• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Reddog

Commissars House, what were they thinking?

This thread ought to be renamed 'RO2 what were they thinking?'
  2. Reddog

MP40 isn't OP

The real truth is that the PPSh is the best gun in the game, thread over.
  3. Reddog

[Series] The Walking Dead

QFT The episode started ****ing brilliantly, gore, tension, more gore, then it turned into a ****ing SAVE THE CHIDRUN cliche and I facepalmed. I hope and pray that the ****ing son dies and the little girl stays missing, kids ruin absolutely everything.
  4. Reddog

[Image] The Picture and GIF thread

Heh Zips was a Steam mod, that explains a lot :IS2:
  5. Reddog

[Game] Project Zomboid

The fact that they did not have version control or some sort of offsite backup is beyond mind boggling, it's into the realms of high level window licking, pants on the head retardation. Especially when there are services like bitbucket that cost nothing. The reaction on twitter was equally as...
  6. Reddog

ICO & Shadow of the Collossus HD

I'm much more interested in the Silent Hill 1 + 2 HD remakes, that is going to be an instabuy for me.
  7. Reddog

TV Shows that shouldn't have been cancelled

The ending was beautiful, I always felt that it ended that way because that is how Tony's life will one day end, he will have no way of knowing when or how it will happen until it's too late.
  8. Reddog

I do not think there is poor hit detection.

This is funny because what's happening here is exactly the same merry-go-round we've had on this issue since the mod and on through RO1. It works like this; - People notice weird instances of bullets not appearing/not doing damage and report it. -TWI says they have no evidence of this happening...
  9. Reddog

You're spot on mate, I've been told by people who have looked at the code that the game actually uses hitscan up to about 20m, then a projectile is spawned at that point to continue on out to long range. Apparently it was also like this in RO1. I think that this is probably a major component...
  10. Reddog

If they got the ballistics right, and that's a big if, then the Nagant with its sights set to 300m should peak at no more than 6 inches high at any point between 0 and 300m, where it should be bang on. At extremely short range the bullet has not reached the peak of it's ballistic arc so it would...
  11. Reddog

Dark Souls! You are already dead...

This game is like that dick friend that you love but who always causes you grief, I haven't started playing it yet because I'm waiting for my housemate to finish before I boost his copy. So far though I've seen the game totally **** him in some hilarious ways which enduced mighty rage, like; -...
  12. Reddog

I've run up to an enemy MG guy reloading is gun on a windowsill, aimed my rifle at his face from 1m away, fired, heard the bullet hit sound and watched him continue merraily reloading without dying. This was in a 32 player game with a ping under 100. There is something very funky about hit...
  13. Reddog

Steve Jobs Passed Away

He was survived by a host of greiving patent lawyers.
  14. Reddog

[Music] Soundgarden

I'm going to Soundwave to see them and SOAD next year.
  15. Reddog

TV Shows that shouldn't have been cancelled

Deadwood x 1,000,000,000 Also The Wire, I ****ing loved every single second of this show, though to be fair it did get a bit silly in season 5. Both of these stand as examples of how intelligent well and written shows can't get anywhere with TV viewers.
  16. Reddog

[Video] Why Red Orchestra 2 Isn't Popular

Since when is throwing a grenade into a room you are about to enter and clear with an SMG spam? In fact assaulting on that map I often put a grenade in those very windows and follow it in, it's better than running in the door which is camped 99.99990276478238% of the time. I say this as...
  17. Reddog

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Some thoughts; - The StG44 was not a rare prototype weapon, it was a mass produced weapon which in RO1 was only featured in late war maps where it was historically accurate. That is why there was no outcry, the mere fact the MKB is in Stalingrad is highly questionable at the outset. Basically...
  18. Reddog

[Game] Battlefield 3

Bahahaahahaha she thinks $1 USD being worth only 0.73 Euros means the US currency is stronger :D The criticisms of Europeans not speaking english whilst barely being able to spell is also pretty damn hilarious.
  19. Reddog

[Game] Battlefield 3

Gawd dangit y'all dirty you-ro-pee-anns stealing mah 'merican mea-gah-hurts, y'all probably trrists.
  20. Reddog

Installed BF3 Open Beta and... unninstalled after 15min.

Loving the fact that the BF3 beta runs on high/ultra settings yet RO2 can barely push medium on my system. Someone at DICE needs to teach TWI how to optimize.