• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Dziga Vertov

Allow squad name to persist

It would be really cool if when you put in a squad name, that would carry over to any new squad you formed even after match ends (if you say checked a box). I feel like naming squads is something that most people do once or twice, but then get tired of doing, especially since it usually delays...
  2. Dziga Vertov

Level Design Force Dynamic Lighting, no shadows

So I'm trying to make a map where all the lighting is dynamic, which works really well in the editor, but it seems that whenever I test the map in the game itself there are no dynamic shadows at all. I've tried checking a bunch of boxes and pretty much lost track of them, but I know at some...
  3. Dziga Vertov

Level Design Strange Map Bug

Hey, I am having a wierd reinforcement bug on a map I'm working on. The second to last cap is setup in kismet to cut off allied reinforcements upon capture after 1 minute, and this suceeds. Unfortunately, it seems as though this also has the effect of permanently killing every german on the...
  4. Dziga Vertov

Level Design Artillery properties

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the properties of each artillery barrage within the sdk? I'm working on WW1 maps and I'd like to make it possible for really heavy hitting barrages by increasing the number of salvos and the spread of the shells, but if this isn't possible I guess I...
  5. Dziga Vertov

Possible Solution for Out of Bounds

In a thread in the general discussion it was pointed out that the current system of out of bounds in RS1 prevents any sort of ambush play, but to remove this would create lots of spawn killing problems. While it really depends a lot on what sort of game modes RS2 eventually includes (I hope they...
  6. Dziga Vertov

Beta Map TE-GoryachySneg

Here is a short snowy trench map, all rifles except for SL's. Russians defend with minor reinforcements (basically enough so that if you join late you can still play), germans attack with overwhelming reinforcements. I'll put out a german defence version shortly...
  7. Dziga Vertov

Level Design Spline Trenches?

Has anyone had any experience using spline actors for trenches? Would it work? I'm thinking they would possibly allow much faster and smoother trench creation for maps.
  8. Dziga Vertov

Beta Map [MAP] AltMoabit 1A

Hey, This is a map I have been working on specially for the IOM, set in Berlin in the last days of the war. It takes its location from the awesome RO1 map made by EvilHobo, although I have entirely changed the layout to reflect what I found in US aerial reconnaissance sources from 1944. It is...
  9. Dziga Vertov

Shoot from inside Transport?

Is this at all possible from within the UE3 engine? Specifically I mean would it be possible to have a vehicle such as a transport, truck, or car, where instead of just getting into the seats and either sitting twiddling thumbs or firing a form of mounted turret, you could fire the weapons you...
  10. Dziga Vertov

Level Design Weird Lighting Patches

Hey, I was just going through some maps that I was working on earlier this year, and came back to one that was fine except for lighting issues. The lighting takes many hours on account of a large number of trees, and when it finished it left some weird square patches on the terrain that did not...
  11. Dziga Vertov

Very simple hand gestures

Something I hope they consider( perhaps for RO3) would be a very simple and quick physical gesture system with two modes. If you are standing and you point at something and press 1, you say aloud "enemy" and point your hand like in the trailer, 2 same but you say "move" (maybe give a little...
  12. Dziga Vertov

Level Design Custom Campaigns?

Is it possible to make a custom campaign map, and say have a collection of custom maps set up to play through without too much difficulty? Is that more of a server setting?
  13. Dziga Vertov

Level Design Kismet Question

If for some reason you wanted to have some side objectives be timed explosives like a search and destroy map but in a territory match, is there a way to do this solely in kismet, or would it require modding over some code from the search and destroy gametype? What I'd like to possibly do is...
  14. Dziga Vertov

Beta Map Pinsk Marshes-B1

Here is a simple map I have started working on. It is a later war Russian attack through a swamp with seven objectives, still in a very rough state but I am using it to learn the editor. At the moment I am working on adding more decoration to the terrain (it is fairly lacking in marshiness and...
  15. Dziga Vertov

Level Design TE-Derevnya Oktobrskaya

Here's a map I've been working on mainly as practice in the SDK. I wanted to try making a map in a slightly more rural setting, and so I was experimenting with using exported heightmaps from satellite data, but that unsurprisingly resulted in terrains that were far too large in scale for me to...
  16. Dziga Vertov

Spawn Selection Keys

I haven't seen anyone suggest this looking through things, but I think it would be excellent if in the spawn screen there was a way to choose spawns without the mouse. Just pressing a key for spawn 1,2, or 3 rather than moving your mouse over to the tiny text down in the bottom would be far...