• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. L

Fade to black from headshot persisting after respawn

Never had this until the patch, had it happen twice within 10 minutes of playing the patch. And must have typed in chat 10 times or so this evening explaining to people how to type suicide in console to 'fix' it. This combined with the patch randomly breaking the positional audio for me... yeah...
  2. L

A question to Tripwire

People will play RO2 as long as they still can and want to, it's that simple. It's not going to disappear just because RS2 comes out. Frankly it makes far more sense for them to make a Vietnam game (there hasn't been a decent one for years), and run with that for a few years before potentially...
  3. L

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Well I had fun, but I only stayed around a couple of maps because I just couldn't stand the blur effect any longer. It's so pervasive it's pretty much game breaking for me. If an explosion goes off anywhere remotely near you it will kick in, and lasts such a duration that it probably won't fully...
  4. L

What the hell is up with my stats?

I think that was for my K98 stats. This is back before the stat reset, when a bug was causing people to seemingly absorb stats/levels/unlocks from other players they were spectating. I remember gaining level 50 mkb without ever selecting it back then.
  5. L

What the hell is up with my stats?

On the plus side, they're a lot less buggy than upon release ;) ....
  6. L

You can't really compare a pic of modern soldiers carrying weapons to what happened in ww2. The training was drastically different between the two eras, shown nicely by the ww2 era side on pistol aiming stance we see in RO2. Soldiers may rarely fire without aiming now, but there is countless...
  7. L

RO2 Anti-Tank guns

Well the HMG's in RO randomly spawn within a larger set of potential spots, and that didn't exactly work out well in protecting them. Unless you had dozens of potential places in a map it would be unlikely to do much. Tankers would still throw a HE shell at them from a distance. And that's...
  8. L

Much fun had over the last week, and a basic recap of issues I've had. Suppression. Really really thinking the black and white element needs to be toned down or removed. I always hated the effect. By all means blur things a bit, knock the aiming point around etc. But the black and white effect...
  9. L

RO2 Anti-Tank guns

AT guns were so lethal irl because they were craftily placed in ambush spots taking the enemy by surprise. This is impossible to do ingame with static guns as everyone would soon learn all the spots. They'd just be hit by arty/HE shells before they knew what hit them. To make them remotely...
  10. L

Why arent more people playing IOM Mod

This. If you want to get some decently populated games you really must be part of the IOM group to see when events are planned/happening. It's a bit random which evenings take off though, so don't be disheartened if you turn up to one and it's not especially busy. Sometimes the server may get...
  11. L

This is what I have always thought would be best. A little bit of zoom to enable people to strike out better at realistic long ranges, while still enabling people to clear rooms without the zoom getting in the way. I mean I can live without any zoom sure, but a little bit of zoom connected to...
  12. L

RS idea for nambu pistol unlock

Kind of reversed really. Irl the nambu round was anaemic, and painfully underpowered. But it still did the job just about. Ingame it's actually packing the same power as the TT33 and C96, and bizarrely even does more damage than the P38. Irl all those pistols fired a substantially more powerful...
  13. L

Looking forward this is what failed Ro2 in my opinion.

Many people had huge performance issues, both with high and low end rigs. Some people suffered constant stuttering on some maps (pavlovs being especially bad). Some people had huge non-specific frame rate issues in general. Some people had split second freezes when objectives were captured or...
  14. L

Does anyone here actually prefer RO2 tanking to RO?

In theory at least. They were notoriously unreliable and much of the time the round would fail to explode upon penetration. That said the amount of spalling and other debris inside a tank would usually ensure some degree of injury or incapacitation explosion or not. As to the question. Tanking...
  15. L

Satchel charge team kills

It's so so simple to fix. It has been suggested multiple times before but it seems it won't ever be added. But hey, may as well suggest it again. Change it so that if a placed satchel destroys an objective, all TK's caused with that satchel count as suicides for those TKed. Problem solved...
  16. L

Isn't that explosive round effect massively over the top? I mean, a rifle calibre round is going to carry an almost insignificant amount of explosive filler. A visible puff would surely be the most you'd see.
  17. L

melee system desperatly needs an update

The realism/classic thing comes into this I find. In classic I find bayonets fairly consistently either kill or mortally injure people, while one or two other melee attacks will do the same. In realism though I'm constantly frustrated by people simply shooting me and bandaging the bayonet wound...
  18. L

So after a quite some time playing, and to repeat much that others have already said... Even more sure the mgs are too easy to rambo upclose. Any hipped accuracy hit the mgs have taken with the mod doesn't do anything to stop them being powerhouses at extremely close ranges. Just the kind of...
  19. L

More fun had, but a couple of issues creep up. Firstly while the rof limit for pistols seems fine, for semi auto rifles it still seems a bit limiting to me (unless I was imagining things, I didn't use them much upclose). The ability to basically mag dump should always be there for a tight spot...