• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. K

Tactics Berezina defensive positions

One would think that after playing the majority of the tank maps in RO that knowledge and use of the tank cannon rangefinder would be a big plus in future battles. It's a lot like scaling the learning curve. Apparently in Berezina, where the Russians have the armor superiority, that's not the...
  2. K

Tactics Bridge protection in Orel

By now anyone who's played the Germans in Orel knows the frustration of having to deal with three out of four blown bridges on their side of the map. Thus, having to rely on the main bridge which can be targeted for artillery/or tank fire if the Russians have the high ground. It seems to be now...
  3. K

Tigers in Orel

How about it? Historically they came out in 1942, and Orel is in 1943, so what is the miscue here? Of course, the Russian tanks on that map wouldn't be a match for them outright; the Russians would have to adapt new tactics. The Tiger could only be dealt with effectively with artillery fire. I...
  4. K

Spawning near objective

I have noticed a peculiar pattern of this on a clan's public gaming server which is getting to be annoying. It happens mainly on a few of the maps which seem to be the only ones playing all the time. Take for instance Ogledow. During rounds, when the Farm is in German control, it appears that 1...
  5. K

Tactics HE rounds use for infantry.

Tankers, why do you continue to use AP rounds on single or multiple infantry targets? I most recently saw this being done on the Barashka map. Don't let those HE rounds go to waste. They're even more effective than MG's in some situations. If you're worried about switching back to AP from HE...
  6. K

WWII photos/maps of Seelow Heights?

I'm in the early stage of creating this map and am looking for additional data for it. I recall seeing pictures of the Seelow village taken during 1943-44, from an antiques dealer sometime back. I do know that the ridge was terraced about 100 yards north-to-south on two levels. There were...
  7. K

Tactics PTR as a sniper rifle?

I've had some good success against the Germans with this in the Basokova Tank map. With the close proximity of combat it works well if you're concealed. In the Barashaka map, it would be interesting to have a simple 4x scope on it since the ranges are greater and more difficult with the iron...
  8. K

Tank ignition kill switch?

I know the topic of "tank stealing" has been brought up(other definitions) in this forum already. There are many solutions, but none really designed to discourage it completely. For us solo tankers, why can't the RO techs design a binding key that prevents a tankjacker from driving away by...
  9. K

Leningrad and Moscow maps?

For the future, will these maps be considered? There were battles fought in these regions as you well may know.