• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. B

attached bayonets MUST effect weapon accuracy

Some bayonets will "squeeze" the barrel when attached or extened, which will affect its accuracy.
  2. B

'Heavy Tank' update after launch?

I'd be more afraid of a KV2 or even a T34 than a T70 if I were taking cover in a building.
  3. B

What type of server will you play on?

I'll mostly play the most "realistic" of game modes the most I suppose seeing as I seem to be in the hardcore realism fellas corner. But I'll play everything the game has to offer, of course. I wouldn't buy anything without AT LEAST sampling everything that product has to offer.
  4. B

News Flash! RO2 Interview + some new footage!

"Damned kids these days and their automatic weapons and doohickeys all over their weapons. When we were your age we had to pack around a heavy wood and iron bolt-action rifle! And we were glad to have it!"
  5. B

Tank reinforcements

The only evidence I've ever seen of the Soviets sending men into battle without weapons comes from the battle of Stalingrad and the 13th Guards Rifle Division: "The Stavka had ordered the 13th Guards Rifle Division forward to Stalingrad three days before. Although over 10,000 strong, a tenth of...
  6. B

Anti-tank rifle vs infantry

YouTube - Sabaton - Panzerkampf At 2:22-2:26 you can see how the PTRS was used against infantry. And this is how I plan on using it.
  7. B

RO for 5$ on steam!

I saw a guy at Best Buy around the time the boxed version came out checking it out and decided to be a salesman for the game and talked to the guy for 2 or 3 minutes about how fun and realistic(compared to the other stuff on the market)the game was. I am happy to report that the guy bought the...
  8. B

Potentially Perfect RO Controller $60

It sounds like you're the marketing person for this product. Wouldn't happen to be the case would it?
  9. B

Red Orchestra habits

2nd QFT. :p
  10. B

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Athena, if you didn't like Beta I then I doubt you'll like Beta II.
  11. B

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

It isn't a SVD, it's an al Kadesiah, an Iraqi produced weapon which is a hybrid of a SVD and a PSL. http://www.dragunov.net/iraq_alkadesiah.htm
  12. B

Sprinting

Cease fire, cease fire. I think he's dead, guys.
  13. B

Sniper spotter class

The squad leader class suffices as a "spotter" class. Already on most of the maps the squad leader is equipped with binoculars, submachine gun/semi-automatic rifle and they are equipped with smoke grenades which can be useful for displacing from one position to the next. The squad leader can...
  14. B

The Ability to throw grenades back

If the ability to pick up grenades and throw them back is added I don't think it should be like how it is in DoD where if you pick the the grenade and it goes off it counts as a suicide or TK if your teammates are around. I think the points should still go to whomever threw the grenade...
  15. B

Deploying Times

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11052 I was in the same boat as you until I turned precaching off. Cut the loading times down by more than half.
  16. B

Fedorov Avtomat.( The first Assult rifle)maybe a bit unrealistiv though

By definition this weapon is not an "assault rifle" ergo it does not qualify as the world's first, however it does qualify as an "assault weapon". Because the weapon is not capable of selective-fire it disqualifies it as being labeled as an assault rifle. There are 5 characteristics which must...
  17. B

Some things that should be fixed!, and other ideas

The 45mm shells according to the information I have weighed about 6.5 pounds. Carrying one or two of these would be far from impossible for our soldiers we have in RO who make easy work of lugging around the PTRD, 2 satchel charges, grenades, 3 Panzerfausts, Pistol and ammuntion. Since all of...
  18. B

Extra stage of 'Unbuttoned' for Tank Commanders.

Love it. Sexy drawing too by the way.
  19. B

SdKfz 251/9 Stummel

The cannon was capable of firing armor piercing rounds and was mounted on various other types of Panzers(mostly PzIV), but its armor piercing capability wasn't that superb. I hardly claim to be an expert on armor and cannons, but in Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin(A game I purchased because...
  20. B

Sniper camo

I wouldn't mind too much if the sniper classes are given small things to help break up their silhouette like wiring in their helmets which would allow them to put foilage and other things on their heads. But I don't like the idea of having a full ghillie suit for them.