• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Teufel Hund

Vote for bot support on the RS2: Vietnam RoadMap!

I'd prefer they didn't waste time on bots. I always avoided servers with bots on RO1/2 and RS1.
  2. Teufel Hund

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

So it seems to me that nobody is really debating that the MG42 (or any other LMG in game) can, and was, fired from the hip. The real issue I think isn't even how accurately it can be done, but in the fact that you can still move while doing so. Every picture and video I've seen of it, the gunner...
  3. Teufel Hund

RS M2 Carbine

How about the Japanese copy of the Pedersen carbine? Semi-automatic, used a 10 round rotary magazine, and fired the 6.5x50SR. Prototypes were made in 1932-1936, not much other info on them. But a few were recovered in the Philippines and Okinawa in 1945, so they likely saw combat.
  4. Teufel Hund

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

One of the best reasons for allowing it in game in my opinion. I wouldn't be opposed to the extra mouse click as in RO1, it would make sense logically. I do seem to recall reading somewhere that drums were generally issued for the MG34 and MG42 when used as a LMG, and the longer belts were...
  5. Teufel Hund

Spawning on a squad leader?

They really should do a better job of making squad assignments more even.
  6. Teufel Hund

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

1200 rounds per minute is 20 rounds per second... hero or not, that's a sympathetic nervous system stimuli (ie sphincter tightening moment). It was so terrifying that the US Army made a training film about, and intentionally under estimated it's abilities so that troops wouldn't be afraid to...
  7. Teufel Hund

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

The 14.5x114mm round has a muzzle energy of 31,700 joules. The 12.7x99mm (US .50) for comparison is 18,220 joules. The 7.92
  8. Teufel Hund

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

On a somewhat related note... The Lafeyette tripod also had a periscope to allow it to be fired while the gunner was completely behind cover, and a telescopic sight. Why don't we have these in the game too?
  9. Teufel Hund

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

The SVT40 was pretty popular with the Germans too... re-designated SIG.259(r), they even printed up manuals for them, and manufactured ammunition. The PTRD-41, and PTRS-41, were re-designated Panzerabwehrb
  10. Teufel Hund

Rakowice. Imbalance.

I'd say it's about 50/50 honestly. Maybe I have a bigger effect on the outcome than I thought since I rarely play anything other than Tanker, SL, or TL. Although as big as my ego is, even I find that hard to believe. Based on my experiences I just don't think the map is as unbalanced as others...
  11. Teufel Hund

Rakowice. Imbalance.

Half the time I play the Germans get locked down on the second objective. Too many people hang back and try to shoot the Russians in the windows instead of getting in the caps. Where as on Rakowice, it almost always comes down to the last objective.
  12. Teufel Hund

Rakowice. Imbalance.

I've had far more success attacking on Rakowice than on Grain Elevator.
  13. Teufel Hund

Tactics What the heck is the logic of going past the objective?

How can you rank arty last? Well placed arty can wipe out the majority of the opposing side in a matter of seconds. Making for an easy capture of the objective. This is why I feel marking arty is the SL's primary objective, and it's worth dying to get that perfect mark.
  14. Teufel Hund

Spawning on a squad leader?

Imagine if they had that many MKb42's in Stalingrad... and could find ammo for their weapons just laying around...
  15. Teufel Hund

Rakowice. Imbalance.

Again, the issue is still the snipers not doing their job. The reasons for it are irrelevant.
  16. Teufel Hund

Rakowice. Imbalance.

Transports are very thin skinned, so AP rounds will likely pass right through without transferring much energy. Probably wouldn't trigger the burster charge in the Pzgr.39 either, and the outdated burster in the BR-350A failed half the time anyway. You may go through a passenger in the process...
  17. Teufel Hund

Rakowice. Imbalance.

Unfortunately 75% of the time, 1 player jumps in and immediately speeds off with an empty transport. 20% of the time, someone jumps in, and waits for others to get in before driving, but nobody gets in, or at best 1 other gets in. 5% of the time, everything actually works out, and you have a...
  18. Teufel Hund

Tactics What the heck is the logic of going past the objective?

Squad Leaders have four jobs: Marking arty Providing concealment (ie smoke) Capturing objectives (they count for more than other classes) Acting as a spawn point. The priority should be in that order, acting as spawn point is their lowest priority (although it can coincide with capturing...
  19. Teufel Hund

Rakowice. Imbalance.

Snipers should be able to easily pick off the MG's and the SdKfz gunners. If they're not, then they're not doing their job. The main issue is too many players want to concentrate on getting kills instead of doing their jobs. The sniper's primary role is eliminating leaders, and MG's.
  20. Teufel Hund

Korean War Mod

Isn't reviving old threads better than posting new threads on topics that have already been discussed? Better to have everything in one thread, than 20-30 different threads on the same subject. Just because the OP may have not followed through, doesn't mean there wasn't interest, and maybe...