• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

Guess the song in my head V.2

Okay Okay, I've got some actual lyrics now. Just two lines and not sequential but hopefully its enough (i just want to find this song and be done :(). They'll be on the way, I can't stand it Have you ever seen such a heavenly thing
  2. S

@peter.steele I wish it was that easy. I went ballistic when I was looking at the radio for the song info and nothing was displayed. It was the only song that entire trip (at least that I remember) that didn't display some kind of info. Thats the only time I've heard it on a personal...
  3. S

While all nice, none are it. The good, the bad and the ugly il treno militare sounds pretty close but its not either. There's definantly singing in the song, and to my ears it sounds like a good voice, though the harmonica in the song is overpowering. Thats why I have trouble when I catch...
  4. S

It's definantly not the piano man, I know that song well. The song I'm thinking of is practically entirely harmonica (I think theres a bit of guitar), though it does sound sorta like the piano man, but much closer to the song I posted. I can't remember any of the lyrics because they're kinda...
  5. S

It's been a really long while since I've started one of these threads, but I've finally had enough trying to find this song. It's a fiarly slow and sad song from the 70's and the main thing I remember about it is that it has a prominant harmonica in it. It sounds (at least to me) very similar...
  6. S

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

whats the multiplayer like though?
  7. S

Rifle grenades

I think they would be a good idea and make the game more diverse. Look at WWII online and how effective rifle grenades are used. It's a *****-and-a-half to just "noob tube" them and generally you'll die more than you kill. But they have their places and can be very helpful in certain...
  8. S

Character models?

The Germans could definitely use rolled sleeves. Matched up with the uni-brows, these Germans would look like some fierce fighters. :eek:
  9. S

Fake target or helmet trick

You could make it were officers and snipers are the only one's able to do it, being the closest thing to a spotter (officer is an FO, sniper has a scope) RO has. I'd assume, on average, that it would be better for your average joe-blo to either just peek, peek and shoot, just shoot or throw a...
  10. S

Atmospheric suggestions

30 km/h is very modest. I can throw a baseball 85mph (137km/h) and that weighs about 5 ounces. .53 kg's is about 19 ounces, which is 10 ounces lighter than an average baseball bat (28-30 ounces) and I'm certain I could throw one at 50mph (80km/h) at the very least 30mph (48km/h) (judging by...
  11. S

Please add bullet penetration

AA3 has pretty good material penetration aspects as well. It would be worth checking out.
  12. S

Death Animations

I think Left 4 Dead did a superb job blending death animations and ragdolls. It would be a good reference.
  13. S

Aim-FOV/Zoom & IFF [Long]

I think some of y'all should read the posts made by dslyecxi in a previous thread about this same subject. IS zoom is realistic in the sense that it gives you the sight picture you would have in real life. I have shot thousands of rounds out of guns and seeing what you shoot at in real life is...
  14. S

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

What's so funny about the Korean ripoff of TF2 is that it actually looks pretty fun (maybe more fun). Putting the fact that its anime dolls aside; the weapons seem to give the sense of weight and recoil, which is a big plus when everything else about the game is essentially TF2. That and it...
  15. S

Upgrading to Vista 64bit

I agree with this statement. I've heard very good things about windows 7 and I don't think it will be very long till it gets released.
  16. S

Germany gone off the deep end?

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/formats/xbox360/all-violent-video-games-be-banned-in-germany-$1301757.htm Oh Germany. Not really sure how credible it is, but it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable. Can't really think of a single game I have or don't have thats good that doesn't involve...
  17. S

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

So I was browsing youtube when I stumbled upon this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsFY2T-ZdbY&feature=related DONKEYFAUST!! (well, close enough :D) What.
  18. S

Cheapest headset to buy for RO

I have; used them before I got my Koss Sb40's. Trust me, at that price, go with the Sb40's; the difference in detail, bass and just overall sound quality is huge.
  19. S

Cheapest headset to buy for RO

My god, don't even think about getting those for gaming! :eek: :D For the best of the budget (and very close to the mid-line) you basically have two choices; either a Koss Sb-40 or JVC-HARX 700 (900). http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc%5Emm%5ESB40...
  20. S

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

The biggest thing that's ever bugged me was the weapon effects. OFP and ARMA just don't have good looking dust kickup/bullet striking/ explosion effects. They're never violent enough, they just kind of plume some smoke up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm0azEG0CPY If you watch some of the...