• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

RS and unlocks/leveling?

Just curious as to whether the same HOS-style unlock and leveling system is present in RS. Does your avatar still get "better" (e.g., faster reloads, iron-sighting, etc.)? Do you still unlock weapons rather than just minor weapon customization (e.g. new guns vs. trigger guards for existing guns)?
  2. S

Squad Leader Weapon Selection

Ok, this may seem counter-intuitive to a lot of people, but I've been thinking lately that the Squad Leader ought to be able to have a bolt action weapon as an option, instead of simply an SMG or semi-auto. It's nice to have those options, sure, but in some cases, a bolt is really preferable...
  3. S

Idea for New Forum Section: Mod/Mutator Suggestions

There've been a TON of ideas posted in this section of the forum (or moved here from other sections). From the ubiquitous "King Tiger" threads to various suggestions about more realistic interface options, people are always coming up with new ideas (or rehashing old ones because they didn't use...
  4. S

Been mentioned before but, jeez....Arad...

Servers still apparently run this map, and people apparently still vote for it. Thing is, most of the time it's a Russian victory in less than 2 minutes. Load up each clown car with a tank commander or squad leader, and you can zip over to the cap zones and grab them before the Germans can...
  5. S

Tank momentum/shocks

A friend of mine tried out the free trial and had an interesting point -- none of the tanks (or indeed any of the vehicles) model shock absorbers. This results in tanks bouncing around in fairly drastic ways when they probably shouldn't be. IE: if I drive over a small bump in the road in my...
  6. S

Taking out Tigers on Orel 88v76

I'm betting some Allied players are having a real bear of a time dealing with Tigers. I'm seeing stories by various Tiger drivers about how they totally destroyed like 17 tanks, and took 1500 shots and no damage. I suspect this is due to Allies not understanding the realities of their...
  7. S

Favorite and least favorite official maps?

Simple question. What're your favs and least favs. Fav: Bondarevo Awesome combined arms map with nicely balanced tank vs. tank combat. Infantry combat around the farm can get interesting too. Stalingrad Kessel & Krasnyi Oktyabr Classics. Nice variety of approaches to the objectives...
  8. S

How much for WWI/WWII era rifles?

Just wondering about how much a shooter would run. I'm completely new to collecting and shooting for that matter and am curious as to how much, say, an SMLE Mk III or Mk III* would run. Anyone? Bueller?