• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. B

Poll: What do you prefer: 3D voices or not.

I see no problem with making the voices 3D and the text to everyone. It doesn't change anything really, just lets you know where the person talking is.
  2. B

Jumping over obstacles

Maybe so, but presentation-wise, it's a horrible idea. Those are small objects, especially grass, which are, in a way, expected to let tanks pass through because they offer so little resistance in real life. We're talking about driving through a telephone pole here - a tall object sticking...
  3. B

Jumping over obstacles

That may be acceptable for a mod or a mutator, but RO is now an "official" game and Tripwire is a proper company, and they won't do things half-assed. If a guy just wandered into a game and saw tanks clipping through trees and fences and all other sorts of objects, what do you think he'd think...
  4. B

Jumping over obstacles

Yeah, that feature's really realistic. When I have to climb over a short obstacle in real life, I get a run-up, start sprinting, then dive on top of it, balancing my entire body on my stomach. I then either crawl forward and fall off the side of the obstacle or stand up (supporting myself on...
  5. B

Remove Time limit

The maps are balanced with a time limit in mind - just imagine KonigsPlatz without a time limit. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for the Germans to win.
  6. B

Easy way to add in heavy machine guns

You cannot not have animations. Without animations, it's just a static object in the middle of the screen. It would be impossible to tell if it was deployed or not, or if it was firing, or anything really. Tripwire is a professional company developing a professional game - I very much doubt that...
  7. B

Why and how did you choose your (ingame) nick

I go by "BillyBobJoe[TT]". I got it, what, 6 years ago when some guy I knew at school started going on about "King Billy Bob Joe Isaac the Third". I shortened it down to "Billy Bob Joe" and now I use it for everything. I now have an obsession/fetish with zeppelins (see below >_>), but I don't...
  8. B

Grenade Discussion (Merged About 3000 Times)

I do that anyway. Points? Who cares about points! The Soviet Union must prevail! Cowards will be executed! ..>_>
  9. B

The Wild Bunch & Tripwire Interactive's 50 player test server

Of course, because I live in Australia, I'd have like a 380 ping if I joined. >_< Oh well. Have fun, guys.
  10. B

Australian RO Players Introduce Yourselves Here!

Matty, is it just me or have you been missing from the servers for a while? D: Anyway, I'm Billy Bob Joe. As you can probably guess. Most of the regs on the Australian servers probably know me.
  11. B

Best playercount for pubs

In a pub, the more people there are playing, the more chances there are that you'll get a teamplayer or two to communicate with. 32 players is the way to go.
  12. B

funny quote

"If the enemy is supressing you, charge into the fire and kill them!" Sound advice... ;)
  13. B

Strange stuttering problem

No packet loss. Updating my drivers also didn't seem to do anything. =/
  14. B

Okay. I deleted all my background processes apart from explorer and steam, turned down all my graphics settings and tryed out a server where I got about 50 ping. The problem still occured. =/
  15. B

Please, don't start up the framerate discussion... There's no problem in practice mode at the settings that I play with online. I can't play online with decreased settings right now because the Australian community is very small and people are only online at night, but I'll try it when I see...
  16. B

Realistic environment/weather effects

I like the idea of having stamina depended on the environment, but the falling... I suppose it could seem like a good idea on paper, but is it really that fun for the computer to decide whether you just died or not? You have no control over that sort of thing, apart from walking everywhere, but...
  17. B

I've recently upgraded my system to: GeForce 7600 GT Intel e6400 (dual core 2.13ghz) 2 gigs of DDR2 ram I run RO at max settings, 4x AA and 1280x1024 with framerates of around 50. My ping on the servers I play on is around 60-80. However, every now and then the game will stop for a second, then...
  18. B

Tank Hijacking

My biggest problem isn't when somebody hijacks my tank, which doesn't happen too often, but when I try and join up with another person's tank. If I jump out of my tank for whatever reason and it gets destroyed, and I see an ally tank, I'm not going to try and rambo the enemy with my meer pistol...
  19. B

scoreboard+death message should be disabled

As has been said before, in real life you would know the names of the men around you - you would communicate frequently, relaying positions of the enemy - you would fear for your life. You can't simulate any of those in a videogame, so certain "cheat" measures have to be put in place, such as...
  20. B

Critical error

I'm sorry to dreg this topic up from the past, but after trying all that has been suggested, I'm still no closer to figuring out what exactly is going on. Here's the latest error report: Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48] OS: Windows 2000 5.0 (Build: 2195) CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown...