• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. jones0430

Class Advancement Stuck at level 5

It's been some time now that I've had most of my classes up to level 5. The points for the next rank, level 6 - Hero, is not there. Is there a bug that I'm laboring under, or is this not developed yet?
  2. jones0430

Red Orchestra 2 Memes

http://i.imgur.com/8zmUBZh.jpg Team Killers - Flamethrowers
  3. jones0430

Japanese Knee Mortar

You guys conveniently ignored that I said that there were too many flamethrowers, that they were engineer assets, and that they move like a rifleman, not someone with 50 to 80 pounds of gear on their back. If I wanted to play a Rambo Arcade I could always play call of duty.
  4. jones0430

Tactics Ten things for every role (besides rifleman) to know:

To further illustrate this rule, fire from a position that covers your flank (the side facing the enemy's approach), while you provide enfilade fire on the enemy. If they can't see your muzzle flash, they can't find and see you. If they can't see you, they can't kill you.
  5. jones0430

Japanese Knee Mortar

There are an awful lot of Knee mortars on the maps in Rising Storm. About 2 times too many for the number of troops on the ground. There probably shouldn't be more than one on a map. I base this on the following information. The flamethrower should be restricted on the Allied force structure for...
  6. jones0430

[Crash] Game crash after 2/21/13 update

This crash isn't related to Windows 8 or Nvidea. I have Windows 7 64-bit, and a Radeon 5770, and I have the same crashing. This started after the 2/21 patch. Tripwire, you NEED to respond publicly. Leaving your customers in the dark will only result in your losing business.
  7. jones0430

Installer for custom maps

What in the world is wrong with you, Ducky? Computing isn't suppose to be simple and easy! Thanks a lot man. :D
  8. jones0430

Ostfront mode PLZ TWI!!!

Then they best be prepared for a massive commercial failure with RO2. Their niche isn't going toe to tow with BF3, it's in historical realism. Poor marketing research will doom this game.
  9. jones0430

Destructable environment/buidings..

I really appreciate that wooden fences only provide concealment and not cover. Spartakova isn't impossible because if that. And plaster and lathe walls of most of the buildings are also penetrable by small arms. Urban warfare at it's most unopportune! God I love it.!
  10. jones0430

Apartments - Is this a fair Tactic for the Russians?

Picky, picky, picky. Believe me, if you have a microphone you are usually no better off. It seems most people don't speak English, mute their speakers, or simply think this is a run and gun game.
  11. jones0430

question for tripwire

Precisely the question inquiring minds want to know. Opening the environment to the community with ranked play will boost the numbers of players and increase game longevity. Let's face it, Tripwire isn't able to satisfy the demand for new content (maps), and quite frankly two or three of the...
  12. jones0430

Tactics Machine Gunners

Gentlemen, and I'm including the rest of you guys in that, Take your lessons on MG deployment lessons from real life. The only time a MG should deploy head on is in long distance. The most effective deployment is covering the front with cover to your flank, protecting you from hostile fire...
  13. jones0430

Level Design What ROOST and ROmod maps would you like to see remade in RO2?

It would behoove some map makers to understand what makes a balanced, playable game. Things such as covered and concealed routes, no direct fields of fire covering the spawn exits. Balance in play is paramount. No one wants to play a map that is too simple or one that is heavily weighted in...
  14. jones0430

Latest update to RO2:HOS Beta

It's interesting. I managed to play one night after downloading, then when I next started it, I got a second update to the beta, and the program crashes upon leaving the initial splash screen. This is not the behavior of a Beta.
  15. jones0430

Ro2

Jones0430 To win the war an infantryman with a faust low crawling behind it in the mud and smoke, and giving it a steel and fire enema! Geez, I've been playing RO since version 2 of the Mod.
  16. jones0430

The IRC questions on the Crosshairs cast have now been answered

flame throwers have a potential of being a game killer. Unless they have that interesting propensity, as in real life, of blowing up when hit by bullets. One reason that people really didn't like to carry the flame thrower was it's ability to make it's operator a crispy critter.
  17. jones0430

I missed out on the First RO

Well the Old Farts server is usually hopping on Tuesday and Thursday nights. RO is still alive.
  18. jones0430

A New Player Guide

This is how you play RO. Like you are a soldier. Let the adrenaline tell you how well you are doing. A good infantryman uses his eyes, keep looking around, look for movement, patterns of colors that are off, silhouettes. Those are the keys to finding the enemy. Think before you move. In a...
  19. jones0430

I'm thinking on revieving Iron Crescendo

I'd be interested in this as well.
  20. jones0430

played this for the first time today. and I like it already. :)

The =OF= server has two major play nights, Tuesdays for the Infantry maps, and Thursdays for Tank maps. On those nights, the server is often at or nearly at capacity.