• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Bane5

Saigon needs lockdown disabled on the final capture point.

The new Saigon map is quite nice, but there are a few problems. The last capzone is notoriously hard to take. This is not a problem since the huge ticket gap between attack/defender means that attackers must win the final cap by depleting reinforcements while defenders must win on the match...
  2. Bane5

Bringing back the RS1 Knee Mortar could help differentiate the NLF from the PAVN

Why pick the NLF on attack? NLF has excellent defensive options, but for offensive actions, players to tend to vote PAVN exclusively. But an incentive can be given if we represent some leftover Japanese equipment from WW2 that trickled into viet cong stockpiles. The knee mortar was one such...
  3. Bane5

Tet Offensive Event for Campaign Balance

The campaign features unique powers that can be voted on every few rounds. The Southern side's power eliminates a territory from the enemy pool on a failed battle whereas the Northern side can begin an assault with half manpower cost. It is my opinion that the Southern side's special ability is...
  4. Bane5

More Foliage and Environmental Sounds would Greatly Improve Jungle Fighting

Bushes, shrubbery, and undergrowth are overpowered in this game. As it stands, they are every ninja backline infiltrator's best friend with no strings attached. In-game I can just sit in a line of bushes moving in and out to take shots at unsuspecting attackers, killing 10, 15, or even 20 enemy...
  5. Bane5

Main Menu Music: Oriental & Vietnamese Tracks to Balance things out

If you read reddit and the steam forums, I've seen some suggestions for more main menu music tracks; however, the issue of royalties and costs always comes up. But in the midst of this, I think everyone is missing a potential opportunity. We can add oriental & Vietnamese themed tracks without...
  6. Bane5

Regarding Map Balance: Defenders Lopsided

Many people have noticed that the defenders in RS2 tend to win in territory maps. The last full lobby Hue City game I played, Vietnamese had 350 tickets to the US' 100 when the time ran out. Seeing the attackers win was a rare occurrence and usually only happened as servers were filling up...
  7. Bane5

Improved Lighting/Shadows/Contrast would Greatly Improve the Visual Appeal of RS2

Rising Storm 2 offers some impressive vistas. Hue city is serene and beautiful despite the rubble. Hamburger hill is imposing in its sheer size and devastation from shelling. New artillery, explosion, smoke, particles, and more recently gun/explosion sounds have really amped up the immersion in...
  8. Bane5

Supremacy gamemode needs adjustment - ends too fast

Playing this BETA wave, I am noticing that supremacy games on song be tend to end within 8 minutes with about 300 or more tickets left--usually with the Vietnamese winning by capturing every single objective. A big problem boils down to the pacing of the map. Half way through, by the time the US...
  9. Bane5

The in-game UI needs a MAJOR overhaul: Pretty Pictures and Ideas Inside!

From the previews seen so far, Rising Storm 2's UI seems rather cluttered. Upon bleeding, we are presented with large text message in the middle of the screen like this: When viewing the locations of map objectives, the icons are large and tend to obscure the player's view. As can be seen...
  10. Bane5

Regarding Map Design (visually) in Rising Storm

Part 3: Map Visuals and Aesthetics --------- This thread is about map design regarding how it looks aesthetically. For the most part, Red Orchestra 2 nails that look and feel of a city at war aesthetically. Ruins are everywhere in Stalingrad. Fallen Fighter's open terrain is brutal...
  11. Bane5

Voice Acting Needs to be Improved from RS1

Voice Acting Improvements --------- Red orchestra 2 when it was released into BETA, was fondly remembered as PTSD simulator online. Seeing it called as such on PC gamer comment sections and posts on reddit led me to buy it originally. Such a shame that death moans and such became broken and...
  12. Bane5

Uniforms and Weapons in Rising Storm look too smooth

I posted this in another big thread, but I'll post here as well for more visibility. I will also post several other threads regarding the "weaknesses" of rising storm 1 and how they can be improved. Part 1: Character and Weapon Models are too smooth ---------------- I watched the new trailer...
  13. Bane5

Rising Storm 2/RO could learn a lot from SQUAD

For those of you who don't know, there is a new tactical modern warfare FPS out there called SQUAD. A 50v50 game in UE4 made by the devs of project reality. The game has been well received, and there's big overlap between the audiences of SQUAD and soon-to-be RS2. It is only in anti-matter...
  14. Bane5

Did they change Hans to not shoot?

Something I noticed since the big update happened, The boss Hans Volter doesn't always shoot his dual MkB-42s anymore. He pulls them out and then doesn't shoot. He only fires during the first phase before he drains someone. After that, I don't see him fire his guns despite pulling them out...
  15. Bane5

Proning, Crouching, Sliding, Cover System, Movement Thread

From the trailer Rising Storm 2's E3 thread, I see a lot of animation improvements and more variation. Now seems to be the perfect time to revisit and iterate on how movement works in the game. To start: Red Orchestra 2 is one of the few FPS games that implement sprinting while crouching. This...
  16. Bane5

RO2 I would rather have R03, instead of more expacs

All said in the title^^ Seeing what Tripwire has pulled off with Killing Floor 2, I must say Red Orchestra 3, whenever it comes, will one beast of a game. So much so, that I'd rather Tripwire focus on R03 after KF2 comes out of early access instead of adding new red orchestra 2 expansions. RO2...
  17. Bane5

What new types of Zeds would you like to see in the future?

In the transition from KF1 to KF2, the familiar roster of zeds have returned with some new additions. The added variety to clots is nice, but without a doubt there is room for many new zed types. Most people would categorize zeds according to their power level. I am certain that most people...
  18. Bane5

KF2 Support Perk Choices: Suggestions and Improvements

The ability to choose perks adds a lot of customization; however, for many tiers, some perks outshine others by a long shot. The support class has several must choose options. Here are some ideas to fix the most egregious imbalances in the support class: (all new additions are colored)...
  19. Bane5

More lights need to be destructible

The concept of destructible lights is a nifty idea; however, the mechanic is lacking in the current set of maps. The night vision perk available to some classes is completely useless. Even in the subway of the Paris map, it is still possible to see the zeds when fully dark thanks to some...
  20. Bane5

Tripwire has certainly come a long way with graphics

Tripwire has long been known for good gameplay and realistic gun handling; however, graphics haven't been their strong point in the past. No offense to the hard work on previous titles, but the products have always seemed a bit dated in terms of visuals. There have been glory moments. Watching...