• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

DIPRIP HL2 Mod

Its Twisted Metal meets Mad Max. Didn't hear about this mod until it was released yesterday, so i was skeptical at first. It also crashed the first two times I tried running it, but I kept trying. 3rd time was the charm and it turns out to be a really fun mod. The vehicle models are really...
  2. S

Unreal Tournament 3

Why no thread on the game itself yet? Had a hard time choosing between this and Gears of War, but now I'm glad I made the right choice. This is the first UT game I've bought, so everything is completely new to me. First thing that amazed me was the graphics. I don't know what the hell the...
  3. S

Gears of War PC

I've been anxiously awaiting this game's arrival on the PC, however I'm not sure if my comp can run it decently. I'm not sure if there's going to be a demo released or not, and on a game with such high system specs I need a demo to see if my comp can handle it. Has anybody bought this yet? If so...
  4. S

HL2 Episode 2 (possible spoilers)

This is probably the best Half Life experience I've had so far. Its very different than HL2 and Episode 1, especially with the locales and game environment. The "cinematic" moments really make use of that new "cinematic physics engine" that Valve has been talking about. So far I've seen it put...
  5. S

Tabula Rasa Beta

Now open to all Fileplanet users, so sign up fast. Can anybody that has been in the closed beta tell us how it plays?
  6. S

Fortress Forever

Just got released today, downloading now. Kinda took me by suprise since they said it wouldn't be released till the 17th.
  7. S

The Steam Community

This just got released today, so what are all the new features and how do they work? Anybody wanna set up an RO usergroup?
  8. S

Quake Wars Demo

Downloading now from Fileplanet. I know its just another BF knockoff, but hey, it might be fun. EDIT: OH NOES there's already a thread on this, mods plz lock/delete/merge!
  9. S

Far Cry, Rayman, Prince of Persia, all free on Fileplanet

I know Ralfster made a thread on Ghost Recon being free on fileplanet, but I thought I'd expand to include all the games. I've only downloaded Far Cry for free, and so far the ads are less intrusive than I thought. You only see ads on the main menu, and then every time you load you get a 15...
  10. S

Truly Epic Lulz...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNO6G4ApJQY What's this? Another news story about something on the internet? Seriously, news channels should just leave the internet alone. OMG hackers are bullying my poor Billy, must call the reporters! :eek: Hilarious video though.
  11. S

Me262 Flight

Apparently some company here in the US is restoring Me262's and selling them to collectors. I've always wanted to see a good video of this thing in flight, so heres one I found: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7620890100890480&q=me%2B262
  12. S

Atlanta Braves are 1337!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20070721&content_id=2101488&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb 13375P34K is now invading baseball, look at the scorebox in the middle of the page and you'll see what I mean. :eek: EDIT: Or look right below ;) -----------1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R St Louis0 0...
  13. S

Perfect Dark: Source

They just released it today, go to www.pdark-mod.com and check it out. Let's hope this has less bugs than the Goldeneye Source beta.
  14. S

CS:S Guest Passes

Offer 'em and claim 'em here. First person to PM me gets mine.
  15. S

Strange Crash - Disables Videocard

I've gotten this 4 times now: The first 3 times were on Gorlitz, so I thought it was just isolated to that map. Now, as you can see, it just happened on TractorWorks. It happens at random, all of a sudden my screen will just go black. Then my desktop will come up, in all its 800x600...
  16. S

Dystopia Version 1 Released!

Verson 1 has finally been released. This mod is fantastic, everything new they've added is very cool. The new maps look/play great, the new player models are simply amazing, and the new weapons are fun. I'm really amazed at the lighting effects these guys acheived on the maps and player models...
  17. S

10,000 Forum Members!

Welcome to McBeast, our 10,000th forum member.
  18. S

Barrel Steam

I was thinking this effect could be realistically implemented. On maps that are cold or where there is precipitation taking place, gun barrels could steam after firing off a few shots. The effect is already in-game for the MG overheating, so adding it to a few guns with exposed barrels (MP40...
  19. S

Moral Kombat - A Hate Documentary

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3595103557386538963&q=moral+kombat&hl=en Alright guys, now they attack the one thing we all love. This is probably going to be the stupidest documentary ever witnessed. I particularly like the comment about flight simulators: "Flight simulators were...
  20. S

RAM - Should I Get More?

Alright, I already have a gig of RAM. If I were to get another gig, what exactly would it do? Does having more RAM help your loading times and framerates, and if so, how much? I was just wondering because a 1 gig stick of RAM costs about a hundred bucks; money that could go towards a new video card.