• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. M

Enemies HP to Not Scale Up with Difficulty

Conventionally speaking: Bot teammates; so the variance in enemy health will be minimal. What I have been thinking though, is for the difficulty levels to inherently possess as little difference like health, damage, movement speed, between them as possible, instead, the game will primarily use...
  2. M

Boy did we have it good, where did it all go?

There's nothing wrong with nostalgia itself, as it can add extra value to what would otherwise be plain content. However, nostalgia is subjective, which renders the objective outcome of the resources spent in "adding new content" not achieving its maximum. We can't change the past, but (I feel)...
  3. M

Kinda new to KF2! I have some questions

Doors have actual hidden health separated from the seal integrity, which will lead to the destruction of them even if sealed. This means sealing doors can only hold off enemy offensive temporarily, which can give you some direly needed breathing room if done right to win the battle - but not the...
  4. M

Boy did we have it good, where did it all go?

In (my own) retrospect, KF2 had an amazing outlook in contrast to the first game. Like -- the evolved gore and animation, the skill tree, deeper melee gameplay, even dancing barley with the Scrake was oddly fun, so I was able to look past the nostalgia and embrace the new in spite of some...
  5. M

ARMOR MODS

I'm serious O_>O Yes. Keep in mind that purchasing armor mod won't fill your armor points. And you can equip two different mods, except those stackable ones, at a time. 100+150 This option is for literally tanking the damage (at the expense of armor points and dosh), but those degrees of...
  6. M

ARMOR MODS

ARMOR MODS Basically passive bonus(es) that work around armor. Armor mod works separately from the actual armor value; you still need the latter for actual damage mitigation. One can have/install 2 armor mods at a time. Installed armor mods are lost upon death. All cons disabled/paused during...
  7. M

in regards to no more characters, can we at least expect more lines for the final lineup?

I don't think so, I mean it's definitely nothing like something that most devs can do with minimal effort/resource, unless it can all be done in-house then it's noticeably cheaper but still troublesome to do. Contrary to animation can be quickly scanned with a webcam then slowly handcrafted, or...
  8. M

Syringe Healing (Q)

It's never meant to be enough if you're not playing as Field Medic; whilst personal skill is important in KF, the game also has an emphasis on co-op.
  9. M

Syringe Healing (Q)

20 health per injection on a 15/7.5s cooldown should be fairly balanced given syringe is supposed to be a basic means of healing, and it'll take a proficient perk, namely the Field Medic, to heal someone by a major amount with only a syringe. As for the cooldown, I'm don't have anything to say...
  10. M

SWAT as a second medic?

In my past experience, I actually fookin tried to make SWAT as an even more combat-oriented combat medic work. Allow me to jump to conclusions: It works moderately well as a secondary medic alongside a maxed-healing primary medic, but we all know the typical condition is that a maxed-healing...
  11. M

Sharpshooter needs a rebuilding.

I think Sharpshooter is fine as far as performance goes. It is suppose to be in clunky in some way and at a degree that'll keep its one-shot power from getting rampant and untamed. I mean this by large Zeds are the central pillar for keeping the game's gameplay somewhat challenging even for the...
  12. M

Mac 10 uselessness problem and ways to solve it

Mac-10 is never meant to be flame-wise more powerful than your go-to slash standard flame-based weapon like C&B and Flamethrower -- nor bullet-wise more potent than something like a MP5, its "use" is adding the bullet element to the arsenal of its proficient perk -- so that Firebug could be more...
  13. M

Riot Gun

Disclaimer: I just came across this in my note the other day and decided to share. There might be potential, but don't take it... like... dead-seriously. I mean, at least it would be easy to be implemented as a HRG option. Yea I figured this out a couple years ago, which is the fact that...
  14. M

KF2, Tower Defense in Disguise

yes . _ .
  15. M

Riot Gun

A less-lethal tier-1.5 option for Support and Sharpshooter. Use the SG500 model, give it a stock, paint it orange. Per shot damage = 55*1 Penetration power = 0 Stumble power = 200 Stun power = 65
  16. M

(I thought) I was just being concise, if that left too much room for unnecessary interpretation then you needn't to explain yourself; as in we could just handle it by not handling it. For everything else, I can see how KF2 is similar -- or might as well just be a TD game, but then again that's...
  17. M

No you're not, you're just being too quick to say Bioshock being a re-skin of Half-Life or any FPS being a Doom-clone.
  18. M

bug

Translation: Game character (perk) cannot be leveled, (it) turns to prestige 0 lvl 0 after exiting to main menu. Judging from the wording "prestige", my guess is on KF2.