• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. V

Tactics RO:Tactics - Strategic team planning tool (download)

If someone has pics of the maps I'd be happy to create one, or if you have the newest GTactix version with the Map Pack Creator you can make a pack yourself. If you choose to go that route feel free to send me the map pack when it's done and I'll add it to the vault. Either way I'd be happy...
  2. V

Absolutely Zane! You will need to download and use the new version to do this, but that is the whole idea behind the new & redesigned version of the tool. The new version is now called GTactix - to reflect that it is for use with all Games, not just Red Orchestra - and it can be found and...
  3. V

Got the pack, thanks Serpa! Looking forward to more! :D Very sorry to hear that Rehakles. I have had a few sporadic issues that were hard to track down, but am looking into them. Out of curiosity, did the freeze seem to occur on your pc after resizing the window (either dragging the window...
  4. V

Ya definitely. Getting the map pictures is the hardest & most time-consuming part, so if you have those just send them my way and I'll put the pack together from there. Also, if you have pics of any particular icons for the pack, send those too. If you don't have any I'll just add the default...
  5. V

For the map packs you mean? The packs I have done myself I have generally just gone in-game and taken screenshots. Depending on the game, some will show you an overhead map you can take a screenshot of, and some games you have to just try and use free spectate and 'fly' up above the map, then...
  6. V

Hey thanks guys! Serpa: The map packs can be added in at any time, though I don't have that game so it would likely take me a while to find the pictures etc. It would probably be much faster if someone else made the pack and submitted it as most of my time is going into fixes & updates...
  7. V

Hi Rehakles... yikes a month late on my reply, sorry about that. Are you asking about ROTactics or GTactix?? Work/Support on ROTactics has been discontinued, but I am definitely continuing development on GTactix. If you are experiencing trouble/crashes with GTactix I'd by happy to try and...
  8. V

Thanks guys, I appreciate it ;) Well... here it is. First release of GTactix (It was made in Visual Studio 2005 and requires the .NET Framework 2.0) I put up a quick site for it with a link to the download on the main page: www.GTactix.com Or, here is a direct link to the download page...
  9. V

Just a little update.... I am coming down the home stretch on the new evolution of ROTactics. It has been a long time coming but I made a lot of progress in the past few weeks and would say I am within days of release (give or take a few thanks to the holiday). My original vision for an...
  10. V

Tactics How do people feel about switching sides?

I don't like switching sides. I don't really mind if other people take it upon themselves to switch but I personally prefer to just have everyone ignore the team sizes and play the game. Being 4 people down doesn't really mean anything and can easily be overcome with a little teamwork. When I'm...
  11. V

Where is tactic-gaming?

Just a note on the nvida 8x card stuttering... set "World Detail" to low. I have an 8800gtx and if your problem was similar to mine, that setting will fix it. Don't really notice any difference in graphics either. It was worst for me on Danzig... stuttered like mad. Being that we have a 24x7...
  12. V

Most connection issues are related to port forwarding. For more info on port forwarding in general I would recommend http://www.portforward.com. They have a lot of useful info and tutorials on the subject. The ports you need to forward are: TCP 49278 TCP 49300 Something else you could try is...
  13. V

btw Steven, sorry I haven't forgotten about the maps. Actually to be honest, I had gotten distracted working on the new version until someone just reminded me the other day. I hope to either add them in an update soon, or will be ready to release the new version and will include them there. I...
  14. V

Vista comes with .NET framework 2.0 & 3.0 as integrated components so it should have everything it needs already as far as runtimes go. The types of issues you are seeing I think has more to do with security permissions in Vista. Try right-clicking the ROTactics Launcher icon and choose to run...
  15. V

Does Danzig still 'stutter' with 8800GTX?

I'm still on the 158.22 drivers... not the newest but when I turned the world detail up today i was getting some bad stuttering. 8800 GTX OC2. back down to low detail for me :(
  16. V

I'll have a look at the icons. One thing to check is to confirm that everyone is using the same version. In some cases people using different (old) versions are able to connect, but some things like icons and some other functions may produce odd results. If everyone is using version 2.1.7...
  17. V

Hey Steven. Yes, big updates planned in the form of a completely new application. The project is underway, but I am not able to show much at the moment. The problems with the auto-updater should be resolved soon. Some changes with my web host have led to some problems that are being looked...
  18. V

In most cases this problem is due to firewall/router issues. Try making sure the two necessary ports are forwarded and that you have any firewall software either disabled or set to allow communication by the program on the ports. Ports that need forwarding: TCP 49278 TCP 49300
  19. V

Do you have the error message handy, or better yet a screenshot? I recently got vista on one of my home pc's so I will have a look soon... just need a day off ;)
  20. V

Read through this post: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17699 Cordite gives an excellent tutorial on how to do it. This is not the way I captured the images for ROTactics, but it IS how I will do it for the next version. I just went into practice mode and used a few...