• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. O

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

Yup. Nothing kills a full server faster than Caen Outskirts. I'd like to see server admins remove the map from rotation until the crashing is fixed for everyone. HotW is already pretty barren, god knows we don't need stuff like this.
  2. O

RS Game lags when using mic

Probably caused by sound drivers. I had the same problem with my Realtek onboard codec. When I opted to not install the Realtek driver but use W7 generic audio driver instead, the problem went away.
  3. O

Raw mouse input

Thanks. It's nice to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. :D
  4. O

Raw mouse input

Super. As long as players will be able to turn it off, which apparently is confirmed, I'll be golden.
  5. O

Raw mouse input

Yeah I understand that they're not mutually exclusive, but like I explained, the free aim system in this particular game causes pseudo negative mouse acceleration. Sensitivity is not consistent across the entirety of screen space.
  6. O

Raw mouse input

Yup! I mentioned this as a compromise I can accept if the devs won't allow us to disable free aim completely.
  7. O

Raw mouse input

CoD or the population of this game has nothing to do with it. It's a QoL request. Every PC FPS game on the market has raw input. Many reviewers like TotalBiscuit will rip a game if it doesn't have it because it's as basic as bindable controls or adjustable graphics settings. Choice is never a...
  8. O

Raw mouse input

I respectfully disagree that free aim is helpful or preferable over raw input in any situation due to muscle memory. And actually free aim is much more noticeable in ADS than in hipfire if one sets their ADS sensitivity to 100% of hipfire sensitivity like I do. Most people just don't notice it...
  9. O

Raw mouse input

Please get rid of the free aim system in ADS present in RO2/RS. Or at least give players the option for raw mouse input so those who like free aiming can use it and those who hate it/find it unbearable can enjoy the game. For those who aren't aware, raw input refers to a 1:1 ratio between mouse...
  10. O

[Crash] Caen Outskirts nonstop crashing

Yeah I just read the sticky in the Steam HotW discussions. That's sad. Hopefully Caen memory usage can be optimized further or RO2.exe can get LAA flag.
  11. O

[Crash] Caen Outskirts nonstop crashing

I've yet to play more than 30 seconds on this map before it crashes to desktop. All other HotW/RO2/RS maps are fine. :confused:
  12. O

Aimed/zoomed sensitivity problem

Found out it's by design. This game has a free aim system when aiming down sights/scopes in all game modes except Action and singleplayer. Sensitivity is much higher in the center of the screen than on the periphery, and the gun model is somewhat decoupled from the player viewpoint when moving...
  13. O

Aimed/zoomed sensitivity problem

Never mind, figured it out. The culprit is pseudo negative mouse acceleration caused by the game's free aim system in ADS. Basically I'm trying to match my ADS sens with my hipfire sens since that is my preference in all FPS games (helps immensely with accuracy and muscle memory). To that end...
  14. O

Same deal with the Americans yelling about Tojo and "these Japs are cowards, they hide in caves..." and so on. It was funny, then I remembered this mod uses Rising Storm assets. :D
  15. O

Hope Oosterbeek will be optimized more, getting FPS drops with low CPU and GPU usage in and around Hotel Hartenstein.
  16. O

[Question] Getting FPS drops/micro-stuttering mostly while running / moving

This game isn't like most games though, it's quite single-threaded. A stock 3570K is iffy with a 780. Try overclocking the CPU and see if perf improves.
  17. O

[Question] Getting FPS drops/micro-stuttering mostly while running / moving

High ping maybe? CPU bottleneck?
  18. O

[Question] RO2/RS running poorly on ATI R9 270X

What CPU? AMD drivers have significantly higher overhead than Nvidia drivers in pre-DX12 games.