• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. K

Observations on Current Attitudes

I first played Red Orch in May 2006 and ended in May 2007 or there abouts. During that time I saw many, many cycles of changes as waves of people left and new groups came on and as old timers returned. About Sept. 2006 through Nov. there developed a good deal in the games about which you...
  2. K

Tactics Real Tankers support their infantry

update update I must admit that many months after my first postings I had to start driving buttoned up in most cases. I also ran into panzerfaust gunslingers who could take out a tank at maximum range and with a snap aim. I too got that good with a panzerfaust - the quick draw - maximum range...
  3. K

Irish Civil War?

I still wish one of you map makers would I still wish one of you map makers would make one of the WWI French forts like Vaux near Verdun, and fill the game with bolts and of course a few machine guns for the fort's block houses. It would also need as many gernades as can be stuffed on to the...
  4. K

Tactics The growing need for caution

Yes, of late I noticed that there is a hard core of Red Orc die hards that don't allow tricks to pass them by. And these guys are themselves hitmen - assassins, panzerfaust Annie Oakleys, and tank men who run their tanks like Custer in a Civil War charge. Where once only I...
  5. K

Tactics When to hit Esc - Disconect

K Rohm PANZER BLITZ?????? K Rohm PANZER BLITZ?????? You are talking early 1971 there Mac! Though I suppose it was around until 82. Yeah those games were great medicine for crazy teens who wanted to go to war in Nam. After playing every game Avalon Hill caughed up - Sink the Bismarck...
  6. K

Tactics Poll: Suicidal Satchel Assault - Yes or No

my opion is this: my opion is this: Red Orc is not very realistic. Its a game where you have 15 to 20 minutes, usually, to win. People speak across great expanses as if in WWII the common trooper on the eastern front had small radios. They did not. Russian tanks only had at most one radio per...
  7. K

Tactics Natural Cooperation & leaders

much to answer much to answer first to http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/member.php?u=9523. Something tells me you are one of those commanders I have enjoyed. Communications either happens or I start typing, "is my team a bunch of bots?" Cause I bail out of bot games. The need for...
  8. K

Tactics TK with greatest effect

If there was a red button by my computer that would allow me to reduce non-accidental TK-players to a pile of ash in their chairs at home, it would be worn out and any printing on it would have been rubbed off by heavy use long ago. Such is how I view professional Tk'ers. I believe in their...
  9. K

Tactics Your death is not always a waste

Nifel you are indeed a fellow commando assassin at heart Nifel you are indeed a fellow commando assassin at heart Because of Your deadly tactics with uniforms and color - You are hereby drafted into the [FONT=&quot]Obersturmbannf
  10. K

guns a bit too accurate

FROM KARTASIK - reminder FROM KARTASIK - reminder I only said the aiming was a 'BIT' too accurate. A tiny bit. When I suggest a random factor it could just apply to men hiding in defenses. Actually the game has something like this now with tanks. If you are peaking out of the sight-slits it...
  11. K

Obr.Lt.Scheisskopf and all Obr.Lt.Scheisskopf and all I was watching 'Band Of Brothers' again the other day and suddenly realized that how the old timers felt about the green replacements was much the same way old timers in RO fell about noobs. I have to work hard at not getting on to them -...
  12. K

When is that time? When to use that tactic? I just played Frontline_assualt B4 for the first time. As a t-34 driver I was trying to get the tank through the silly tree line - the road with the downed trees, and the Russians wouldn't get out of my way so I could bring a tank up. They can use the...
  13. K

guns a bit too accurate

People are ignoring the facts People are ignoring the facts I killed mg men IN THE HARDENED BUNKERS OVER LOOKING THE BEACH IN BEACH ASSAULT MAP WHILE USING AN SMG - from the sand dunes. Read that again. I have shot them through windows in the Stalingrad map while I was behind the burnt out...
  14. K

Tactics Taking out snipers and machine gunners with short barrel guns

Nifel Nifel That's silly. The point was on D-day thousands of US GIs, many who were expert shots could not take out MGs in the bunkers until they got near enough to get gernades or flamethrowers into them. Now and then a lucky shot would take out an MG man, but that was rare. The MG guys I...
  15. K

Tactics Taking out snipers and machine gunners with short barrel guns

Certain imps tried to take over this topic by ignoring plain reality of real combat recorded by history. But here is a fact that they can not stupidly argue with. It is an absolute fact that no one can dispute that I personally cannot in real life hit targets as easily as I can in Red...
  16. K

guns a bit too accurate

effect of real machinegunner - Beast of Omaha effect of real machinegunner - Beast of Omaha "He fired for nine hours, using up all the 12,000 machine-gun rounds. The sea turned red with the blood from the bodies. When he had no more bullets for the machine-gun, he started firing on the US...
  17. K

guns a bit too accurate

I have often taken out a machinegunner at 60+ meters with a submachine gun (not usually all that accurate in real life) or even with a pistol! Generally in real war even rifle men had a hard time doing that, unless they were Sergeant York. The trouble is the color, while nice, is not true to...
  18. K

What effect are games like Red Orc having on real war?

The modern military is using gaming like Red Orc to improve their units. But what I wonder is what effect is happening to all those pimple faced teens and even children who grow up in games like Red Orc? They are learning a few things that in WWII only seasoned troops attained. Green troops...
  19. K

Tactics Real Tankers support their infantry

I see I should clarify more on this: I see I should clarify more on this: If you have a TEAM inside a tank you should avoid over wild attacks. When I am driving a halftrack full of men I am very conservative how I drive. The FEW times I was roped in to driving a tank with a gunner I usually...
  20. K

Tactics Your death is not always a waste

yep that's the element that wins games yep that's the element that wins games Infantry does it a lot - tankers not so often. There really are tankers who never play infantry and it shows in their gaming. Infantry has to be bold or else they go no where. Generally, being without armor...