• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. DirtySpartan

Killing Floor 3 - Announcement Trailer

What will KF3's improvements be focused on compared to KF2/1? Will we get more devlogs like with KF2?
  2. DirtySpartan

Killing Floor 3 - Announcement Trailer

Are you going to be returning more to the roots of the series i.e. KF1? What's the new gore system like?
  3. DirtySpartan

Excuse me? stoner 63A does LESS damage than AR15? Seriously?

Why jump through all those hoops when you can just use a better weapon and good luck finding a good reload window without tac reload on HoE.
  4. DirtySpartan

Excuse me? stoner 63A does LESS damage than AR15? Seriously?

It doesn't excel at trash clearing because you'll get overrun between reloads. It's also hard to go for precise headshots like a blocking gorefiend with it. I was expecting something more in-line with a slow firing high damage m60-ish lmg. Right now a single scar mag does much more damage much...
  5. DirtySpartan

So what if anything are you waiting for out of Killing Floor 2?

I want Tripwire to make doors great again and make the zeds pay for it. Also a total overhaul of zed teleporting, spawn rates and spawn locations so that both camping and kiting is viable again.
  6. DirtySpartan

KF2 Overall

You'd have to be blind to not see the difference between KF1's gritty maps and KF2's sterile design.
  7. DirtySpartan

Level Design KF-Crash - Any takers for a remake for KF2?

I just finished my 45/h week internship and am looking to get back into making maps as a passtime since I have loads of free time at uni 90% of the time. If anyone is seriously willing to commit to making a map I'm definitely up for helping out with it. Would be nice to learn more of modelling...
  8. DirtySpartan

Level Design Whole Scene Dynamic Shadows really low quality

Looks more like an issue with the mesh itself. Why use whole scene dynamic shadows in the first place?
  9. DirtySpartan

Elitism in the community is killing the population

If you're talking headshots then crawlers, stalkers, clots, gorefasts and bloats could all be decapped with two 9mm headshots. Gorefasts in kf2 require 4 9mm headshots. Bloats 6+ afaik. Special version zeds are bullet sponges. SC and FP are damageless bullet sponges. Hans is a instakill melee...
  10. DirtySpartan

Everything is tankier than it was in KF1 and all zeds except stalkers and crawlers also do less damage. Scrakes and fleshpounds do almost no damage and only kill you by trapping you in corners or in groups of teleported zeds. I think KF2's balance and mechanics are whack.
  11. DirtySpartan

Well, scrakes were a bit too easy to kill with flinch/stun chaining but yeah kill combos too. I mostly meant that as a player you could have a sizeable impact on the game. One of my most fun games of kf1 was on transit HoE where we had a afk person and I had to hold a hallway by myself...
  12. DirtySpartan

A good example is trash management. Due to KF2's sanic zeds it mainly becomes a spamfest that punishes close quarters combat (and CQC map design, for that matter.) KF1's zeds overwhelm you with sheer numbers or mismanaged deadly pissed off big zeds. KF2 has crawlers and stalkers trapping you in...
  13. DirtySpartan

Would be great if there were mechanics you could improve in as a player, like in KF1, which is what made it so fun and longlasting.
  14. DirtySpartan

KF2 Overall

Do you even bulk. KF2 is a ok/good game with very good fundamentals, not always good gameplay mechanics or design choices and some horrendous systems (crates, paywalled weapons). It is also definitely not KF2.0. It is definitely playable and you can have some fun with it but its replayability...
  15. DirtySpartan

Level Design [WIP] KF-Witching Hour

Looks great! I'll be sure to give my feedback once it's in beta.
  16. DirtySpartan

WWAUT - Fleshing Out SWAT

Not gonna lie, I was expecting something different from the 10 planned perks than splitting existing perks up into two roles. This only makes the grind worse, takes options away from the player and makes it harder to come up with good perk skills. At least there's new guns.
  17. DirtySpartan

Hell on Earth players feedback

Nerfs to popular map spots, most of the areas on most maps right now aren't even seen during the wave because kiting has been telefragged Bringing kiting back More zeds that do more damage but have less health Coupled with the previous one, slightly slower zeds so the gameplay feels more...
  18. DirtySpartan

Thoughts on the direction of the game

Your enthusiasm is appreciated and KF2 has great potential. As long as you steer clear of any more anti-player/anti-consumer stuff things should turn out alright. Also remember that almost every person writing negative things wants the game to improve and succeed.
  19. DirtySpartan

It's just not very fun right now (1035)

Except it comes pretty close to being forced and there's nothing fun about forcing team play and cooperation. 'Team play' like in KF1, where people held out different sides, covered each other and focused on different things they excelled at like holding down doors, cleaning out big groups of...
  20. DirtySpartan

beta teleport?

Teleporting a few clots infront of you when kiting is about as far as teleporting should go if TWI wants to keep it in instead of creating an actual solution to whatever problem they think it is solving.