• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. M

Protected Tank! bonus team points

Not too long ago in the game I was an MG class and was able to mow down an Engineer running for the back of one of our tanks, satchel in hand. Tank was saved. I thought... why not a small point bonus similar to "protected squad leader" for protecting tanks?
  2. M

Positive reinforcement version of lockdown

I know this idea comes a little late to the table given changes to lockdown from the beta impending. But, I've been playing in the beta this afternoon, and realizing a couple of things. The new lockdown style is nice for the first objectives where lockdown used to put a lot of pressure on the...
  3. M

New Command for TL and SL: Spawn @ X

The idea behind this suggestion is to make it easier to bring squads together and help differentiate squads' roles on the team. Most of the time on most maps there are 2 spawn options not counting SL. This often results in the diluting squads as some choose spawn 1 and others choose spawn 2...
  4. M

Server info/Welcome screen

This is a small suggestion that hearkens back to my COD:UO days. Back then, if I recall that game, there was a keybinding to access the server's info and welcome screen anytime while playing on a server. This would be a useful feature in a small way as much of the time in a new match you're...
  5. M

Accuracy graphs by weapon!

For the stats page, make a graph that gives you a simple percentage of lethal hits per round fired for each weapon, graphed by range. Or even just simple accuracy. Accuracy is already tracked, but a graph with the range component would be really nice. Especially in those debates about "SMG...
  6. M

Use the in-game VOIP, not 3rd party!

Just wanted to voice a complaint. I think 3rd party voice software are fine and dandy. I use them myself for talking with friends in games that either don't have good VOIP or for when we want to banter about irrelevant stuff or be able to swear at each other :P. But I feel that Red...
  7. M

Server Just throwing this out there as a player...

To server admins: the game already has a working VOIP system. No need to split the players into those who will go out of their way to keep up on the various voice clients and log into your choice of 3rd party voice client, and those who prefer to just use the in-game VOIP which works fine...
  8. M

Tanks: enabled? disabled? how about random?

Just thought it would be nice if servers could have a setting, rather than have to choose between enabled or disabled, that enables or disables tanks for combined arms maps randomly on a per-match basis. I had this idea when 2fj's server said it was considering a weekly rotation of tanks...
  9. M

More tips!

I know the dev team has their collective plate full with bug fixes, new content, and gameplay changes. And I know manpower is limited. But something I have always wanted to see with this game is better tips and hints for the map load screens, more variety in them and more to do with obscure...
  10. M

[Question] Game won't shut down

Have noticed, this seems to be since last patch, that my ROGame exe will not close upon exiting the game. It just sits there in the task list hogging resources (in excess of 550k memory) indefinitely. I noticed this because my Steam friends list was showing me as in the game after I had quit...
  11. M

Breathing, suppression, and stamina.

There is a general complaint that the breathing system instantly negates various penalties to aiming such as depleted stamina and suppression. This is a valid complaint and originates in one aspect of the mechanic. If you have trouble aiming you can just hit the hold breath key and all...
  12. M

Lockdown: Reinforcements

Two of the biggest complaints about the lockdown feature is the arbitrariness of a timer on early objectives (in close fights, an early timer end feels wrong) and that it encourages foolhardy rushing in where it may not always be productive. (In many cases counterproductive...a waste of...
  13. M

Stats/Progression poll: what's your style?

My attempt at polling has been embarrassing. 3rd time is a charm, right? :rolleyes: Ok. As you might have seen, this poll is not intended for discussion of the merits of the stats/progression system, just to poll and discuss to what extent it determines your play style in RO2. To clarify the...
  14. M

The poll version of Stats/Progression: What's your style?

Dang it all: please delete. It didn't work again . :(
  15. M

Stat/Progression: What's your style?

The question is simple: While in the game, how much focus do you personally apply to the stats and progression system? This is not intended to discuss the merits of the stats/progression system, just to poll players on their usage of it.
  16. M

Stat/Progression: What's your style?

The question is simple: While in the game, how much focus do you personally apply to the stats and progression system?
  17. M

interactive (client-side) Map for loadscreen, open up team voice immediately.

Having the overhead of the next map on the loadscreen can allow you to look and study the battlefield in between rounds rather than waste precious or vulnerable moments in the battle to find things. Even if all you need is to check which way is north, this will help. One step further, possibly...
  18. M

Another idea for Lockdown

I love the spirit of lockdown; I don't feel the case has been made enough or appreciated that it's an idea to give defenders a way to earn a quick decisive victory that in the former game they did not have. But here might be a way that we can preserve the basic principle of Lockdown without...
  19. M

Overtime for Lockdown and round end.

Simple idea that removes a significant aspect of frustration about the lockdown timer. I as a player like the lockdown as it affords the defending team a legitimate opportunity for a quick decisive victory. It requires the attacking team to get some momentum. It does not entirely eliminate...
  20. M

For the AT role...more team points, please!

Couldn't find anything on this after a cursory search, but wanted to throw it out there because I would guess it is a common gripe for fans of the anti-tank role. How many times have you found yourself plunking away at an enemy tank, delighting in the flashes of penetrating shells, hearing the...