• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Mauser98k

diference of hero and highly decorated

How the hell do you guys even get to that level? I have way too much time put into RO2, and I still don't see myself ever getting to a high rank without grinding AI matches.
  2. Mauser98k

What the community is up to - Vehicles ;)

Textures aren't even started on the tank, just FYI. I believe the modeler did the placeholder tex.
  3. Mauser98k

What the community is up to - Vehicles ;)

This isn't coming to a halt. I've seen/been a part of many projects go tits-up, but this has too much talent, and too much good work already put into it. It's very exciting, and I look forward to our releases. :)
  4. Mauser98k

3D & Animation Static meshes: KV-1 and KV-2

If any of your teams want help texturing, let me know! I'd love to hop on board. I've worked on mod teams before, and have been texturing for 6 years. Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/skatistic -- http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/n00btastic/Recent%20Work%20dump/yeah.jpg...
  5. Mauser98k

Model 39 Grenade Project - Cpt-Praxius:

I would work on the metal a bit more. It resembles plastic a bit too much right now, between the specularity and the flat grey. Also, maybe rework the color of the body? The color you are using doesn't really resemble what was used for those grenades. I'd be happy to help if you are open to the...
  6. Mauser98k

Tank rumor

Thank god for more people being aware of this. Thumbs up to that.
  7. Mauser98k

Iron Europe: 1914-1916

http://i.imgur.com/IHj7y.jpg http://i.imgur.com/EaPoG.jpg I'm in the same boat. Once I realized it was slowing to a huge halt, I stopped working on it. Here's 2 things I was working on prior to that. Cheers.
  8. Mauser98k

Change melee from 'quick melee' to an ambush weapon that they were in RO1

I've been stabbed by a Mosin bayonet before. Don't ask how, but that sh*t hurt. Went right through my skin without much force. Don't underestimate the screwdriver! ;) The mosin bayonet is very tiny too, which could allow it to zip right past your ribs. Not to mention it's long enough to pass...
  9. Mauser98k

Russian uniforms, and how improve.

Some of you may remember this topic. I posted this before release, and now feel like it should be posted again. The game has progressed greatly since release, and these simple changes can only serve the game well. I have copy-pasted the topic here: *Just noticed the title says "and how improve"...
  10. Mauser98k

Infantry weapons that should be added for Red orchestra 2

If you want 1943-45 maps/weapons, I better see some correct model 1943 uniforms for the russians. The russian uniforms we have right now are already wrong in a lot of areas. I'll gladly help create them, but until then-Bigger problems at hand, lots of effort to be put in. Leave it to the modders.
  11. Mauser98k

Picking at the knit.

To the post above... You can cycle a Mosin when empty, but not the K98. Good catch, OP.
  12. Mauser98k

This entire update summed up for me...

I'm sure he deserved it. :D
  13. Mauser98k

This entire update summed up for me...

Seriously. This game has been nothing but an amazing immersion ever since I loaded this update. Good on you TWI. You guys hit this one out of the park.
  14. Mauser98k

Just found this in my cabinet...

Didn't even realize I saved the receipt. 4/13/06! It was a cool reminder, thanks for the awesome times, TW!
  15. Mauser98k

Pavlov was a man, not a woman....

Well, I'm not needed here. I guess enough of us know Russian to get the point across...
  16. Mauser98k

A note about player movement and momentum

Just about the marksmanship comment. In Russia in the 1930s, it was an extremely popular past-time to train your kids as a marksman. Those marksmen were later brought into the army as the draft in Russia quickly loosened to ages 16-50 during 1942. (Also another thing to add, in 1941, 90% of the...
  17. Mauser98k

Uniforms?

It's because there is bloom in the game. You can turn it off in your config, although it won't help you when it comes to hiding from enemies. As for the actual uniform color, it's not incorrect, refer to my last post. Stolen enemy equipment, while cool, and for the most part correct in some...
  18. Mauser98k

Uniforms?

This is the color fabric used on all russian uniforms until the lend-lease act, which introduced uniforms made from American and British made cottons. If we were talking about m43 uniforms, this conversation would be completely different, but M35 uniforms were very regulated...
  19. Mauser98k

Feb 10 Update???

Tin-foil hats; ENGAGE.
  20. Mauser98k

How do I disable blur in spectator mode?

Disable FOV in the settings.