• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. I

Kinda new to KF2! I have some questions

Wait, they had wanted to "fix" med nades working through doors? Why not fix things that are actually broken... lol. But yeah, still works without an issue [TWI - please don't touch this]
  2. I

Good advice for a new player right here - don't weld for the sake of welding, especially on higher difficulties. It just creates death traps for teammates lol.
  3. I

Door welding was a much bigger part of the game in KF1, but it still has uses. As Patros already noted, door trapping with Demos can be a useful strategy if you have a cooperative teammate. If you have a Medic or Survivalist they can use the door weld as an opportunity to thin incoming hordes...
  4. I

Please Nerf the Matriarch and buff the SWAT

Yeah, the EDARS continue to be the biggest annoyance in her boss fight. In the few months while I stopped playing it seems most people have come around and figured out how to properly counter her attacks/abilities. A bad EDAR spawn can really ruin your day though unless you catch a lucky...
  5. I

Why the movement speed is a BIG DEAL

This is still going so I'll just add this, it's a game intended for COOP play - "needing a medic" isn't a flawed design in a team environment, especially for the boss fights where the speed is being noted as a disadvantage for some perks. Having a healer/medic or whatever a game may wish to...
  6. I

New to KF2, had some questions.

Welcome to the game. Sounds like you already found a favorite perk - don't be afraid to try out the others though. Unless the game balance changed since last year, I think the M4 is actually statistically better than the AA12, so you may want to give that a try and see how you feel about it...
  7. I

First reasonably priced DLC I've come across in a while..

Lol - I'll never forget those days either. :P
  8. I

First reasonably priced DLC I've come across in a while..

I was happy to see the hemoclobber finally got some skin love [not including the vosh precious skin]. It didn't really amuse me to find it behind an 8 dollar paywall though, as it is amongst several other neon/rgb skins. That being said, it's been a year or so since I've thrown any money at...
  9. I

Why the movement speed is a BIG DEAL

Speed is designed to be the strength in some perks to offset other shortcomings... your findings should have been expected. Something like a demo or a support, for example, were never intended to be able to outrun a boss - especially on the higher difficulties with faster zeds. You're...
  10. I

Hillbilly Horror[s] Christmas event for when ?

We're not even done with Halloween yet man...
  11. I

Wasted money on a game I love...

Lol.. for those who played during launch and paid the inflated prices for precious skins, I can assure you, 100 dollars is nothing to have spent on KF2 if you happen to love mtx. That being said, have you verified game integrity within the game properties in Steam? That has solved the...
  12. I

Is it possible to disable the Halloween event Zed skins? (Ps4)

Yeah, no worries. You're not alone in getting a bit fatigued by the holiday skins - they're a nice change from the default though, if you play daily [imo].
  13. I

Is it possible to disable the Halloween event Zed skins? (Ps4)

You just described the game, regardless of the event... Seasonal events last roughly a month. Skins go back to default afterward.
  14. I

I may be incorrect to take your statement literally, but I don't believe she was ever intended to be a boss you can go "toe to toe" with. Environmental cover is an absolute must in your strategy along with decent team strategy, especially when chipping away at her shield. The issue with...
  15. I

Yes, she does make the other bosses seem easier and in most cases underwhelming. This leads into my remark about suggesting TWI revisit the other bosses for potential tweaks on higher difficulties. The frustration some have with Matriarch is likely largely related to how easy the other bosses...
  16. I

I think the concerns here may be a bit misplaced, but I also think this stems from 2 types of mentalities in the community. - players that expect to reach a point where every boss is easy [or at least not overly challenging] on higher difficulties and most matches are likely to end with a boss...
  17. I

This is definitely part of it.. early on in EA or right around release a lot of people felt Hans was very difficult. I know he was tweaked a bit since then, but most of the "ease" people find with the original 2 bosses is just overall familiarity with fight mechanics.
  18. I

Server No images work for welcome screen

I recall having a very difficult time with this on my server when I had one running... and it's been a while and I forget what the work around was. :( I agree, it seems like something that should be much simpler to set up.
  19. I

Questions I'm curious, events I want and little change

I think their logic was that you would need to "survive" with whatever the game randomly starts you with. That's all I could ever come up with... Flippy is correct - most tend to play wave 1 with the perk of their choice to ensure they receive the weapon they want to start with.
  20. I

Scalable Maximum ZEDs At Time

I'm not sure if the Controlled Difficulty mutator is still being maintained, but it may be something to check out if you're interested [although it may only alter total zeds and not the # allowed to exist at any given time.. i forget]