• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. A

Server Limit Map Update Checks?

Any updates on this bug? I'm using disk compression on my VPS to save space and it's absolutely destroying my CPU, and memory usage, trying to find updates that don't exist.
  2. A

Server Dedicated Killing Floor 2 Server on Linux [step-by-step guide]

Sorry for late reply... I've never heard this before. Could you point me too something referring to this, I've been using Linux since like 2006 and I've never seen this case been made. To be honest I never put my sudo in scripts to start with, if you have been compromised then the file could...
  3. A

Server Dedicated Killing Floor 2 Server on Linux [step-by-step guide]

sudo -u steam sh -c '~/Steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir ./KF2Server +app_update 232130 validate +exit' Hmm, you can write this as: sudo -u steam ~/Steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir ./KF2Server +app_update 232130 validate +exit Not a huge fan of hiding...
  4. A

Server Linux server support information

It does, had a look through my logs, there's a 200s gap between Flushing & Flushed, looks like with the latest patch it happens on more maps. But for me it's 100% CPU and you can't join for the entire time.
  5. A

Server Linux server support information

Tragic Kingdom is taking waaay too long to load on my server, clients are being dropped, and getting "Duplicate ID" errors, Anyone else experiencing this? is it Specific to Linux?
  6. A

Can the next RO be modern?

A few notes about China that should be considered, Steam isn't legal in China (most use proxies or something to use it). China will most likely censor anything that paints China in a bad light. The Chinese middle class earn far less than an American because Cost-of-Living is a lot lower, A...
  7. A

Minute aiming corrections at long range

This is really quite disappointing, its been 2 years and nothings been done about this, I "failed" the sniper training exercise because of this. Is there anyway to bring this to the attention of TWI?
  8. A

KF Terrible and unplayable FPS in Linux port of KF

Where does it say Beta? The store page doesn't say anything about Beta, its performance hasn't changed in the 6 months between my tests.
  9. A

KF Terrible and unplayable FPS in Linux port of KF

Send a message to Steam support asking for a refund and that you were deceived about the performance of the game. I Get 80fps in Windows max settings (game limit), and 30fps (max) and minimum in Linux this is a ****ing joke, I would consider this functionally broken, its laughible that this is...
  10. A

What is the purpose of the Mk42b?

1. 10% more expensive 2. 8% more DPS 3, 4, 5. means way more spray control specially since the spread is 40% less. Try unloading a clip into a scrakes head while he charges at you, this should be far more effective, less so with single shotting clots.
  11. A

Map Lag

Then why would the devs deliberately make the map unplayable? Currently the System Requirements Recommended: OS: Windows XP/Vista Processor: 2.4 GHZ or Equivalent Memory: 2 GB RAM Graphics: 128 MB DX9 Compliant with PS 2.0 support Hard Drive: 2 GB free hard drive space Sound: Eax Compatible I...
  12. A

Server [Linux]The best Linux OS for Killing Floor?

I have a Box with 1GB ram and AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (single core 2.0GHz circa 2005) I haven't had any noticeable problems, it runs L4D2 server fine and Counter-Strike Source. Since you're not drawing anything the game becomes a lot faster because its not choked down by textures and graphics card...
  13. A

Movie Volume adjustment

Every time I start a new mission or load up an old one I get a starting movie, which is extremely loud in my headphones. Why can't I turn down the volume of these clips? Ingame sounds are already reduced volume but the movie clips don't seem to adjust, and to make matters worse I can't skip...
  14. A

[Released] Hunting Rifle Beta

Like Last time... Like Last time... Like last time with the IJC pack, this rifle is making other weapons disappear since the patch, it seems the Axe is missing from the trader with the mutator enabled.
  15. A

Killing Floor Slow Loading Screens - FIXED

people should really avoid running as admin at all costs. XP runs apps by default as admin and Unix/Linux hasn't defaulted to using admin since the 80's. there's a reason they don't run as admin on Vista and 7. Just think what would happen if someone wrote a malicious mutator that deleted...
  16. A

Youtube Monetization of KF videos (HELP)

Ask YouTube on what their policy is of game play footage copyright etc Sine you made the video and recorded it there's a possibility that it's Your copyright, but as I said check with YouTube
  17. A

Random Screen Pauses During Gameplay - Work Around

List of things to try: update soundcard drivers I believe onboard drivers with EAX enabled can be buggy specially when loading sounds off on disk, you can also try disabling EAX since onboard usually doesn't add any value to EAX (poor or non existant implementation of effects) Clean out dust...
  18. A

Unknown Steam Error During LAN Listen Server

my flat mate has this error and my friend when coming over for a LAN also had this error after the 2nd connect, I can't Remove the password as I use it over the internet for friends and would rather not have randoms join. that being said try connecting on or after the 3rd time and it should...
  19. A

Manual Reloading Mutator!!!

braindead, how do I use your version, and is it whitelisted? I hate having to reload the pipe bomb and the added performance boost can't hurt I assume it needs compiling?
  20. A

[WHITELISTED] IJC WeaponPack (Ivan & Jack Carver)

Thanks for the weapon pack Just to help in the future, does one of you mind editing the first post to indicate that the weapon pack is indeed broken. It would help us not having to read 50 posts trying to find out if there's anything wrong with it. And for newbies never having used the pack...