• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. C

Small Sniper Rant

My sniper ranting is generally limited to wondering why the German sniper gets 6 spare clips, whereas the Russian sniper gets 9. Edit: Oh, and before someone says "Ammo amounts in RO are realistic!", from what I've found after ten minutes of searching in Google, it would appear a German...
  2. C

Explosive ammunition

No, they don't, considering military rounds are regular old FMJ. The 'shock wave' doesn't actually do anything, because most of the body is quite elastic. It might warp for a millisecond, but that doesn't make you immediately die. After all, do you die when you get punched in the arm? That...
  3. C

Explosive ammunition

I'd take that source with a grain of salt, since, you know... ... is a little bit strange. Of course, then he talks about home-defence with a Mosin Nagant and aiming for the skull because the attacker might be wearing body armor. Oh, and if they're close, he'll get them with a bayonet. He seems...
  4. C

Am I really the only one who hates tanks?

Tanks are terrible. It depresses me to see that, sometimes, the only servers full in RO are 24/7 tank-only servers. Looking at the status of the Arad-only server makes me want to vomit.
  5. C

Axis / Team stacking The Thread Reborn

Woah, less players on a team that's out of reinforcements? Color me suprised! We must stop this wave of German fanboyism at once.
  6. C

Volley Sights on rifles

Volley sights were meant to just bombard enemy positions with bullets. They weren't for accuracy. Hundreds (or in some cases, thousands) of men, together, would fire using their volley sights all at once in an attempt to pin down an enemy position. British volley sights had graduations marking...
  7. C

REQ: Panzer IV H German Medium Tank Datasheet

Skirts are absolutely useless ingame except against panzerfausts. Just use the F2 datasheets.
  8. C

all these guys say, "fix my Tiger"

Whereas, in game, the opposite is true!
  9. C

The mighty T-34

Wait a minute, the German L/43 and L/48 guns had penetration values of around 80-90mm at 1000 meters. How is destroying a T-34 at that range "theoretically" impossible? The T-34 in game DOES have the L/42 gun. It's called the F-34. Every production variant of the T-34/76 had it. Only the...
  10. C

Grenade Discussion (Merged About 3000 Times)

Trying to stab someone while they strafe back and forth and throw both of their grenades at your feet is not very realistic, no.
  11. C

What is the ingame penetration of the PTR and the T-60's 20 mm?

Er... you DO see almost every tank penetrated. PTRD can obliterate any tank in the game from the sides, and most of them from the front.
  12. C

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

I want a T-26, SU-85, StuG III G with saukopf mantlet and coaxial machinegun, a Nashorn or Marder variant, a Hetzer, a Tiger II, and an SU-100. I don't think I'm really biased. I just want more vehicles that I think would be balanced. Of course, before anything new gets added, I want the...
  13. C

Numerical superiority

Okay.
  14. C

Numerical superiority

Sorry, I guess I excellently misinterpreted as being hilariously condescending*. I suppose you believe I just misquoted you again, and the fact that you said that does not matter at all. Just like how you referenced Odessa and Stalingrad and then said you'd like the teams to be 24 Russians vs...
  15. C

Tank Killing Question

If it was propaganda, it'd probably a hell of a lot easier to find information about it. But I can't find anything that confirms or disproves it, other than the fact that the abteilung was in the area at the time. Well, I guess the fact that it was apparently a shot from nearly 3 miles away...
  16. C

Tank Killing Question

Since you've apparently taken this quite seriously, please note that I said it was reported to have done that. I'm not going to bother finding "hard, peer reviewed historical sources" for a singular event involving an anti-tank unit on the Eastern front; a subject which is not exactly covered in...
  17. C

Numerical superiority

Hey, guess what Mr. Thread Necromancer: Both those battles have a large Russian advantage in terms of total reinforcements in RO. The total amount of players playing in game does not change that. In fact the team with more players loses reinforcements faster, so if the Germans DO have more...
  18. C

Tank Killing Question

LOL!!!!
  19. C

Tank Killing Question

Generally, never try to outshoot an angled Russian tank. Always try to flank them. For reasons which I will not mention here* the tactics employed by the Russians in the actual war must be used by the Germans in RO. German tanks must assault and outflank the Russian tanks simply because Russian...