• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Grenator

RO2 Hammer and sickle symbol

Hey, I bet Napoleon caused tons of people to die, and he conquered most of Europe, the bastard! Let's shun all that is French! If you fail to see the difference between the Nazi symbols (which were banned in some places exactly because people like you
  2. Grenator

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Since you mention the updated uniform, is there a chance you guys could look into the awful shoulder straps on the Soviet summer uniforms
  3. Grenator

First look at the MG42 and the New Tanks

No, you don't, and you're still beating a strawman. If you seriously think that what's unrealistic for a weapon that weighs over 12 kg and is not used for its main intended purpose, and what's unrealistic for a weapon that weighs 3.5
  4. Grenator

Do you want to contribute to this discussion or just show off your strawman-beating skills? And if you think that being able to jump and run and turn around and then immediately accurately hit the same dot on the screen as always is as unrealistic for this particular weapon as for the weapons...
  5. Grenator

This is funny. No, it isn't as effective as the real weapon. From what I've seen, it's absolutely and incredibly more effective than the real weapon.
  6. Grenator

The Future of Tanking! (or maybe not?)

I've already voiced my support for armoured cars, but I think that light tanks would also be lovely – and make a great reason to shift into Barbarossa and the general 1941 setting. Well, the fact that the game shouldn't be considered from the viewpoint of just the Battle of Stalingrad has been...
  7. Grenator

Why arent more people playing IOM Mod

It's already automatic. It's just that currently you have to alter a config file for some new textures to be displayed properly, so most likely it's something temporary anyway.
  8. Grenator

That's how it should be. Most hand grenades (WWII and modern) will guarantee hits against a standing target at 3–5 metres. Beyond that – it's very much a gamble. If a grenade doesn't fragment very evenly, there will be a bunch of larger fragments that will fly further than that, and maybe one...
  9. Grenator

Here's my bit regarding the armour and penetration debate. The primary purpose of the breastplate definitely wasn't to stop bullets (and neither it is for the more modern standard issue vests
  10. Grenator

The Future of Tanking! (or maybe not?)

Voted armoured cars. These vehicles are probably some of the most under-represented WWII vehicles, despite the fact that they were very common (they made more BA-64's than T-70's, for example). They would fit perfectly into the scale of RO2 combat, and the kind of maps that this game really...
  11. Grenator

Should only the player with the fastest PC get SL, Mg, Sniper? NO - A Solution!

Good analogy, and like with any plutocracy most of the crucial roles are swarmed by selfish idiots.
  12. Grenator

Community Spotlight - Amazing video by the 29th ID

5:15 Oh, come on, the Japanese guy would have seen the peripheral marker. :)
  13. Grenator

Necklace AT mines as option for Engineer role

Nope. From what I've read RPG-41 has only about a 5 mm advantage in penetration over RPG-40, so in practice it wasn't significantly more effective, was unpopular (total weight 2 kilos) and quickly fell out of use. In general, the AT grenades, and also Molotov cocktails were more a way to boost...
  14. Grenator

Even if there was an equivalent, this grenade is very weak, and it would never be able to break tank tracks on its own with just half a kilo of explosives. Immobilising wheeled vehicles
  15. Grenator

RO2 Disciplinary uniform for cheaters/hackers

Personally, I'm not interested in humiliating cheaters or making them objects of ridicule. (The idea that you might want to do something like that to someone else betrays a reprehensible personality in yourself.) I just want them out of the game, plain and simple. Exactly. They didn't.
  16. Grenator

Yes, let's take away 6 kilos of satchels and load up to 60 kilos of mines. :D
  17. Grenator

Pretty neat! Is it going to have realistic dimensions? (I'm asking, because PTRS in the game doesn't.)
  18. Grenator

Special naval landing forces not with accurate uniforms or helmets

Yes, make ten more threads about it, make the forum a more exciting place.
  19. Grenator

Ditch the Terminated system please!

The original post actually is a perfect testament to why this '****' shouldn't be fixed.
  20. Grenator

SNLF not accurately portrayed

While the original looks quite nice and refreshing, I'm not surprised it was not released this way. This skin is asking for teamkills.