adding wind would make the number-crunching-per-bullet much more intensive. As it is things are tough enough on my old server here :(
  7. L

Kaukasus annoyances

The stairs down AKA ridges for people who are pro and wish to make an early advance against the germans at Back Route. They're there for a reason. EDIT: Watching russians try to come down them too fast is HILARIOUS.
  8. L

Loading image consistency

So I am connecting to a server playing on Odessa and hey waitaminute, is that a picture of a german machinegunner on RO_StalingradKessel? I vote the images that you see when you are loading a map be images of things inside the map you are loading to. It seems like this would be a no-brainer...
  9. L

Suggestion: Rating threads

I'm in ur threads removing ur stars
  10. L

Friendly Fire At Button

I think you can macro individual voice shouts to specific keys already in this game.
  11. L

Tk Vehicles

I have not seen this to be a very prevalent problem. At least not on respectable servers. :rolleyes: Your experience in this game largely depends on what server you are in, in my opinion.
  12. L

Better Water Effects

The only time i have ever seen water in RO is Arad and Kaukases. Really I don't think it's an issue.
  13. L

Bullets hitting dirt, Or is it bbs hitting dirt?

Bumping a thread that is awesome and needs more attention.
  14. L

Kaukusus spawn camp

Meh, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Bolt-action rifle + smart soldier who hits the dirt upon spawn = problem solved.
  15. L

Free week

Generally what I do at the start of a new round when i'm leaving a server is to go full-auto and kill my whole team then disconnect before anyone retaliates.
  16. L

Climbling over obstacles with just the press of a key.

I love the idea of being able to mantle over stuff as one would do in real life. It would help lots with sandbags and whatnot. However I remember reading somewhere that the dev team specifically does NOT want people being able to climb out of the trenches in Lyes Krovy...
  17. L

Free week

Just try not to get your panties in a twist for one week, you "vets". Personally I think it's greatly entertaining to see nubs back in the game, not knowing how to work a rifle and running blindly over trenches and hills. If you guys are having problems with TKing, go and find a different...
  18. L

punish team killers.

So basically when reflective damage is on I just run in front of friendly machinegun fire, wait for him to explode into giblets, grab his gun, and run off. Reflective damage is a griefer's wet dream. Also: Since when did bullets do a 180 degree turnaround and hit you in the face at the exact...
  19. L

BF2 squad system

That's the thing though, I'm pretty sure they don't want to add anything to the map that moves except your own red arrow. Showing objectives and your general orientation is all it's supposed to be used for. It simulates a grunt in the field using a map and compass, and last i checked troop...
  20. L

This one's for Sasquatch: Nostalgia Pack

In the mod version I remember lots more infantry maps that were way-intense. PS Odessa is poo.