• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. R

Adjustable Rear Sights

Press "F" :D
  2. R

Beta Map AHzVehicles_TWO_Beta1: ALLIES

As far as IRL goes, the main reason of having a different range scale for AP (PzGr) and HE (SprGr) is the difference in muzzle velocity. SprGr were fired with a lower muzzle velocity than PzGr. Basically, the AP is virtual solid, with a bursting charge of only 70g, so it can withstand higher...
  3. R

Beta Map AHzVehicles_Two_Beta1: AXIS

The map was Brenzina, and I was resuppling at the Village CP. Just tried it using a "listen server", with both the original and the "1941" versions, and there is no resupply at all. I guess I must have imagined the resupply of HE. I thought I'd gone to the full load of 60, but I probably only...
  4. R

Beta Map AHzVehicles_Two_Beta1: AXIS

I don't seem able to get a resupply of smoke shells for the PzIV. I think I got a full load of HE shells, but no more smoke. It happened when I I'd fired all the smoke shells. Didn't try the resupply with 1 left.
  5. R

SERVER RELEASE > MEATGRINDER: NEW MinionWorkz Pack!!

Liking the smoke shells on the PzIV. Covers the target area a treat. Also used it to survive a couple of encounters with the KV-2.
  6. R

SERVER RELEASE > MEATGRINDER: NEW MinionWorkz Pack!!

Finally got to play one of the new maps. I can see the effort that went into creating the KV-2. Would TWB consider doing "Minion Workz Pack evening", to try and kick start the take-up of the new maps?
  7. R

Determing range?

Get hold of Mormegil's tank range, and run it as a "Listen Server". Then get used to how tanks looks at known ranges. Unless you are firing "short" PzIV or JS-2, most guns have a flat enough trajectory that it's pretty easy once you get the 250m, 500m and 750m ranges straight. I use the...
  8. R

MinionWorkz Vehicle and Map Pack

My flights been delayed 2 and a half hours!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad: Time to drink free beer in the lounge
  9. R

New GFX Card

Found it now. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=179438 "GeForce 8800GT Alpha Dog xFx-
  10. R

New GFX Card

I'd say the 2 cards to think about are the 8800 GTS 768Mb and the 8800 GT 512Mb. From what I've read, I'd say that the GT outperforms the GTS, until you start turning up the anti-aliasing, at which point the great amount of RAM, the speed at which it can access shows through. Don't bother...
  11. R

[VIDEO] MinionWorkz Vehicle & Map Pack

OOoooooo. Really, really, looking forwards to this. The only problem is I'm in S'pore and will be flying back to the UK on the 25th, and "wheels down" on the 26th. What server's are going to be running the new maps???? Going to get this loaded onto my old PC because I can't want. Then pick up my...
  12. R

STUG 3G pulled out of the lake in Russia

I'd have to say Ausf G. It has a cupola The sides of the superstructure are slightly sloped The roof of the superstructure is raised at the end and squared. The Ausf F/8 still had the rectangular boxes attached to the superstructure that were introduced with the Ausf EPictures of surviving...
  13. R

Russian lend and lease numbers

Russia built about 90 locomotives during WWII, while close to 2,000 were sent as part of the lend lease program. That's going to translate to a fair few tanks.
  14. R

Mp 40 sights

The MP40 was know as the "schmeisser" by both the US and UK armies. I believe it was a hold over the WWI, when the MP-18 was also refered to as the "Schmeisser". I do know that one of the requirments for the Sterling SMG was to put 5 rounds (single shot) into a 1 foot square target at 100m. Not...
  15. R

New WWII Tank Sim Announced

If you want cryptic, you should try reading the manual for Steel Fury
  16. R

Release ArmoredBeasts 2.06 beta (update)

It was common to task captured T-34 to infantry support operations, rather than the main armoured thrust. This was to minimise the chance of a blue-on-blue engagement.
  17. R

Release ArmoredBeasts 2.06 beta (update)

You have to watch out for angles being quoted as either off the vertical or horizontal. Regarding the side armour of the Panther F and G. It's combo of 40mm vertical plates and 50mm plates 30deg off the vertical. Now, the straight line thickness (which I know is a simplification of matters)...
  18. R

We Need You, Armored Beasts!

If you read the relevent thread...... Or are you just trying to be flame bait??? :rolleyes:
  19. R

Game Modeling of Armor Penetration?

Depending on the range and the lag / ping, the game engine can detect a hit against the "far" surface, rather than the "near" surface. So a shot to the front can be detected against, and calculated for, the rear armour. But I've never heard of or seen a Tger being damaged by a PTRD. The...
  20. R

RELEASE - StuG III Ausf G - Beta 1

Did you mean oror:D.