• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. X

Who Would Like Some Single Player Scenarios?

I hope so, BeerHunter (great name!). I think the bots could be made more dangerous with some more work. Offline gives you a better opportunity to hone up tactics, and I enjoy a good brawl.
  2. X

Tactics IS-2's HE can kill Tiger!!!

Very interesting, Mikser!
  3. X

Thanks much for the clarification!!!! Regards, XXX
  4. X

Never Assume Anything in Conflict

Conventional wisdom wrong again: http://tinyurl.com/kx4cq
  5. X

Single Player Mode Discussion (Merged Threads)

Two different themes, Mad Mac (1) a suggestion to the powers-that-be, (2) the other a feeler to the community. Posted at the same time---no fishing for favorable reactions. :eek:
  6. X

I'm not unhappy, but I noticed from the forums there are some who are. Was just a thought---system is so excellent thought, maybe, it could capture both markets.
  7. X

When the Maddox group (IL-2 through PACIFIC FIGHTERS) can make AI clever enough to tactically outwit you in a situation as fluid and fast moving as air warfare, I fancy armor and infantry would be do-able. Would also give you an opportunity to command a platoon of tanks. Would appeal to history...
  8. X

A bold claim...

Installed without a hitch and plays with only the customary tiny hiccups I get in any top-grade game. More fun than a barrel of Panzerfausts. :p :p :p :p :p :p
  9. X

Tactics IS-2's HE can kill Tiger!!!

The JS-2 is armed with a huge elephant gun. Steve Zaloga in his little Osprey book on the JS tanks notes that the buggers were really intended for infantry support, not for tank vs tank, and were never made regular equipment of armored units. They were to lay back and blast everything that...
  10. X

Brevity is the truest indicator of a concentrated mind, prolixity is the indicator of a guy who enjoys the image of his long posts. :D
  11. X

Very good AI in CoD2, Capt.Marion. I would have considered it a perfect game but for the ruthless scripting which generally reduced tactics to frontal assaults. To me it is all about fast reflexes.
  12. X

Tank position switch delay

All true but its terrific speed was used by the German experten to leapfrog from one hull-down position to another. Their thin flanks made them terrible assault tanks. This flank armor defect was supposed to be corrected in the Panther II.
  13. X

Right, Zell. I could see this as the high IQ CALLOF DUTY without all the scripting and nonsense that ruins it.
  14. X

I'm liking this

I think a lot of thought went into realistic modeling of terrain. A player soon gets a feel for good hull-down positions for tanks and good terrain for infantry. I was really pleased with the grain fields. As long as the graphics support realistic tactics that's all that's really needed.
  15. X

With its weak flanks, you want to avoid close action with the Panther. Lay back and hammer the Sovs. Use your speed to make fast position changes.
  16. X

Without a doubt the friggin' bots would have to get brain work. Sometimes the AI can be clever---most of the time they clearly are not.
  17. X

Single Player Mode Discussion (Merged Threads) A system this rich could support single-player play easily. It would also offer something for those who are unhappy with online play. Worth considering.
  18. X

I for one would, and they would keep the people who are unhappy with various aspects of online play happy. A system this rich and well designed could support online and offline I would think. :D :D :D
  19. X

For those who enjoy a quick practice scenario to relax after a hard day's grind , imposing a penalty on single tanking would be unfortunate.