• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. K

Can we has realistic feeling?

I see all the threads about how we seemingly want realistically deafening sounds in RO2... just like in real life. About how the rifles aren't loud enough and/or don't sound exactly like their real life counterparts... I got an idea! How about we have realistic feeling too? That would be...
  2. K

RO2 SVT40 distant sounds

I've noticed that with every other rifle in game, there is a distant sound of them when firing. The kar98, gewehr 41, mosin nagant, all of them have distinct sounds you can hear from across the map. But the SVT40 as far as I can tell only can be heard when you are close to it. Is there a reason...
  3. K

Red Orchestra 3 with epic battles

RO3 should be a massively multiplayer shooter with an entire map of stalingrad and hundreds of players in it. Likely a pipe dream, yes. I realize how hard it is to make successful MMOFPS games (look at WWII:OL...it's on its last leg and needs a mercy shot to the head). The difference between...
  4. K

In real life, all guns sound the same!

I think hardly no guns in RO2 or any video games actually sound like guns in real life. When at a gun range, I can't hear the difference between a mosin, sks, 30-06, ar15, and even some larger pistols. It's just a boom followed by sharp pain and ringing in the ears. Sounds in RO2 have...
  5. K

RO2 What are your gameplay hours??

I got my money worth out of RO2 more than any other game... EVER. Approaching 153 hours of gameplay and I still am having fun since RS came out. Granted...I suck and have a 0.20 K/D ratio, and can often be found accidently flaming my team mates... But I still have loads of FUN. :D Take THAT...
  6. K

Is aiming too steady?

Anyone else who shoots big, heavy battle rifles of WWII in real life would know that they are long, awkward, and heavy. Nothing at all like todays military rifles. I know when I'm shooting I have to time my shooting when my gun wobbles over the target.... Especially at the 100 yard line or...
  7. K

RS Flamethrower underpowered?

I've hit people directly with the flamethrower (or the general position they're in) and I get no kill. It doesnt seem to want to kill anyone if they're more than 10m away. :mad:
  8. K

Stalingrad Footage

Here is some "stalingrad footage" on youtube. Looks ALOT like RO2.. But did this russian at 1:24 really get wasted by some bullet or is it just a "propaganda film" for the Germans? Battle for Stalingrad color footage - YouTube If you look close around the 1:24 mark, the dude buckles up when...
  9. K

RS Give an option to choose menu music!!

Just a suggestion for TWI. Some of us enjoy the original RO2 theme better than the new RS music... I miss it :( Why not give us an option in the sound menu to choose which menu theme to play? I know it sounds like a frivolous waste of time, but the menu music really sets the mood for what you...
  10. K

RS Hard to see Type 99 sights...

Does anyone else have a very hard time seeing the Type 99 rifle sights?? The type 38 rifle is really easy to see the sights no matter what you are looking at IMO. Is there something that can be done to help see the sights better or is it just how the rifle is??
  11. K

RS Hit detection needs work

I can count at least 6 times in my past recent games to where I shot a marine in the chest/abdomen with my arisaka 99 and it did nothing. No blood splat. Not even a point for a kill assist later. So I know the hit wasn't registered at all. I don't know if it happens often on the marine side...
  12. K

RS I love this game!

I missed the good days of RO2:HS because my hardware was malfunctioning and giving me horrible performance. Now there are hardly any RO2 servers with a good population......BUT RS makes up for this three fold. My hardware is fixed and I have never experienced RO2 in this amazing way before!! And...
  13. K

RS RO2 and RS performance pisses me off... no more :)

I went out and upgraded my hard drive to a SSD, put both my OS and RS on it... And I still get low fps and lag. My fps averages under 8 most of the time on 64 players servers. My computer is well more than capable to max this game out or close enough to it. Core i5 2500k 8 gb RAM SSD (both OS...
  14. K

Can someone please remake gorlitz?

IMO the best map from RO1. You can't beat the sound of the soviets t34 that sounds like one of those death machines from War of the Worlds as it creeps towards the german positions! Good map. Good times :(
  15. K

Good price for a K98 mauser?

At a local gun shop, I come across a K98 rifle that has no finish left on the wood and no bluing on the rifle. It is marked a Duv 42 on the barrel and I'm wondering if this is a good buy for $259? The rifle looks like it has been through all of hell and back. I don't know if it will shoot well...
  16. K

I give up at this game

I've had this game since this past summer and it became unplayable after a patch at some point in time. To this day it is still unplayable, and TWI has done nothing to fix it. I've seen youtube videos of people with identical systems as mine that have graphics hiked up to ultra and they get...
  17. K

Why does the G41 sound lower pitched than K98?

In RO2 the g41 has a very distinct bassy sound to it that can be heard across the map. The K98 sounds more like a higher pitched crack without any bass sound to it. Just curious why it sounds like that? They both shoot the same ammo??
  18. K

[Question] Why does RO2 stutter horribly?

When it's not stuttering my fps is great. But unfortunately the game is unplayable because it stutters trying to run, move, or aim. By stutter I mean it locks or freezes up during movement and unfreezes. It's really hard to explain but hopefully people know what I mean... Any ideas on how to...
  19. K

Joining a game needs fixed

My computer is decently fast....my load time is usually around a minute. But if there are 63/64 people on a server and I join, it starts to load the map but by the time its finished, someone else apparently has a lightning fast computer and I get a "server is full message" because they loaded it...
  20. K

Iron sites are too steady IMO

Especially for the mosin nagant. I have the pleasure of owning a 91/30 and I can say that thing is like holding a long 2x4. I move around much more than the game characters do when shooting free handed. The Russians in RO2 can pretty much hold their weapon with the sites barely moving at all...