• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. N

[Game] Squad (New Game from the Devs of Project Reality)

It's not just that, the game actually gives you the tools to create effective communication. A world apart from RO's dated and weird VOIP system which comes from UT. :IS2: I'm confident SQUAD will show some other developers that realism, fun and commercial success can go hand in hand. ;)
  2. N

Never had problems with it since rebinding it differently from the action key. With longer range engagements it would actually be somewhat useful, also blindfiring would be great in CQB. I can't wait. In the hilly\foresty map (First Light? Fool's Road?) I'm constantly thinking how cool a Winter...
  3. N

Playing SQUAD makes me sad. On one hand you know it will never have RO2's amazing gunplay, movement, infantry animations or cover system, while on the other hand you know that RO2 will never be able to offer the big, open maps or the same kind of tactical, teamwork oriented gameplay that SQUAD...
  4. N

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEBqUSWqyR4 Squad came on Steam Greenlight! Pass the word around and vote! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=402654862
  5. N

[Game] Squad: Teamwork Oriented Multiplayer Shooter

First dev diary out! Talks about ongoing development including tracers, sprinting, reload animations and some awesome VOIP features! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8liv9wVZu1s
  6. N

The PR mod has always had many factions to play with, most of them regular armies and each one with their own national gear and vehicles. I can't see how this could be different. It should be noted that maps with insurgents versus regular army feature true asymmetrical gameplay, while army vs...
  7. N

Developers of the Project Reality modification for Battlefield 2 officially announced their next pursuit: Squad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBdh-1MZ3ww Squad takes the tried and true gameplay developed for PR and takes it to the Unreal Engine, with new features, better graphics and...
  8. N

A thought on encouraging teamwork and squad cohesion

Contrary to popular belief, you can't really lead people into playing in a certain way using points as a carrot at the end of the stick. The correct bait to use is the reason people play games in the first place: fun. While point rewards might work with some people, the end result is very...
  9. N

Positional Audio for crying out loud

Of course. What about the other 60 people in the server who don't use it, don't know it exists and won't even understand the purpose of it? The OP is poorly worded though. It should be titled something like "3D positional VOIP", it's hard to understand we are talking about voice chat as opposed...
  10. N

RO2 lol my debate vs a RO2 critic over at HCP...

Pretty sure I've seen that Flogger23m guy on this forum, and he's right on more than a few things. The harshest criticism for RO always comes from the old fans of the franchise.
  11. N

improve the usefulness and gameplay of leaders and their squads

None of that is required to "win" at this game, the most you can get is people loosely concentrating around an objective rather than a different one. The social aspect you mention is more like playing pretend in RO, you can still run around shooting people in the face while having a good...
  12. N

improve the usefulness and gameplay of leaders and their squads

Most players care the most for good gameplay and the least for point bonuses. I don't see rewards as particularly effective in fostering the kind of gameplay you would like to see, as people always tend to do what is most fun. Thus, the only way to encourage people in playing like a squad, even...
  13. N

Classic is being played! FULL SERVERS!

Don't worry, soon people will realize what "Classic" really means and the situation will be back to normal.
  14. N

New damage system & medic class

Hi, I will be the guy who will just type "suicide" in console, wait 5-6 seconds to respawn and run another 10 seconds back to where I was. E for effort, next.
  15. N

Loads of tl;dr stuff, but it's all imporant.

No, it's not fundamentally flawed. It just boils down to how the bloody maps play out. In the RO mod days the spawn timer was most commonly set at 50 seconds from the server, which meant that every time you died you had to wait 25 seconds on average before spawning in. Now the spawn timer is not...
  16. N

2 paths are set before you

I'd rather take the middle road and have a few new maps that depart from the formula all stock maps seem to follow, with spawn locations set further from objectives and higher (40-50 seconds) spawn timer. Two birds with one stone and an interesting experiment to make, since even custom mappers...
  17. N

Maps, an opinion

I very much agree with the sentiment. RO, however, lacks all... Let's call it "gameplay infrastructure", for such a thing to be possible. For the sake of comparison, let's look at tactical FPS games that allow far greater freedom of maneuver, such as the Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2...
  18. N

RO2 add inside orders a more detailed choice of team and sub team :

I do: tie voice chat to it. If as a regular soldier you were ONLY able to communicate vocally to other squad members, THEN it would start making sense sticking together as a squad. Squad leaders could be able to squad chat and talk to the commander, while the commander would be able to talk to...
  19. N

What scenario do YOU want for Red Orchestra 3 ?

Fictional war between USA and USSR in the '70s.
  20. N

Merging the Ranked/Unranked server tabs

That's interesting and all, but could you comment on the issue raised by the OP? What is TWI's stance on a change seemingly so small, but with potentially big benefit to modders and the community? Will TW ever merge those tabs or at least explain WHY it will not?