• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. A

Another tanking whine

Wow.. way to see it in a rediculous extreme... you simply lower the available PAK slots.. My suggestion was meant to lead to more realistic squad composition... where the hell do you get zero gravity hahahahahaha As for resentment of the 'lucky' tankers.. again.. hahahahaha If you resent...
  2. A

Another tanking whine

IMO it would have tanks fully crewed all the time as an end result. Less tanks, more infantry.. more of a combined arms feel. This idea is not designed to make solo-tanking harder.. it is to make it impossible. Lone Wolf tanks ruin atmosphere in a 'realistic' WW2 game for alot of us and goes...
  3. A

Another tanking whine

I would like to see a change in the game where if you change from driver to gunner etc then it takes a reasonable amont of time to move from one position to the other.
  4. A

Advert GONE off steam!

Had to happen sometime, less publicity is never good though. With the demo coming we should see a new influx of ppl and I would bet some new advertising. I remember the mod days when you could find maybe 2 full servers for about a 4hr stretch per night.. more ppl is goooood.
  5. A

Italian Modification

I just checked the website and it says only US forces for the allies. Has the site not been updated to reflect the above info or has the mod been scaled back to include only American Allies? (Have not read all the posts in this long thread). Very confusing as I see the Sten is still being...
  6. A

Afrika Campaign Mod

Well to get this back on topic... Good luck guys I am really looking forward to this one. Would have posted earlier but when I stop to think of a game with RO's 'feel' but with an SMLE... my fingers start to twitchdl;lch.afp;;
  7. A

BBC to show Nuremberg trial drama

Thx for the heads up. Farce though the trial may have been a good doc on it is still interesting history. Loved World at War, I have the series but bought it on VHS years and years ago before buying DVDs was an option.
  8. A

French in WWII

Wow, usually these forums are a contest to show how much we have all read.. not how little....
  9. A

What browser do you use?

IE 7 Beta Thought I would try it out because I like tabbed browsing, but if you use Firefox, Opera or whatever you still have IE on your comp, need it for Win Updates etc.. Still have a few bugs in it but not too bad, what the hell was free to d-load and use.
  10. A

Realism vs Game Balance

Realism all the way. That is what this game has been about from the start. The 'balance' comes from taking the game as a whole. Sometimes the German postion is stronger, sometimes the Soviet is. Those who want cookie cutter guns and vehicles have many titles to choose from. Those of us who...
  11. A

Unacceptable Loading times!!!!!

I have basically the same setup as what the thread starter posted and get the same load times 2 - 3 mins. (I however do not think "I don't have time for it". We are talking about 2 mins of your life max... when you are sitting down to spend an hour or more playing... 2 mins...) What are the...
  12. A

Grenades don't destroy tanks eh???

No it is NOT irrelevant. What you guys going on about the godmode etc are missing is that the test was not to see how many it takes to kill it. The test had one simple question to prove or disprove. Does a grenade cause damage? Since you cannot be sure if it is doing small increments with...
  13. A

No Score = Better Gameplay?

Because in many cases someone will not contribute to a team effort if they feel they can get a higher score otherwise. This is not the case as often in RO with it's scoring system as it is in other games.
  14. A

Pistols Only?

Amen. Really... to each his own but I have never understood modding the WW2 out of the best WW2 game we got!
  15. A

No Score = Better Gameplay?

That right there is the best reason for no scores, 1 man striving to win the map for himself. Like when someone says "I Win" because they got highest score lol... how about the rest of the team lets you Rambo it and see if "You win" lol
  16. A

Confused About RO's Future

Don't forget that at that time there were many members of the RO-mod development team that were no longer involved by the time Ost was planned. I may be wrong in saying so, but don't think I am, when I say that anything you read about ambitions of the RO devs in the early stages would be the...
  17. A

Does this make me good?

Then Seems like you answer your own question :D
  18. A

Cat protection system needed!

Go to a pet supply store, they have a product designed to make dogs stop chewing on things but I am sure it will work for cats. It is called Bitter Apple spray. Just spray a bit on the cable, kitty gets a taste and doesn't like it.. stops chewing...
  19. A

Who Do You Think Will Win This World Cup...

No pickin' on poor David... :p England
  20. A

Russian Propaganda

Beautiful :D (The stamped date is even my birthday.. just perfect)