• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. D

RO2 MG42 needs allot more recoil

Childish accusations does not a good argument make. As my signature might imply I play russians more than germans, and I still don't want to see realism take a back seat for balance reasons. Also you seem to ignore every post (of which there are many) pointing out that you can achieve balance...
  2. D

RO2 Anti-Tank guns

I never quite understood why TWI always neglected to include AT guns in their games seeing how (I assume) they would be much simpler to code and model than a tank, were very numerous during the whole war and employed in many more battles than tanks saw action in and would also add a great deal...
  3. D

RO was far from realistic as far as recoil goes, RO2 is better in this regard. And of course the MG42 is accurate at the short ranges we play at in this game. Why do you think they included one in every squad? That's what MG's are supposed to do. If you rush them blindly you die. I heard smoke...
  4. D

Please note my use of quotation marks. Of course there needs to be a balance, but like I already said this can be achieved without sacrificing realism. Developers for many other games either don't care or don't have the necessary skills (or both) to properly balance two asymmetrical teams so...
  5. D

RO2 is a game based on a real war, with real weapons, and is generally considered to be striving for realism. More than one game has been ruined in the holy name of balance. There are more and better ways to reach balance than blindly adding ridiculous recoil and/or bullet spread. Or perhaps...
  6. D

Armored Assault - why free ?

I love the interiors, I really do. But personally I'd rather have the limited interiors we had in Ostfront and more types of tanks than full interiors and less tanks.
  7. D

Immersion Overhaul Mutator

Any approximate date when 1.15 will be released?
  8. D

The Immersion Overhaul Mutator is now RANKED!

I'm fine with the movement speed as well. If it was up to me maybe I'd make it just a little bit faster, but I can understand why it was slowed down. I like the slower pace this brings to the game. Even if the running speed is below how a real soldier could perform it lessens the amount of jerky...
  9. D

People have different tastes, that is totally fine and that's why there are server options. I can absolutely see why some would prefer no zoom, just as long as they don't pretend that it makes the game more realistic. It only makes it harder and brings more of a focus on close range engagements...
  10. D

You misunderstood me as well. See my reply to Kleist to see what I meant. I edited my original message to avoid more misunderstandings. Anyway, if IOM becomes more popular hopefully we'll get at least one populated server running zoom on.
  11. D

Yeah this is very nice and all but like Soulfly I really hope there will be servers running IOM with zoom on. I haven't found any so far. I believe zoom is needed for machinegunners (I'm not asking for zoom for MG only here) to be as effective as they should be and while the effect itself is...
  12. D

I thank tripwire for the new update

At the same time we have MKB's equipped with bayonets and god knows what on both teams and a whole bunch of other very questionable things. The MG42 is far from being the worst offender. Personally I wish TWI would go back to their former principles regarding equipment availability, but it is...
  13. D

[Error] Squad Selection Menu

Aaaaand this is STILL not fixed and carries over to RS. Seriously TWI. A GUI bug that has been with us since the release of the original game almost 2 years ago. No amount of excuses are enough. Just.fix.this.god.damn.bug.already.
  14. D

[Crash] Hard Lock/Crash

Yep. 660 Ti to be exact.
  15. D

[Crash] Hard Lock/Crash

Just got a hard lock without screen blacking out. I was just staring on the campaign map select screen and couldn't alt tab, ctrl alt delete or anything. Several of my friends are also having these crashes and lockups. The CUDA and FXAA fix does nothing.
  16. D

[Crash] Computer crashes after playing for a bit

Same problem here using a GTX 660 Ti. With disabling CUDA do you mean switching it from global setting to manually selecting your GPU? I see no option for disabling it.
  17. D

[Error] Squad Selection Menu

A couple of months later and this bug is STILL not fixed. I recently started playing a bit of RO2 again after a long hiatus and couldn't believe this bug was alive and well since the very beginning. I have to switch to 1600x1200 resolution and back to 1280x960 just to pick the squad I want. This...
  18. D

Tanks in "classic" RO mode

Removal of the supply depots on the front lines, or removal of the ability to magically repair the tank and revive dead crewmen with said supply depots. It boggles my mind how they could make reasonably realistic tanks and then add in an arcady feature like this to go along with it. A tank...
  19. D

"What we are up to" - Feb 3rd edition

It's all sounding quite good except for one thing. Namely removing sub-machine guns from squad leaders. They were very likely to carry one in real life, and for good reasons. I'm all in favor of having more bolters and less automatics but this isn't the right way to go imho. I suppose that some...