• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. L

Slower than Zedtime

After over 25 pages of the official video thread it seems this kind of video hasn't made much, if any, form of appearance among the KF community. So, I figured I'd post the first one I've done in a new thread so that people would be aware of these videos. In any event, enjoy...
  2. L

Sound Anyway to Disable "Zedtime_Enter/Exit"?

I'd like to get rid of the slow motion enter/exit sound effects. I've found the two sounds files, but I don't know how to make it so that the game no longer uses them during multiplayer. Any ideas?
  3. L

Requesting M1 Garand/1911 DLC

Rate of fire. In a lot of games it is adjusted, to balance the weapon. Reload time. Outlined it all before. Developers likely have other tricks they use to balance, that we do not know about.
  4. L

I concede the visual similarities between the Garand and M14 as a valid concern. However, in my view their function significantly alters their appearance. Yet, even its appearance... The Garands: wood, iron, and 'rough' sights The M14: modernized; precision manufacture; composite materials...
  5. L

That places the MK23 at 71% the damage of the HC. Even more unrealistic :p My point is the the roles the weapons serve in the real world don't apply. At level 6 the Lever's rate of fire essentially makes it a semi-auto rifle.
  6. L

http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/Handcannon
  7. L

I realize how similar they are in design, even function, but the roles of a gun are changed by things which can be adjusted in a game. How a round is designed does significantly affect how much soft tissue damage occurs. The comparisons weren't meant to be 1:1, but outline the disparity in...
  8. L

I do that, sometimes, in games that are actually challenging. Against skilled opponents. That use starts. That think. For the most part. There's also the issue of finding other people sharing that interest and are fun to play with. I tried to find groups initially, but all everyone did was...
  9. L

Its simple. Its on Wikipedia. A wonderful resources, imo. The M14 EBR uses a 7.62x51mm NATO round which has a velocity of 833 m/s and transfers 3300 J of energy. The Lever, which is a Winchester, uses a .44 Henry which has a velocity of 380 m/s and transfers 933j of energy. Now, it might...
  10. L

Micless randoms and players that will troll you before they toss a heal. I find a way to enjoy this game which does not rely on such...individuals. Okay? hm. Is that elitism about skillz I see? Do the ZED run strats? If you lose, do they post it to youtube, and will other people care? People...
  11. L

Killing Floors value to me begins with headshots, then slow motion, goes to headshot streaks, headshot combos...ya I like to lobotomize the creepies that crawl about and are trying to eat myself and those around me. If a role, the Garand can fill, has headshots, headshot streaks, headshot...
  12. L

A Bloody Good Argument. Not what I had in mind. I was being silly as this all seems rather silly. I mean, value? The gun can be balanced to fill any role which I value, or a role that you value, or one that someone else values. Being silly again, sorry. So, what role do I perceive as...
  13. L

Bad kids don't miss their shots, they simply can't hit things. Bad kids are Bad. Even in CoD they will be bad. With the M14 if you miss 5 shots, no big deal, 15 still in the mag. If, with the Garand, you missed 5 shots, the penalty is greater, as you now have 3 left. You reload faster, but you...
  14. L

The m14 is largely ignored by players. A notable gap is that there's still only one marksman rifle players are using. Balance the M14 then? The main objective in KF is to slaughter hordes of enemies and take out the bossman; by shooting stuff. Shooting stuff in slow motion with beautifully...
  15. L

I believe it would add plenty to the gameplay and thought I explained sufficiently in what ways it could. You seem quite determined that the Garand can't. It'd be nice if an explanation as to why was provided. You know, useful information. 'Just like the m14', in what way? Doesn't add to...
  16. L

I thought I did that in my earlier post. The video was meant only to address the claim that the Garand would be 'just like' the m14. That reload; 8 pops and ding, in ZED time - only with the Garand. Is a gun fun to shoot? I don't use the M14 in Killing Floor, in large part, because its boring...
  17. L

I can concede the 1911 is a bit redundant, but the Garand is not an m14 with a smaller mag. Someone mentioned I'd be better off making it myself, but I have too many other things I'm learning and doing to spend time figuring out how to make a mod. What I can do is illustrate how I see these...
  18. L

I never really thought of killing floor as having balance issues. Nor the Garand or 1911 as causing balance issues. The garand is an semi-auto eight shot rifle with a clip and has unique aesthetics. Its role is intermediate between the level/m14s pros and cons, thus filling a different...
  19. L

I'd really like it if the M1 Garand and 1911 were in Killing Floor. Money is ready to be thrown at such an offering. Pretty please?
  20. L

Surround sound on win 7 64 bit not working properly

Necroing a thread. Not really my style but w/e. Just kind of funny reading this and it being front page of a google search. Right, my point. If one wants a surround sound solution to work in every game then...one must buy a soundcard. Why? Well my Xonar STX has this thing called hardware...