• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. A

RS Rapid fire

He is not even trying to control or compensate the recoil in that video. Check this one out: M1 Garand Rapid fire!! - YouTube
  2. A

Impossible to mutually kill each other. What is the cause of this?

Yeah, this bullets disappearing in thin air if the enemy fires first crap happens to me in almost every game. I hear the muzzle report of my gun but the bullet never materializes. If this game really has 50m hitscan limitation it explains couple a other things too. For example why it's so hard...
  3. A

RO2/RS Gun mechanics and play style suggestions

Not true, muzzle brake and compensator makes huge difference. Go to range with one of your own guns that has a muzzle brake and try to fire it with and without the brake and see the difference. If you don't have such guns ask if any of your gun owning friends do and try to get to range with...
  4. A

RS Ghost ring sights

Not true. Actually none of the sights in the game are ghost rings.
  5. A

RS Type 100 "Improved Sights" and Improved Upgrade Selection

Yes. The point is that the smaller the hole the easier the front sight is to accurately center in it but the more of your FOV gets covered by the rear sight. In reality you can't hit **** with sights like those in BFBC2 Garand.
  6. A

BFBC2 Garand sights were unrealistic... Check out the real thing:
  7. A

Only in ghost ring sights, the ring is perfectly visible and blocks part of your vision in guns with smaller aperture sight holes.
  8. A

It's unrealistic to blur the ring out completely, especially when the sight is not a ghost ring but aperture sight with smaller hole. Comparison of ghost ring and smaller hole:
  9. A

RS Don't Punish New Players by forcing them to play in Action Servers

Yeah, it's ****ty idea. RO2/RS is marketed as realistic game so players expect being able to play the Realism mode without being forced to play the crappy Action mode first. Realism servers were full during beta, now only RO2 veterans play Realism because others can't. I just checked and Action...
  10. A

[Crash] Hard Lock/Crash

Any news in this one Tripwire? Just got it the first time, black screen hard lock (Core i5 2500K, 8GB RAM, GTX680 etc).
  11. A

What We Are Up To - April 8th Edition

Can we finally get the Sdkfz.251 and clowncar? Pretty please.
  12. A

SVT-40 Magazine and Stripper Clips

edit: nothing, my memory playing tricks on me
  13. A

The power of rifles rounds

Did you read the article? You guys have been claiming only thing FMJ needs to injure is velocity but that article is saying the same thing as I, unless the bullet transfers it's energy to the tissue it won't do that much damage. So unless the FMJ bullet tumbles it won't produce the effects you...
  14. A

I don't think the bolded part is true but rest of the post is spot on. 7.62x54R FMJ can produce that kind of temporary cavity in ballistic gelatin but not in most human tissues because human tissues have far superior tensile strenght and elasticity when compared to ballistic gelatin. Ballistic...
  15. A

Could you link the whole article? That doesn't mention temporary cavity anywhere, sounds like what direct hit does. edit: I must admit I remembered the lung rupture wrong. I should have known better since I'm studying Biomedical Engineering at university. edit2: This is also one reason why I...
  16. A

Heart muscle is so strong and thick that I really doubt a rifle caliber FMJ bullet passing near it can rupture it. It's one of the strongest tissue types in our body. Lungs can be ruptured and collapsed, but I really doubt that heart could rupture by FMJ bullet passing nearby. Here's an example...
  17. A

I'd recommend reading my earlier posts. I never said 9x19mm or 7.62x25mm were as effective as rifle caliber rounds, I said that you shouldn't underestimate them because rifle rounds are more powerful. That still depends a lot on the bullet. If the shape and materials are such that the bullet...
  18. A

Both of those play significant factor. If the bullet can't bleed it's energy to the tissue it won't wound as efficiently as bullet that transfers it's energy to target tissues. This is the reason why deforming bullets have far superior wounding ability to FMJs. FMJ that tumbles is far more...
  19. A

He was talking about 6-8" temporary cavity, that area is definitely not destroyed. I don't know if you understand the term "temporary cavity" but it doesn't mean volume of meat that is turned to pulp but the volume where tissues are moved by the shock wave of the passing bullet. From the same...