• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Twrecks

Post Scriptum: The Bloody Seventh (a WW2 mod for SQUAD)

Looking very cool. The Jerrys have nicer toys :D
  2. Twrecks

Post Scriptum: The Bloody Seventh (a WW2 mod for SQUAD)

Love to make a map for this mod. Guess need to get Squad :p
  3. Twrecks

Level Design Copyright question

Depends, If you're making a RO2 map with assets from RS, they will show in the editor but not in game. They're painful ways around. However, as far as copyrights Tripwire owns everything, i.e. don't use their stuff for other games. BTW, I was never here.
  4. Twrecks

Code Reinforcements

I would imagine that reinforcements is a variable, and as such could be added to via kismet, just like it can be reduced. Suggest you look at Grain Elevator, since there's a denial of reinforcements in the objective sequence in that map.
  5. Twrecks

Level Design [wip] RSTE-Makin

Dood! That looks so much better, and accurate. Glad you changed it. Nice interpactor too!
  6. Twrecks

Beta Map WF-Brecourt

Looks great! Some real artistry there :tup:
  7. Twrecks

Level Design Optimization Problems.

Dynamic Actors are a big FPS drain, like destructibles and physics objects (fluttering flags and movable items). Vehicles are a huge drain, with their dynamic shadows, physics and dust storms. Set cull distances for emmiters and decals in their properties, don't rely on the distance cull...
  8. Twrecks

3D & Animation Any tutorials for modding in 3ds max an MG 42?

Different shades of grey really. That's why I added "Uber" to the scale. Have had to adjust what I considered high and low over the years. High is okay for HUD rendered objects, but not in game. Only lowpoly stuff is in game (3d person), with progressively lower polycounts for LODs. In a few...
  9. Twrecks

This was my lowpoly MG42, and beginings of the highpoly. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1241365&postcount=9 Yes, I started with a lowpoly.
  10. Twrecks

Well, the luger has 3 models: 1. Uberpoly, used for generating normal maps for the high poly and low poly modelss. I would never UV map the Uberpoly, its only function is to bake normals. The insane polycount will never make it into a game, and be as insane to unwrap. 2. Highpoly, 1st person...
  11. Twrecks

The Uberpoly is used for normals. Using various optimizers on a highpoly usually doesn't result in good lowpoly models. Decimation will only go so far before it starts to destroy features. Projection mapping the UV material onto the low poly isn't always very nice either. Unless it already has a...
  12. Twrecks

Level Design Artillery properties

Just an idea... Instead of random arty trigger volumes, set the triggers to take damage. That way a regular arty slavo will trigger additional triggered arty. Does require a lot of Kismet sequences. Unfortunately the hits will be exactly where your triggers are, though they could be set up...
  13. Twrecks

ARVN or no? Need confirmation

Depends if RS2 extends from RS or is a stand alone. If it is an expansion, then you could make most of the map minus RS2 specific stuff.
  14. Twrecks

Level Design [WIP] TE-kuporosnoye

I like big maps!
  15. Twrecks

COD storm 2 vietnam godly M16A1

If the U.S. had the Zorg ZF1, some ppl would still say the AK is superior... As long as AMG/TWI base handling on real life statistics opinions mean very little. BTW, the videos linked show both "uncontrolled" and "controlled" recoil fire, which are very impressive accurate simulations.
  16. Twrecks

Level Design [WIP] Pegasus Bridge

Sweeet! Might add to gameplay if the tug was docked, or had some access.
  17. Twrecks

The ultimate thread of rare photos with rare/captured stuff.

20 mm cannon FLAK38, being used as a heavy machine gun: 76.2 mm cannon F-22USV, reworked by the Germans in FK39, used by American gunners in France: Men of the 27th Infantry Division attempting to tow off a captured T-34: Soviet heavy tank IS-2, captured by the Germans. On the tower...
  18. Twrecks

Level Design Halp.

Check the collision model and origin of the 88, either will flip u off.
  19. Twrecks

Level Design [wip] RSTE-Makin

Already figured the code out, working on animations. Regarding Makin, After the P08 is done, will flesh out the spawns and RSOD volumes (plus some other supporting stuff) so it can be tested. Kings Tower is 100% complete and in the map.
  20. Twrecks

Digging tunnels system (but, unfortunately, in EU4).

Grab a shovel and time yourself how long it takes to dig a fox hole. I think your team mates would rather you use a gun and join in the fight. Please leave earth works to the level designers, and map dynamics as destructibles. If mappers left out adequate cover, smoke works. On the plus...