• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. A

KF Project Santa

A semi-automatic commando rifle sounds like a good idea to me. To make it different from other assault rifles, I think it should have a smaller magazine and a higher headshot multiplier. Here are some specific suggestions for it: looks similar to H&K SL8; weighs 6 or 7 blocks; has 10 rounds in...
  2. A

[Mutator] Custom weapon priorities

The mutator has been whitelisted. I removed the link to the old version that didn't work properly from the first post.
  3. A

[Mutator] Reload options

The mutator has been whitelisted.
  4. A

[Mutator] Aim or Die

The mutator has been whitelisted.
  5. A

KF Questions about Headshots

This post explains how decapitation works.
  6. A

Tactics Best settings (M14 EBR laser)

It's a matter of preference. If you look up videos of pro sharpshooters playing with faked players, you'll see that they aim down sights as much as fire from the hip, and some use the laser as well. It does, actually. Aiming reduces spread by half.
  7. A

Neon Weapons/Skins - Thoughts

Definitely ugly and poorly made. At least I can get rid of the player skins by editing my game files.
  8. A

KF Lag + Healing teammates /w Syringe = MASSIVE DELAY!

It's possible to completely skip the syringe animation by using a bind. Curiously enough, it seems to work only with ping around 120 and higher. The way it works is you switch to the med-syringe and then tap the X key to heal another player. X=OnRelease SwitchToLastWeapon | Fire
  9. A

[Mutator] Client-Side Hit Detection

Hit detection for melee weapons, namely the part that checks if a zed is caught in the swing arc, isn't coded properly in the first place. Since I don't feel like re-writing and testing it, melee weapons have been removed. Changes: Now the trader has only modified weapons (which are listed in...
  10. A

Updated. Hit detection has been changed for the following weapons and projectiles: All hitscan weapons. All melee weapons except the chainsaw. Healing darts. Syringe. Other changes: Made the head hitbox scale configurable. The default head hitbox size for melee weapons is no longer larger by...
  11. A

KF Which weapon would you like to see in KF?

Bare Handed Mk.2
  12. A

Code [Help] Ammo meters

This is what I previously suggested, using the default magazine icon as an example.
  13. A

I'll see about adding some checks after I replace the rest of the weapons. As if not using client-side hit detection makes a game cheat-proof. How relevant is the Zero Ping example anyway, considering KF is protected by the VAC? To give another example, there is Antilag mutator for RO2 that...
  14. A

This mutator changes the way hit detection works, making weapons check for hits on clients instead of the server. Consequently, zeds' head hitboxes will always be exactly where their heads are on a player's screen. As in singleplayer mode, head hitboxes will also be smaller than their...
  15. A

4 less

Gee, sorry. My brain can't handle so many exclamation and question marks and ellipses. Seriously though, if you're not actually trolling, you might as well be. Before abandoning this thread, I'm just going to mention that the crossbow's high rate of fire and the flare revolver's high impact...
  16. A

4 less

I asked you to give a good reason to change the current ammo amount, which wasn't an argument. You haven't, by the way. I also didn't say that I never miss. However, if I were to generalise from my own experience, including playing as a low-level shaprshooter on Hell on Earth with a full team...
  17. A

4 less

Changing a weapon's total ammo capacity because of its ammo pickups is neither pointless nor cosmetic, though I have a feeling you wouldn't care for the exact explanation. Regardless of why the crossbow's ammo was changed years ago, if you think it should be increased now, give at least one good...
  18. A

4 less

Unless I'm missing something, that was done quite some time ago, so I'm curious why you decided to ask about it now. The obvious answer seems to be that the total ammo was changed to a multiple of six, which was the new amount of ammo either picked up or bought.
  19. A

Code [Help]Making ViewShaker that replicates

I think this should work. simulated function Trigger( actor Other, pawn EventInstigator ) { // local Controller C; local PlayerController LocalPlayer; LocalPlayer = Level.GetLocalPlayerController(); if ( (LocalPlayer != None) && (VSize(Location -...
  20. A

KF First Person Spectator

You can use the freecamera 0 / freecamera 1 cheat to switch views regardless of the server settings.