• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. K

Tactics The growing need for caution

Yes, of late I noticed that there is a hard core of Red Orc die hards that don't allow tricks to pass them by. And these guys are themselves hitmen - assassins, panzerfaust Annie Oakleys, and tank men who run their tanks like Custer in a Civil War charge. Where once only I...
  2. K

Tactics TK with greatest effect

If there was a red button by my computer that would allow me to reduce non-accidental TK-players to a pile of ash in their chairs at home, it would be worn out and any printing on it would have been rubbed off by heavy use long ago. Such is how I view professional Tk'ers. I believe in their...
  3. K

Tactics When to hit Esc - Disconect

When is that time? When to use that tactic? I just played Frontline_assualt B4 for the first time. As a t-34 driver I was trying to get the tank through the silly tree line - the road with the downed trees, and the Russians wouldn't get out of my way so I could bring a tank up. They can use the...
  4. K

Tactics Taking out snipers and machine gunners with short barrel guns

Certain imps tried to take over this topic by ignoring plain reality of real combat recorded by history. But here is a fact that they can not stupidly argue with. It is an absolute fact that no one can dispute that I personally cannot in real life hit targets as easily as I can in Red...
  5. K

guns a bit too accurate

I have often taken out a machinegunner at 60+ meters with a submachine gun (not usually all that accurate in real life) or even with a pistol! Generally in real war even rifle men had a hard time doing that, unless they were Sergeant York. The trouble is the color, while nice, is not true to...
  6. K

What effect are games like Red Orc having on real war?

The modern military is using gaming like Red Orc to improve their units. But what I wonder is what effect is happening to all those pimple faced teens and even children who grow up in games like Red Orc? They are learning a few things that in WWII only seasoned troops attained. Green troops...
  7. K

Tactics Give no free trips in BDJ

By free trips I mean a death trip back to tank spawn. We have all seen tanks knocked out in the BDJ where the diver or a crew man jumps out in time to run around. Often they take cover and try to run to another tank or back to spawn. Or at times they try to draw your fire - and get you into a...
  8. K

Tactics Your death is not always a waste

Often a suicide attack by one or two players will win a game. This is true if these attacks draw enemy fire, delay an enemy, or reveal an enemy at a critical moment. We have all seen this and in real combat this happens too. Often men who do this in real war are those who win their medals...
  9. K

Tactics Arad is my trouble -

I sent this to one of the viewers. I've come to realize all my complaints center mainly on Arad. And this is why: "I've been complaining too much on this Red Orc site, and really about just two levels: Arad, and the Reichstag maps. I've been thinking it over and realize that most players play...
  10. K

Tactics Limited Time/Objectives/Force Footprint

In small maps the size of your force footprint often decides the issue. Let’s take a theoretical small map with an equal number of tanks (10) beginning from each side with about the same mix of tank strengths. Let’s say they have 5 reinforcements for each tank making for a total in game amount...
  11. K

Tactics WINNING GAMES and BOLDNESS

[FONT=&quot]Maybe its an American thing - don't know. But most Americans are driven by what's called THE BOTTOM LINE. And the bottom line in Rec Orc is winning the game. When I first started back in late April early May - I saw very little boldness. Back then - because infantry was not that...
  12. K

Don't know who here plays SH3 but

you might try my new V-Mod Ultimate with alternate history and SS U-boat flotillas and Pacific bases. http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/redbrow12/ssflotillas.htm http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/redbrow12/new_history.htm note: since this is not a real SS uniform that ever existed and since the...
  13. K

Level Design Wish list - please - with cream and a cherry

Back in the old DOOM 1 days (94) i once built two maps of the old WWI Verdun Fort Douaumont and another for the smaller Fort Vaux. Of course it used teleporters for going under the outer ditch. I would sure love to see some one build one of those and make everyone use bolt action rifles and...
  14. K

Squad Here is a question

I have noted a few clans (I won't name names) who always seem to come into a game when I am playing and like clock work with these guys comes killer fleas into my team. Well, team killers. Its like I am being visited by Jupiter and its orbiting assassin moons or something. Certain clans show up...
  15. K

Tactics Arty is your friend

Just a few points. If you have never called in artillery – go to a practice level and do so. Don’t waste our ammo learning how to use arty in a game. Basically on every map there are choke points and tactical points where enemy tanks and men are wont to gather. Open fields are not usually good...
  16. K

Tactics Natural Cooperation & leaders

First let me state that I am not a good leader. I am more of an assassin but I do follow orders well under good leadership (sometimes, sadly, even under bad leadership). I am always studying the group psychology of the battle field teams. There are two things I am aware of: Natural Pack...
  17. K

Tactics Real Tankers support their infantry

In operations such as the Berlin map Tankers should always support their infantry. About two weeks ago I was in the role of infantry, with other guys trying to move past the ditch just beyond the open ruin. The Germans had us pinned down with both infantry and their Tiger. I noted that our two...
  18. K

Four Changes I'd like

1. [Artillery FF] I would like to see the FF (Friendly Fire) counter set differently for artillery. Many times I will lay down a barrage and once it is started I see not only bots, but stupid players drive or walk right into an on going barrage!! Why should I get tagged for that? They do this...